Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Umm, we dont need WoW 2 we need a fucking vanilla server.... and no im not going to play on a private server because my shit can be deleted at any moment.
    But but it's the travel that matters not the goal right? right? Who cares if they delete your 60 if the questing and world experience is the best to date!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    There won't be a WoW 2 the only people who will be playing for the next ten years are the ones who are addicts and rather live in virtual reality than reality it self, that's what it will come down to.

MMORPG is pretty much a dead genre.
    I pretty much agree with this. I have been looking at what other mmos are out and whats coming, and nothing looks good or interesting. Asian ones always look the best, but they are huge grinds, bad questing and storylines. The only exception there was FFXIV, and I don't feel like playing it again either. That game was too unforgiving with the higher level raid stuff, and kind of lag and you were dead.

I might for a game like this:

WoW type lore, questing, and raiding
    TERA action combat
    TERA or FF graphics

but in the end, I am sure it would just be the same thing we do now, just different package.

Nope, Blizzard is never going to make another mmo. They've moved on to much simpler games like Overwatch, Hearthstone. These types of games requires far, far, far less money, resources, people, and time to make and generate a ton of money. Sorry, but Blizzard has moved on from mmos. It's just not a cost effective game genre anymore. They'll milk WoW for as long as they can though.

It is completly illogical to make wow2 when wow exists. As a company, do you really want all of your players to abandon one game to switch to another, potentially to be let down and quit? The only option that makes sense is to expend on the current game since the potential is endless.

They could definitely make Wc4 though i'd be all over it, and it would make more sense since it is a different genre and has a demand for it, on top of it being a warcraft title from Blizzard, granting it guaranteed success.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    But but it's the travel that matters not the goal right? right? Who cares if they delete your 60 if the questing and world experience is the best to date!
    I realize you tried to be sarcastic but you still hit the nail on the head. That's exactly how it works.

Can't wait the fresh start on a private server i can't talk about here.

Wow is going t last another 20 or so years with at least 1 mil subs whether anyone likes it or not.

There is very little chance they release a wow2 because one of the reasons wow is widely popular is because even people with out dated crap computers can play and there are a large amount of these players.

Also, majority of players are attached to their characters and their achievements over the years to simply drop it and play a new game called wow2.

It will probably happen but not for another 10+ years.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Wow is going t last another 20 or so years with at least 1 mil subs whether anyone likes it or not.

There is very little chance they release a wow2 because one of the reasons wow is widely popular is because even people with out dated crap computers can play and there are a large amount of these players.

Also, majority of players are attached to their characters and their achievements over the years to simply drop it and play a new game called wow2.

It will probably happen but not for another 10+ years.
    WoW plays horrible on outdated computers. It doesn't even play decent on some modern hardware like most ultrabooks or mid-range PCs.

WoW may be popular for many different things, but it was NEVER popular because it could run well (it can't) on shitty hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyT View Post
    I agree with you.
    I hit 880 the day Trial of Valor came out and I was just so burned out.
    It's another same old raid and rng legendary loot.

I think a graphical update would be fantastic.
    Imagine overwatch's graphic with wow's lores.

First person realistically casting greater fireballs.
    First person sneaking behind an enemy and backstab.
    First person turning into a bear and maul the opponent!

I know I know, it probably will never happen.
    Leave First person for the First person games.

Different crowds.

It's this attempt of mixing crowds that is ruining WoW, by trying to fit Diablo 3 into this game.

Stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a WoW 2 anytime soon. Even "Titan" which was supposed to be another type of MMO failed because Blizz realized making another MMO while WoW is still very much THE most played MMO in the world would just mean that they'd be competing with themselves for the same market.

So long as WoW is popular, they can just keep upgrading the graphics/engine like they've been doing. Think of every new expansion as a WoW sequel.

Right now, we are playing WoW 7.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Morhaime told his investors that there is not going to be a new WoW anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Now let me import my existing wow characters and their collections into such a game... and I'll buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, such separation artificially reduces the critical player base for every bracket.
    I think lfr can be tuned to normal mode and they can throw current normal out the window

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I don't think a wow2 is needed. They just need to stop chasing the players who have moved on from wow and focus on the current players.
    i would agree with that.

Legion is the best expansion, but yeah, if you've been playing 10 years, you're going to play the first 2 months and stop. I guess I'm just not sure anymore if that's really a "bad" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you ask my personal opinion the entire post is an "I didn't get the proper legendary" complaint thread. And you take it so far that you ask the entire saga to crash and burn because you hate it. But ok thats your personal opinion so I will just take it for what it is. Personal and opinion.
    I couldnt care less about legendaries honestly. The issue is as ive said, this is "NOT" a personal opinion if you read my inital post it was actually a point of stating this is NOT the first time ive heard someone say "im tired of this game".

"Tired of WoW": Then take a break man. It doesn't mean its a game's problem. Its your personal problem. I'm not tired at all I don't even have enough time to do all the things I want in wow. Its an endless party to me and many many other players.
    And many other players "equally" dislike the game itself and have been leaving in mass, its not an invalid point to say that alot of us are done.

"Legion's Elephant the RNG system": I guess back in vanilla we didn't have many players like you. Took me 42 weeks to get my T2 head from Onyxia farming it religiously every damn reset with my guild. Silly me I never thought RNG is an elephant or my enemy. I just took it for what it was. Oh and I used my T1 head meanwhile which was only like -15 agility? So no biggie.
    People always assume that they were the only ones from the vanillia generation, my first main was a paladin that took me god aweful hours of my life to work even a smidge beyond level 42 which finally caved into 60 after 2 years of being a lazy player in general. However even back then there was a big point to be made, the RNG in Vanillia was nowhere near as obnoxious as it is in Legion because you "literally" got gear from -every- boss drop even if it was god aweful shit that required you to wear pieces of cloth/leather plus the number of bosses compensated for the lack of drops.

RNG has existed since Vanillia but time=reward and effort=reward, that was the rule and that was the rule that was followed during the earlier inception of wow. There was never a point you did NOT get something for your time, RNG, or progression based, through rep grinding, multiple runs of aquiring tokens for gear and generally buying gear or crafting it.

Time+Effort=reward, RNG without Reward=Wasted Time and Wasted Effort. Most of Legions loot is exactly this, a waste of time because you "can" literally do an entire raid only to get "NO" loot at all and the next day by sheer fucking luck get a half-decent epic that is just a smidge more useful than the one you already have only to realize its item level is less valueable.

Now you are literally being showered with gear and still complain. I make 100 epic crystals a day on my alt with all the ridiculous amounts of gear that drops.
    So ill be pointing out what I just said above:

Gear drops, but none of it is useful, its literally like being given candy that tastes of earwax. Sure its nice that I get plenty of candy, but it'd be nicer if for the time and effort it took to buy that candy, it at least tasted of something moderatley sugary.

Unfortunately thats the pattern with the gear, its plentiful in hypothesis, with no actual substance in reality. Making it completely pointless that you get showered in loot because most of it isnt even helpful, basically, taking the Diablo effect.

That doesnt even consider the fact that agian, like above, you can literally do a full run of a dungeon, raid, and get NOTHING for your time.

"PvP is Dead": Thats what every pve player I know says. "I don't like it so its dead". Well I just made it to duelist this season (first time I couldn't hit glad in ages) which tells me that theres a lot more and a lot better players playing. So far from dead, check your facts and come back thanks.
    PvP is dead because of the fundamentals that have redefined it for its third inception, your asking me to check my facts? Ill happily do so. Far less people than ever before are playing PVP the way it was meant to be played, via BG's, World PVP zones or simply World PvP in general. A concensus being most of the current Broken Isle PvP amounts to barely seeing another player due to phasing and most of the game focusing on PvE reward level gear which makes PvP gear irelevent if you raid much like Vanillia did.

"The story is a clusterfuck". Personally all I know about Legion's story is this: Some bad guys invaded a weird island we never knew existed. Our king whose name I don't recall atm died and we have to be reminded with every loading screen. Some mana junkies in suramar made us bring all that mana to them and paid us in AP. Theres nagas and vrykuls everywhere. Thats it Im done with lore. I can literally say I don't give a fuck why we kill stuff. I just do it for gold and items.
    Thats the thing, for those of us that actually care about the lore Legion was great in terms of being a tribute to all the things that were left unanswered in the previous storylines. The issue was, it also created a fucking boat-ton of new questions that have no answer at all, like an unresolved worgen/undead plot, a completley pointless storyline about the Nightfallen that has no substance beyond its main storyline and a completely pointless side-track storyline involving HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN and the FANBOY WRITER EBONHORN or the pointless distraction of Nightmare shit going on in Val'sharah or Azsuna. Basically, its not that any of the story was bad, it was just pointless, it doesnt focus on the actual threat, the fucking Legion, which should be ALOT more prominant in an expansion with its fucking name-sake in it.

"Too many difficulties" Thats actually awesome. Imagine you are a normal quality player. And yet the game only has LFR and Mythic difficulties. You don't fit to any category but you are basically obliged to do the simpleton content that you will soon loathe all the while you can't even get closer to mythics because of your LFR gear and normal raider skill. The many difficulties make it easier for you to find your place in wow. You should be thankful.
    Having too many difficulties has prooven as I said before when WoD mythic guilds STRUGGLED to get players to join Mythic that having too many difficulties is just a downright pointless issue nobody asked for. Its adding more than the game "needs" and reduces the content in favor of adding more diffculty content aka: Less dungeons/raids, more modes and gear for them so Blizzard can afford to waste less development time on making new dungeons/raids. Which honestly, is an insult, considering that previous expansions had more than one fucking raid at launch.

"Lack of Personal Progression" I am progressing 3 toons 8 weapons 3 kinds of armor 2 pvpers 1 raider and run a guild. With each thing I do there is personal progress. +1 skill in profs, +30 rating in RBG +23 in arena +1 boss down Mythic +3 key upgrades on my +7 key. What on earth personal progress did you want? Being showered in legendaries? Even that happens. 1 toon with 5 legendaries, 1 toon with 3 and 1 toon with 2. And its just 3 months after launch in a game to last 2-3 years.
    Your assuming more than 1/10th of the entire WoW population is that hardcore and that dedicated to playing as you are, the harsh cold reality is that your just one guy in a plethora of millions, literal tens of millions and not everyone is the same as you when it comes to progress, time spent, and effort worth investing. You clearly enjoy the game, thats not an issue, what is an issue is your blatant refusal to acknowladge that a MAJORITY of other players DONT. This is not just a SINGLE voice speaking here but an orchestral conductor speaking through many voices ive heard echoed back to me feeling the exact, same, way.

Youtubers, streamers, people who thought legion was the shit 3 months ago recently announced quitting because they simply dont care anymore. People that helped publisise the games success and interest and whos vast communities carry sway based on masses of opinions that universally clusterfuck into a catastrophe of bad ideas and even worse opinons.

Generally however those tumblr level bases also happen to be alot of the playerbase itself, including MMO champion's own fantastic audience, many who are amazingly great people, many others who would love nothing more than to troll half the community.

Whats worse though?

The fact that people actually think that a majority still play this game, its just not true, accept it.

Im sorry but now that I finished writing I still think you are just complaining because you got a Prydaz or something.
    Not even sure what thats supposed to mean but shrug.

Its becoming dead due to its main competitor the zombie armies playing micro-transaction games on their mobile devices everywhere while pretending they re normal and everyone else is weird.
    The Genre Died long before that when it became over-reliant on raiding and dungeons as a gameplay medium which forces social interaction on anti-social humanbeings who by default dont give a damn about playing with others except to interact with them in the same way one interacts on a forum. As a means of expressing their opinion on others all while trying to get some degree of attention and respect for it, which they never do.

The harsh, cold, reality is my friend, my view here is basically the view of many. Im not speaking as "one" guy and I know alot of people enjoy the game, and thats FINE, I never said DONT.

What I said is this: It is inevitable at this point that the games loyal fanbase will retain itself to the LOYALISTS still playing and still caring about WoW now, people like yourself, who whole heartedly enjoy the Game and want to play it on a regular basis. By all fucking means play it, nobody is stopping you, nobody is saying you cant, nobody is saying the game is doomed.

What is true however is that there is ONLY SO MUCH the game can DO to attract NEW interest, NEW, players and RETAIN old ones. This is why a new game, a New WoW would work as a means to an end, to offer a FRESH game, with NEW gameplay, completley different from its predacessor, while using a brand-name to advertise itself seeminglessly because in its current state, wow is an ideal cash cow for a sequel. Honestly, if someone told me tommorow WoW 2 was being announced id probably be alot more interested, than I am in Legion, and I know ALOT of people, from various servers/guilds who feel the same.

We are all waiting, for the next big thing.

Most likely from blizzard itself.

Also, for the people doubting on blizzard making an MMO:

https://mmos.com/news/blizzard-job-l...hooter-project

http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/08/he...zzard-project/

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/13/13...-game-director
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2016-12-16 at 01:39 AM.