Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Great post, yeah that's exactly how I feel when I dps, if I press one wrong button or mess up I'm playing catch up the rest of the fight, whereas I find that isn't too common while tanking or healing.
    Yeah, but if you make that mistake while tanking or healing the risk can be getting yourself or someone else killed. Some people don't like that feeling, it just stresses them out so they don't enjoy the role. I personally revel in it, that excitement is why I like tanking and healing so much (the flipside is I don't like tanking/healing easy content, I just get bored).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I wouldn't say that tanking is way less difficult than doing dps, but the learning curve is shorter, that is for sure.

Ignore boss' mechanics, wipe a couple times, memorize mechanics, taunt on 5 stacks, use your cds, done.
    If you want to be in the top dps of your raid the effort is much bigger. If you just want to be "a dps" then tanking is probably harder.

Top notch Dps > Good Tank > Average Dps

Deleted
    Tank is not the most stressful role in the game, but people claiming it's piss easy are probably players that have at most tanked a heroic dungeon to just skip que. I have been both dps and tank (mainly) in the last 4 expansions, and dpsing is not that monstruous job that many dps players like to make it seems just to bolster thier ego. Every role in the game has its job, and the difficulty of that job vary depending on the content and the difficulty.

Especially in Legion, Mythic+ puts the weight of the affixes on the tank and/or the healer 90% of the time, while dps keeps smashing their heads on the keyboard to do damage. In mythic raids, the fights may vary from mindnumbing to hectic for every single role.
    For example, Mythic Ursoc is almost a patchwerk style fight for dps, while for tanks it's an hectic fight where you must taunt constatly, move the boss, take the adds, and mitigate as much as you can the freaking enrage after 35% health when he start hitting like a truck. On the contrary, Dragons of the Nightmare is almost a nap for tanks, who just need to swtich the dragons at the right time, while dps and healers have to deal with all the ability with costant movement, dispels etc, plus the portals group.

If the stress of dps players, as I seem to be reading somwhere in this thread, comes from trying to be competitive on the metersor because you think it's hard to perform a correct rotation (in Legion, lol), then I can leave this thread with a good laugh.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=munkeyinorbit;43790219]You just showed yourself for a lfr player. well done. Name one time where a tank needs to hit a non GCD button within a 1 second time

Most mythic EN bosses is a wipe when the tank dies while missing a dps is useal not the a wipe, even on Ursoc you can have 1 dps die but if one tank dies then the other also dies if no CR is available. If a tank dies on Dragons the dragon you tank useal goes to the other side and that is a wipe quickly as t can screw the debuff enough that a swap is impossible and all stand there sleeping for 30sec.
    You can maybe miss a tank on the Eye boss but the rest requires 2 to not die on.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are saying tanking is easy have probably never tanked on the fringe of their and the healers abilities/gear.

It's a completely different play style to DPS and I think it requires a different skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    Whilst it’s true that there’s only a certain amount of raid damage to heal, I guarantee that in any competitive guild healers are all trying to ‘win’ the meters by sniping each others heals. Then there’s also the dick measuring competition of who is doing the most dispels and which healer has contributed the most dps on the boss.
    Actually, good healers will not play for hps meters, but for keeping everyone alive. Sniping heals can be bad, as its wasted mana and time that may have been spend elsewhere, or even dpsing. High-end players will often play on the fringe of their abilities, so any wasted heals/mana should be avoided. If you overheal a fight, thats when such behavior starts - so drop a healer or make them dps.

Unfortunately there is still plenty raid leaders out there that judge healers by meters alone, so they encourage such bad play.

[QUOTE=FarseerJesper;43790485]
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You just showed yourself for a lfr player. well done. Name one time where a tank needs to hit a non GCD button within a 1 second time

Most mythic EN bosses is a wipe when the tank dies while missing a dps is useal not the a wipe, even on Ursoc you can have 1 dps die but if one tank dies then the other also dies if no CR is available. If a tank dies on Dragons the dragon you tank useal goes to the other side and that is a wipe quickly as t can screw the debuff enough that a swap is impossible and all stand there sleeping for 30sec.
    You can maybe miss a tank on the Eye boss but the rest requires 2 to not die on.
    You are talking about a healing failure. Tanks get hit in the face and taunt at the right time. If they die, it is healer fault. Stop pretending tanking is harder than what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    You are talking about a healing failure. Tanks get hit in the face and taunt at the right time. If they die, it is healer fault.
    This is just plain false, and it happens to also be a favored excuse used by shitty tanks who die often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Healing is utter garbage this expansion.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=munkeyinorbit;43790710]
    Quote Originally Posted by FarseerJesper View Post

You are talking about a healing failure. Tanks get hit in the face and taunt at the right time. If they die, it is healer fault. Stop pretending tanking is harder than what it is.
    Call it what you want, but sometimes healers have to move out of stuff and sometimes things just goes wrong, tanks might get hit in the face and taunt at the right time but we also have to play alot more attention to our surroundings then most others have. We just simply can't stand in shit and stuff, we have a respondsibility to place the boss where dps can do thier job as easily as possible and the healers don't have ro run around headless to avoid things the boss tosses in front or behind it.
    It's just stupid to assume and blame the healers if something goes wrong, tanks don't take a consistent damage intake, it varies and sometimes timing is just wrong and the healers have to move away from something that would CC them when the tank takes a series of attack that avoidance or mitigation doesn't block.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yeah you keep thinking that all we do is stand and press taunt. I'm not interested in a dick-measuring contest with you.
    WARNED - keep it civil.

(Mfw mods get away with being uncivil because they're mods c

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You never played tank then. You don't need to lie about what you play man, because you are just spouting complete BS right now. It's not a wipe when a dps dies and name one mechanic where a dps has to hit a non GCD button within a 1 second timeframe.
    Just ignore the guy, seriously. He's either a flat-out troll, a moron or a l33t-kiddie who thinks he's god's gift. Threads like this get derailed because people feed guys like him. Leave him in his delusional little fantasy world where he's the best and everyone else sucks, everyone else is playing EZ-mode and he is the only one who haz skillz.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-16 at 05:54 PM.

Tanks set the difficulty for the rest of the group.

Healers compensate for everyone's mistakes.

DPS wonder what's for dinner.

So it has been, so it will always be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh? For mythics and raids I go dps when I want to relax and not worry about anything. Tanking, especially in mythic+, is far more stressful.

We're not competing on meters in the same way, but we are competing to be viable and to perform well. Buffs/nerfs affect us just as much, and can affect our group/raid way more than a bit of dps can.

I'm a healer and I definitely stress about my performance. Many raidleads, particularly those who haven't healed before, still set their roster based at least somewhat on healing done and HPS. Same goes for loot councils that have given me gear.

Parsing is still a big deal to me at least.

ah, there we go, tanking is so easy it's always the healers fault if you die

right...

gotcha...

you must be the life and soul of your raid group - high turnaround in healers in your guild by any chance?
    <insert witty signature here>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    People who are saying tanking is easy have probably never tanked on the fringe of their and the healers abilities/gear.

It's a completely different play style to DPS and I think it requires a different skill set.
    Exactly.

I wouldn't say that any of them are harder or easier than the other roles. Some people seem to be built to handle one over the other (Some have a knack for healing, but couldn't DPS down Bambi with a bazooka. I can DPS like a madman, but trying to heal leaves me a quivering nervewracked mess) but in a neutral situation, each role requires it's own skillset and affinity. For some bosses this goes out the door. Some are nighmarish to tank (or heal, or DPS) but overall, things tend to balance out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    DPS wonder what's for dinner.
    Guarm. It's what's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    This is just plain false, and it happens to also be a favored excuse used by shitty tanks who die often.
    So what data "do you have to back it up apart from the data that everyone knows about. The data that says that tanks don't have it hard, it is easy to tank and heals just need to keep them up?

It is just plain false and is a favored excuse by tanks. "Tanking is hard. you should heal us lots".

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=FarseerJesper;43790819]
    tanks might get hit in the face and taunt at the right time.
    Sigh. I just deleted all of the stuff that all players have to do. That other stuff, if you are too much of a retard to know, all roles have to deal with. I think you were trying to say that taunting is hard. Taunting might be hard for you, but a lot of people raid more than LFR and they also know that tanking is easy. In the future, you will be as good as me. A range dps who also tanks and finds it super easy to tank.

p.s. I bet that someone is going to get extra triggered and will report me because they cannot handle tanks being easier than other roles. I dare you.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-16 at 05:53 PM.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep, with tab targeting having NEVER worked for me, taunting that runaway mob is basically impossible for me. I can't "click it" cuz clicking is bad per the internets, so... it's just out there. That's how i tank. Ooops, and to add... why I don't.
    Clicking your abilities/rotation is bad (that's where you want hotkeys!), not click-targeting mobs. For the most part, by the time you tab target a runaway mob, its already gotten far enough away to create a problem. Boss frames like that in SUF still work and can help on bosses for quick targetting but doesn't work for trash. I think you've misunderstood the anti-click philosophy. The idea is you DO need to click things, but that's why you don't want to click ur action bars, to free up your mouse for other things the mouse does well.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-12-16 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    ah, there we go, tanking is so easy it's always the healers fault if you die

right...

gotcha...

you must be the life and soul of your raid group - high turnaround in healers in your guild by any chance?
    No. same healers for the last 6 years. You know why? They do not suck. They know their job is to heal shit.

IF shit happens, there is a frank discussion between the tank and healers. Admitidly there is a lot of swears going on, but 9/10 it is cause the healers being lazy cause we all know tanking is easy as fuck and doesn't actually need a lot of "mechanics".
    why so mad bro