Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Muslim woman arrested for fabricated hate attack

A young Muslim woman who reported being harassed on the New York subway by supporters of US President-elect Donald Trump has been arrested for fabricating the story, officials say.

Yasmin Seweid, 18, said three men had called her a "terrorist". She has been charged with filing a false report and obstructing governmental administration. She reportedly later admitted to police she had been out drinking and had made up the story as an excuse.

The student originally told police the men had told her to "get out of this country" and to "get the f****** hijab off your head!", NBC reports. She said they had tried to tear off her headscarf and that no bystanders had intervened during the alleged incident on 1 December. She also said that one of the men had grabbed her bag, breaking the strap.

"It breaks my heart that so many individuals chose to be bystanders while watching me get harassed verbally and physically by these disgusting pigs," she said on Facebook one day later, according to NBC. But officials reportedly got suspicious when they could not find witnesses or any significant video.

Then, last Friday, the woman was reported missing, in a case that was widely reported on US media. She was found one day later. She was arrested on Wednesday and admitted fabricating the story to avoid getting into trouble with her parents.

Ms Seweid was arraigned at Manhattan Criminal Court, where she appeared without a veil and with her hair shaved. Unnamed sources told the NY Daily News her parents had forced her to cut her hair over the incident.

Released on Thursday, she faces up to a year in jail for each charge.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38328242

Another fake story bites the dust

7+ Year Old Account
    Gets drunk, calls other people disgusting pigs, and makes up a fake hate attack. She should be ashamed.

Even if this really happend to the woman her calling the other people "disgusting pigs" is a even worse hate crime than "remove your hijab".

Just saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    That last bit caught me off guard.

"Ms Seweid was arraigned at Manhattan Criminal Court, where she appeared without a veil and with her hair shaved. Unnamed sources told the NY Daily News her parents had forced her to cut her hair over the incident."

Random shit in USA is relevant in what way?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Random shit in USA is relevant in what way?
    Relevant to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    That last bit caught me off guard.

"Ms Seweid was arraigned at Manhattan Criminal Court, where she appeared without a veil and with her hair shaved. Unnamed sources told the NY Daily News her parents had forced her to cut her hair over the incident."
    I think that's a proper educational response by her parents. She may have learned a lesson through that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's kind of sexy.

I hope she doesn't cover herself with burqas.

I remember when this story spread like wildfire and I told people it was probably fake. That's what people do these days, they fake shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    We really need stronger laws (and more importantly, actually enforcing those laws) punishing false claims/accusations, slander, defamation and libel. People use these fake stories to manipulate public opinion for their agendas.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Is "Muslim hate" the new race card in the U.S.?

This is unfortunate because when the Media was picking up on the kidnapping scare, some people started faking them and now almost any report is met with suspicion.

Also, this story will probably not be carried by ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN in the U.S.
    Last edited by Brangh; 2016-12-16 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

You know how anyone with a pulse realized this bint was full of bullshit? When she said that this happened on a New York subway. It's really not as plausible as it sounds to people who don't live in proximity to the Big Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Relevant to what?
    I mean how this is news-worthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    She's kind of sexy.

I hope she doesn't cover herself with burqas.
    Probably have to now, as everyone will probably recognise her & give her the shit she deserves.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the three accused would've been sentenced would work out to & if anywhere near as lenient compared to what she got for trying to ruin their lives.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Even if this really happend to the woman her calling the other people "disgusting pigs" is a even worse hate crime than "remove your hijab".

Just saying.
    Unless you're a Muslim, you have no right to make that statement. Wearing a hijab is an important part of the religion and to make this claim as an outsider is incredibly ignorant and ethnocentric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Unless you're a Muslim, you have no right to make that statement. Wearing a hijab is an important part of the religion and to make this claim as an outsider is incredibly ignorant and ethnocentric.
    I am sure your first sentence is not a real thing, not entirely convinced your second one is either.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or you've gone full Guardian.

Back to the middle east with her!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    No, it's not an important part of the religion. There are a lot of women among my extended family who are not wearing a hijab despite being muslims. Not wearing a hijab doesn't make them any less muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I mean how this is news-worthy.
    Uhmm... so when her claims were the headlines everywhere after the elections it was fine, but now when she is arrested for those claims it's not news-worthy. Riiiiiight... do you double standard much bro?

Deleted
    Clearly this means all other reports of harassment are fake as well.