Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Meaning you don't get a saying in which classes should come up, what should be done storywise, what balance changes should be implemented etc. It seems to me that hell of a lot of you play the game 10% of the time, and 90% think of what should be changed and then post random nonsense. It really is nonsense, most of the topics here. Both stupid and funny. And you whine about devs not talking to you. Geez, if I was head at Blizz, all employees would be strictly forbidden from entering forums as that is a very bad time spent. It is not worth it to dig through so much bullshit to come to that 1 comment per month that makes sense and is worth thinking about.

The game is what it is, people have made it really good and they are continuing to do so. Enjoy their work and don't presume that you would be doing it better. Just playyyyyy the game and enjoy. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Now go and be healed of this "millions of players' experience should be changed because I think so" mentality.
    LIES! I want the game to be the way I want to play it and anything else is just LIES LIES LIES!

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    ya that's fair. i think maybe then they could just be like the bottom of the barrel math majors from a good university though, cause really the only way they know how to communicate is saying "don't worry guys we can increase your numbers" while completely ignoring all feedback about the actual mechanics of their spec. it really is all about numbers to them
    Sounds to me more like they are social science majors who listen to a bunch of OPINONS, when what they should look at is raw data. Feelcrafting doesnt strike me as anything a mathematician whould do ;D

OP is the result of mixing crazy pills and cocaine. Don't do drugs kids.

Anyway, on topic:
    There is a saying of questionable providence, "Players are great at identifying problems, but terrible at suggesting solutions" this is because
    1) players experience the effect of each system in a gestalt manner.
    2) players push each system and each combination of systems to their limit and will usually discover synergies or bugs
    3) players have a very limited understanding of the tools and constraints of the given development environment.

Players giving feedback is a great way to learn where potential areas of improvement are. All feedback is valuable (as long as its honest), but a lot of people that give feedback do it in an "unhelpful" manner. Or they demand features that are unrealistic for one reason or another.

Its best to give very concise and focused responses. Long treatises should be avoided, because you actually want them to stop reading and start coding, and you're not likely going to improve the core thought with more words. And vague rants aren't helpful because you're not actually identifying the problem to be solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    We're the consumers, they might not like putting half the shit we talk about in but if they want to keep us around and make money they will. Now stop trying to troll the forums.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, not all feedback is good feedback and might only make it worse.

Take for instance class balance, lower rated people who don't know how to deal with certain things will scream that a class is OP while higher rated players might have zero problems with that class. Bastion is good if the enemy team doesn't know how to counter him, they'll just go to the forums and whine instead of what they should have done in the first place and thats switch heroes and counter him.

Now saying Blizzard shouldn't listen to feedback is stupid because in fact there is quite a bit of good feedback for both PvE, PvP and well anything for that matter.
    I think what Blizzard should do for themselves is create a easy way to filter feedback and only keep whats useful, if you could filter out the players who never pass the 1500 rating in PvP(while having played quite a few games) then more then likely you would make it easier on yourself.
    Now the only downside might be if said player is playing a highly uncompetitive comp because he likes to play with a rl friend or whatever. It's hard to filter out exactly what you want. Therefore Blizzard employers obviously have learned how to deal with all the feedback, sometimes I think they ignore a lot but that could just be me.

In any case, whining on mmo-champion will do you no good since I think if they would read feedback it would be from their own forums, it's not bad to have a place where people can out their frustration on the games. They might just see that they're wrong because other people provide arguments on why that is.

On the official forums you have tons of posts, oooh this is ssooooo OP nerf it. After creating the thread they never return to it, that's not what you want to see on official forums to be honest.

Meaning you don't get a saying in which classes should come up, what should be done storywise, what balance changes should be implemented etc. It seems to me that hell of a lot of you play the game 10% of the time, and 90% think of what should be changed and then post random nonsense. It really is nonsense, most of the topics here. Both stupid and funny. And you whine about devs not talking to you. Geez, if I was head at Blizz, all employees would be strictly forbidden from entering forums as that is a very bad time spent. It is not worth it to dig through so much bullshit to come to that 1 comment per month that makes sense and is worth thinking about.

The game is what it is, people have made it really good and they are continuing to do so. Enjoy their work and don't presume that you would be doing it better. Just playyyyyy the game and enjoy. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Now go and be healed of this "millions of players' experience should be changed because I think so" mentality.
    A lot of players in this game have a lot more experience on their class than blizzard devs. Also don't forget that within this game you'll get all kinds of people that have worked on massive projects before etc etc and of course wow being their hobby makes them knowledgeable enough.

I have got to admire the developers tolerance towards such a whiny and entitled community.
    If I was in their position, I would have delivered one heck of a verbal smackdown on their asses.

Deleted
    too bad Players are the one deciding if a Game is a sucess or not

so please tell us more how Players dont matter

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    too bad Players are the one deciding if a Game is a sucess or not

so please tell us more how Players dont matter
    Last time devs listened to the players, WoD happened.

Aren't customers always right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can handle it, but you are not doing yourselves a favor. If you want devs to listen to you and engage in your discussions, make it worth their while. Meaning, don't come posting and whining about every single little thing that comes to your mind. Then it becomes a pile of shit with one actually worth-reading comment in many weeks. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    You're a dev, aren't you? New user, talks like designers are the shit and fuck the players. Admit it.

Pretty impressive this shit-posting thread made it 3 pages with-out it being closed.

Reread the topic. You are players, not designers. Designers are players, they have your point of view. You are not designer, you don't have their point of view.
    maybe you dont, but that doesnt mean everyone else is clueless...

Deleted

I understand your point. Now kindly revisit random 20 topics here. Do you honestly think a game would be better or worse if even 1 employee of Blizz should have to go through it instead of doing something productive? If any measurable % of topics provided any real ways of improving the game, that's what they would be doing. However, there really are not that many. Go back few years even, you won't fight that many comments that would justify just 1 guy part-time obligation to go through forums.

- - - Updated - - -

If they followed every client's desire, game would be unplayable. You as a client have no clue of what you want, you just want to be the best playa evaa, and if the game does not fit in that world, then it should be changed.
    you still consider you and 10 ppl who might or might not share your view of a "problem" to be any relevant in a game that's played by millions. what if i don't share your point of view? are they gonna listen to me or you? how do they choose?

you must understand, you don't have the whole picture. they do.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be joking. Those features are laughable in amount compared to dev-original-features.
    I can handle it, but you are not doing yourselves a favor. If you want devs to listen to you and engage in your discussions, make it worth their while. Meaning, don't come posting and whining about every single little thing that comes to your mind. Then it becomes a pile of shit with one actually worth-reading comment in many weeks. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Not nearly enough reasoned feedback. That's the point. A whole lot of whining with 0 real value.
    You are not a community coordinator or moderator or in any other way responsible for what people post. Nor are you Blizzard or consulting them professionaly.

Meaning you dont get to say what people can post and not and whats best for Blizzard. Your nonsense is just more whining about people evaluating a product they bought and sercive they pay for. Its just as stupid as the last 500 identical topics. You are only adding to the huge shitpile of "Stop writing explicit or implicit negative things about Blizzard or its game [insert bullshit justification]. Of course I have nothing against criticism but your criticism is not real/valid criticism because I think so!" topics that is just wasting everyone lifetime, and no one but the buttmad OP cares about.

Don't presume your opinion and judgment is any better than theirs. Let Blizzard evaluate the feeback themself and let customer decide what and how much feedback they give. If you have your own opinion that contradict theirs fell free to disagree or share your own opinion. but don't think you have a say in who can post what and whoms post is worth what. You play no role in that part. If you have a problem with Blizzard just accepting the status quo go complain to Blizzard and tell them they should tell their customers to shut shut the fuck up about whatever opinions you don't like.

Actually, we do get a say in these matters. I'm also sure Blizzard's CS employees can handle the feedback just fine without your whiteknighting the corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Flying (player requested)
    Races (player requested)
    Classes (player requested)
    Mount types (player requested)
    Transmog (player requested)
    Pet battles (player requested)
    Heirlooms (player requested )
    Because the devs definitely didn't implement these or think of these on their own. The list is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    "Players aren't devs."

That's okay. Most people suspect devs these days aren't players.
    Truth. Bliz really needs to put a requirement of playing the class in a competitive environment to make suggestions about that class' changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

News Flash; the players are the ONLY thing at matter, without them games would not exist, developers are insignificant, their opinions are insignificant, their job to please the players that is it, period. They do that they attract more players, their profit goes up their bosses are happy.

The problem arises when the developers think they are significant, their time trumps players satisfaction, and they put a lot more emphasis on what is easiest for them rather than what is best for the players. When this happens you have a steady decline in the number of players, where once there were some 9-10 million players you now have 3-4 million and dropping.

If they followed every client's desire, game would be unplayable. You as a client have no clue of what you want, you just want to be the best playa evaa, and if the game does not fit in that world, then it should be changed.
    If... But they don't. They barely follow any client's desire or criticism. And to think customers don't know what they want is pretty ignorant. Plenty of good ideas floating around on their official forums.

Blizzard has put in a alot of bad ideas that aren't fleshed out well. Artifact weapons and the entire artifact system. The legendary system. The balance among secondary stats. Over pruning specs and removing abilities for specs that the class has had since day one. Suramar and rep gating of world quests on alts.

These systems are all things they're changing for the (hopefully better). And it's due to forum posts and social media. If customers didn't know what they want, why is blizzard backpedaling instead of doubling down?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard does this thing where they hire people specifically to read feedback, organize it, and relay the general themes and opinions of the players. They are called community managers. They do the filtering. Completely blocking all feedback is probably a pretty bad idea, but I'm sure one of the CMs will be happy to relay this feedback to the devs for you.