Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If some asshole lists 2000 stacks of 1 at 6.99, I will buy from the guy who lists 200 at 1400 or even 1500 instead of clicking "buyout" 200 times. Even if I had an addon that lets me buy 200 stacks of 1 at 6.99 automated, I still buy the 200 stack because I hate you people who flood the AH with 1 item stacks.
    So much truth in this. I have made mountains of gold buying up cheap mats in small stacks and relisting in bigger stacks at double the price. And yes, I have seen stacks of ore/cloth/leather sell at 1000g for a stack of 200 when there are 1000 singles listed at 2g each.

People who list large quantities of singles are cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And yeah, when I post bags I will undercut by 10-50 gold because I don't want to insult people with a 1 cent undercut.
    I agree with that. It costs me less than 100g (plus my time) to make a frostweave bag. If someone else has listed a few for 500g and these might sit there for days. I will sell for 399g and they will move like hotcakes because the buyer sees a ~40% discount (yes I realise this is only a 20% discount, but many people just see 300 instead of 399).

Also I have known people who will use 2 alts to play the auction house. They will list a dummy item at an absurd price with their first toon and then list the same item a lot cheaper (but still expensive) using a different toon. It creates the illusion that the lower priced item is at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I undercut because: a.) I'm an asshole, b.) I want to sell things quickly, c.) I could give two fucks about "virtual economy" and d.) if I get an angrily worded message from somebody who covets the AH like a precious commodity, it honestly makes my day.
    Exactly this. I'm in no way morally obligated to play the "undercut by 1c" game with the people who sit on the AH 24/7 in order to maximize their profits. It's a fucking video game and I have much better things to do with my life, so when I have things that need to be sold I usually undercut by at least 10% (unless it's raw mats that move well and I know will sell) in order to ensure that my items will sell. I've never gotten a mail from a butthurt seller, but if I did I'd be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    So do those that undercut me, so that makes me happy, because I hate those fucking addons and the fuckers who use them too...
    So basically nearly anyone but you? Tbh i also don't use AH addons. I use the offical WoW phone app which lets you do this stuff without even being in game. Or you can also do the same from the armory from any pc in the world.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Because people will buy the 6G 99S 99C first and not your 7G. It's annoying but it's logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    This is exactly the reason. I don't care about the remaining 25% gold enough to justify relisting items possibly for days on end. It's just not worth the hassle.
    That doesn't happen if you post stuff at the right times. That's part of playing the AH though - i can see why people decide to get less gold but fast instead of dealing with AH.

Point is, hefty undercuts in AH have next to zero meaning. You'd have the same results selling stuff in trade for the same price without the hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because people will buy the 6G 99S 99C first and not your 7G. It's annoying but it's logic.
    Finally someone who gets it AH is all about your place in the list, not the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I put what ever prices i deem for me a good.
    I do not care that some one else before me is trying to sell that item with 500g more profit or even more then me.

As long as i'm happy with the price i put i do what ever i want and there is nothing you or any one else can do to stop it.
    I love people like you. You make playing the ah so lucrative. You know what i'll do? I'm buying all your stuff and resell it with more profit. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Finally someone who gets it AH is all about your place in the list, not the price.
    Something you don't understand is that you are never on top if you undercut 1c, unless you spend your life on AH. Most of us DON'T GIVE A FUCK. We use AH to sell things and them move on. If we sell it in one go and earn 10g less than selling it in 5 listings, it's more than worth to not undercut 1 fucking copper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I love people like you. You make playing the ah so lucrative. You know what i'll do? I'm buying all your stuff and resell it with more profit. Thank you.
    You don't understand that WE DO NOT CARE. What the fuck do you do with the gold? Are you making love to it? lol

He really doesn't care. You seem to think you're claiming some sort of victory so grats I s'pose.

Deleted
    Mostly I agree with you OP, there is a special case however.
    Say an item is put for 25.000 gold on the AH. I will first undercut it by 1 gold or something like that. But if I remain the prime price and my item doesn't sell for 2 weeks, I will start undercutting for more.In this case, I'd actually put my item for 19.999 gold, which would be a 5k undercut. In the end, while I'd like to sell it for 24.999 gold, the situation is that I won't, and if I keep the price I might not sell it ever as with new patches come new items and such.

What I don't understand is people who put items on the AH lower than their vendor price. Say an item can be sold for 5 gold and the AH price for listing is 50 silver. If you put it up for anything under 5gold50silver you're actually losing money!

What I don't understand is people who put items on the AH lower than their vendor price. Say an item can be sold for 5 gold and the AH price for listing is 50 silver. If you put it up for anything under 5gold50silver you're actually losing money!
    They didn't bother to check the vendor and those fucking AH addons are suggesting all kind of retarded prices sometimes. So if someone hears about "use that AH addon, it's so gooood", and trusts the addon, they will get fucked...

You don't understand that WE DO NOT CARE. What the fuck do you do with the gold? Are you making love to it? lol
    So? I'm just grateful that people like you exist and farm stuff and sell it for stupidly low prices for me to buy it. Without you i had to farm stuff to make gold, ick! You are the ones making the economy game real for me. And if you don't care about gold, why sell stuff in the ah in the first place? Makes no sense right.

So basically nearly anyone but you? Tbh i also don't use AH addons. I use the offical WoW phone app which lets you do this stuff without even being in game. Or you can also do the same from the armory from any pc in the world.
    I use an AH addon, but not for flipping shit. I also never list things in batches of 1, like so many idiots do... They spend like 3 months traveling between the AH and mailbox, they make 2 million gold, then spend it in 2 seconds on a shit mount nobody cares about lol

- - - Updated - - -

So? I'm just grateful that people like you exist and farm stuff and sell it for stupidly low prices for me to buy it. Without you i had to farm stuff to make gold, ick! You are the ones making the economy game real for me. And if you don't care about gold, why sell stuff in the ah in the first place? Makes no sense right.
    Nobody farms anything, man, this is not vanilla. Those are just random drops we get and we just want to get rid of them, preferably without spending 5 hours on the AH to do it...

Gettin silly on my realm now. It's way too early in the expansion to be undercutting like this. The DAY I noticed flying bots around 2 and a half weeks ago (no... not the dragon in viking zone) was the day leystone and all herbs but starlight fell by 40%. Which makes even less sense, because they are in it for real money, why fuck up the economy YOU ARE TRYING TO EXPLOIT!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I dont get it. Please is there anyone who can explain this to me?

As buyer: When i need something and go to AH i will buy the most cheap version of that item. I dont care if it cost 1750G or 1700G. Will buy the cheapest one.
    I belive everyone will do that, you need that item afterall.

As seller: I go to AH and undercut the lowest price by 1 copper. Anyone who will want to buy that item will buy the one i put there. He doesnt care if it is 7G or 6G 99S 99C. This will max my profit for selling it.

So why there are people who cant undrerstan this. If you undrcut more then 1% of price not only you are damaging economy but also you dont get so much money as you could have. Just why?? And if there is something for absurd price noone will buy it and price will go down in time.

Its like if you have 2 piles of gold infront of you and there is 1000G and 950G and you have to choose one. Who would choose the one with 950G?? Its same principle.
    I undercut 50-100g on things that are only 1000-2000 gold constantly. Generally I just want things to sell right away and get that gold added to the collection. I'm never really concerned about gold and I haven't had any issues with it since TBC when I was selling DST's from Gruul Either way I don't think it's a huge issue, the price will generally bounce back up to what it was eventually.

The key is stop caring so much about earning an extra 100-1000g here and there, gold is so easy to come across it's really pedantic to stress that much over such a small loss.

Something you don't understand is that you are never on top if you undercut 1c, unless you spend your life on AH. Most of us DON'T GIVE A FUCK. We use AH to sell things and them move on. If we sell it in one go and earn 10g less than selling it in 5 listings, it's more than worth to not undercut 1 fucking copper.
    Again, you don't have to be on top to sell stuff. That's poor using of the AH. I post stuff at the right times and every day i just sell everything for a nice gold income and never relist stuff. I pay my sub easily through that.

You are free to no care. You can undercut by 99% but it doesn't inficiate the fact that the only reason you do that is because you want your gold RIGHT NOW instead of waiting a little and it translated in missed profit.

And by undercutting a lot you don't lose 10g. The median of big undercuts is around 30%.

- - - Updated - - -

I use an AH addon, but not for flipping shit. I also never list things in batches of 1, like so many idiots do... They spend like 3 months traveling between the AH and mailbox, they make 2 million gold, then spend it in 2 seconds on a shit mount nobody cares about lol

Nobody farms anything, man, this is not vanilla. Those are just random drops we get and we just want to get rid of them, preferably without spending 5 hours on the AH to do it...
    That is pretty much being an a****le (listing stuff in lots of small stacks) and i fully agree with you. I'm the first one not wanting to deal with the AH more than necessary.

And btw, farming is the most remunerative thing to do after botting. Especially because most people cannot be hassled in doing that. I literallyu spend 1 hour or so farming, and 2 minutes with the phone listing stuff.

When i get back home from work i just retrieve the email and i'm done. Currently 7 months in advance paid and 160(?)k gold in inventory. Started with 50k. I'm definitely farming my sub very easily.

EDIT: another note; if you are just selling the random drops you get, your hefty undercuts are a drop in the sea and have next to zero effect on AH - mostly because someone will buy your stuff and relist that at correct price.

Yeah, so the 20 aethril you get from doing your daily quests that you sell for example for 10g hardly matter if i'm selling 4000 aethril a day each for 15 gold. As i said before, i will just buy your stuff and resell it. And this could not work if you don't undercut like crazy.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2016-12-15 at 02:25 PM.

Yeah, so the 20 aethril you get from doing your daily quests that you sell for example for 10g hardly matter if i'm selling 4000 aethril a day each for 15 gold. As i said before, i will just buy your stuff and resell it.
    and you are both happy - he has fast gold you have resource that might or might not sell later.

im doin exackly sam thing only i dont waste time on herbs/ore - i usually buy ridiculously expnesive gear and resell it with even higher price - its much bigger gamble by much bigger gains with minimal effort - at the end of day its same shit only i have 100-200k per item if it sells and you need to sell tens of thousands of herbs/ore to reach same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and you are both happy - he has fast gold you have resource that might or might not sell later.

im doin exackly sam thing only i dont waste time on herbs/ore - i usually buy ridiculously expnesive gear and resell it with even higher price - its much bigger gamble by much bigger gains with minimal effort - at the end of day its same shit only i have 100-200k per item if it sells and you need to sell tens of thousands of herbs/ore to reach same effect.
    yeah but that doesn't work on my realm because too many ah bots scanning any kind of gear/mount with tsm profiles and instantly buying everything cheap.

just like some people dont care about being any good at the game, others dont care about squeezing every single copper out of the market.

When i get back home from work i just retrieve the email and i'm done. Currently 7 months in advance paid and 160(?)k gold in inventory. Started with 50k. I'm definitely farming my sub very easily.
    The price of gold is not worth for me the time / effort to pay with gold (EU). I's rather do something I like and pay the subscription...