Quote Originally Posted by TeleriaX View Post
    You mean that reliable powerful heal that is based on 2-3% more intellect in total (at best) against a trinket that does 6-7% of your total heal?...

Vial is the clear winner, a 30 itemlevel lower stat stick trinket doesnt even get close.
    The stat stick is about a 5K hps increase

http://imgur.com/a/37qiG
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2016-12-12 at 11:03 AM.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Yes because Spreadsheets are pretty good for Trinkets right? No they are not.
    On my normal (yes normal) Cenarius kill yesterday i had ~310k HPS and 7% of my healing was my trinket proc (ilvl 840..) so that alone would be more HPS than your spreadsheet gives account for. That is with 40 lower itemlevels and for the proc alone, without including the crit.

Yes because Spreadsheets are pretty good for Trinkets right? No they are not.
    On my normal (yes normal) Cenarius kill yesterday i had ~310k HPS and 7% of my healing was my trinket proc (ilvl 840..) so that alone would be more HPS than your spreadsheet gives account for. That is with 40 lower itemlevels and for the proc alone, without including the crit.
    I would argue that if vial is doing 7% of your healing your doing something wrong and that is greatly skewing your view on that trinket.

Just as an example - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...R#type=healing (Note that vial only did 3.61% of my healing which works out at about 16.1k hps over the fight, even if this didn't include the crit it wouldn't be much higher... and it really never goes above 4-5% on any given fight I do)

Each to their own though and I don't really feel like arguing about trinket choices.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2016-12-12 at 11:52 AM.

Bring a spreadsheet as an argument saying a 850 stat stick is better than a 880 vial, but using a lower vial yourself. Hmmm. Well whatever.

Bring a spreadsheet as an argument saying a 850 stat stick is better than a 880 vial, but using a lower vial yourself. Hmmm. Well whatever.
    I don't know about you but I don't think having a trinket 5 less item levels discredits what I am saying at all.

Hey guys, I got Uther's guard last week and I have a question about the upcoming changes to it. Will the 15% heal affect our Beacon target? Will it be able to critically heal the target of the Blessing?

Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    Hey guys, I got Uther's guard last week and I have a question about the upcoming changes to it. Will the 15% heal affect our Beacon target? Will it be able to critically heal the target of the Blessing?
    Same Here, I still think this legendary is just OK even with the buff. However, if it does heal through Beacon and can crit. I would rate it differently

Don't know where this salt comes from. Empirical evidence from multiple sources are backing up what is already established as a fact - stat stick is better.
    Or maybe you are one of those "I feel that this is true therefore it is" people? Then by all means, continue....

Quote Originally Posted by necromorphs View Post
    Same Here, I still think this legendary is just OK even with the buff. However, if it does heal through Beacon and can crit. I would rate it differently
    It heals for a percentage of target's health. Effects like that don't crit (compare protection paladin self-heal: it's percentage-based and it cannot crit, ever). I also doubt it transfers via the beacon. I can't remember a single item-based heal that works with the beacon.

NB: both are testable on PTR and I am just too lazy to log in and test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    Don't know where this salt comes from. Empirical evidence from multiple sources are backing up what is already established as a fact - stat stick is better.
    Or maybe you are one of those "I feel that this is true therefore it is" people? Then by all means, continue....
    This is correct, and it's also easy to verify on your own if you have both items. Test the vial and note how much effective healing comes from it. Calculate the effect of the stat stick: ((INT with stat stick)*(1 + crit with stat stick)) / ((INT without stat stick)*(1 + crit without stat stick)) - 1. If the first number is higher, the vial is better. If the second is higher (and this wil be the case), the stat stick is better.

getting the belt legendary is gonig to be really good come 7.1.5 anyone know???

Quote Originally Posted by magiee View Post
    getting the belt legendary is gonig to be really good come 7.1.5 anyone know???
    Yes, it will be good. Just read the tooltip on it and it's pretty obvious it will be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    It heals for a percentage of target's health. Effects like that don't crit (compare protection paladin self-heal: it's percentage-based and it cannot crit, ever). I also doubt it transfers via the beacon. I can't remember a single item-based heal that works with the beacon.

NB: both are testable on PTR and I am just too lazy to log in and test it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is correct, and it's also easy to verify on your own if you have both items. Test the vial and note how much effective healing comes from it. Calculate the effect of the stat stick: ((INT with stat stick)*(1 + crit with stat stick)) / ((INT without stat stick)*(1 + crit without stat stick)) - 1. If the first number is higher, the vial is better. If the second is higher (and this wil be the case), the stat stick is better.
    I have the current iteration (the belt) and from what I've noticed it doesn't crit (had a discussion earlier on the forum) and the heal doesn't transfer to the beacon. It is however more mana efficient than flash of light, does heal for a good amount and it's a great movement heal.

Quote Originally Posted by necromorphs View Post
    Apparently it doesn't, though.

Deleted
    Trinket Question:

I've got

885 Ethernal Urn with Socket
    895 Cocoon
    865 Vial of Nightmare Fog

What to use? The 895 Cocoon looks nice, but except the INT its useless.

Quote Originally Posted by satanicsuture View Post
    It is however more mana efficient than flash of light, does heal for a good amount and it's a great movement heal.
    You cannot make a blanket statement like that: the actual comparison will be affected by your gear level, your target's gear level and your target's class and spec.

That said, this does seem to be true assuming ilvl 880 and near-BiS gear on both you and your target. My napkin math tells me the BoF beats FoL in both throughput and efficiency if the target is about 2.3M health or more (which means everybody regardless of class and spec at that level) but loses to FoL in both throughput and efficiency if the target is below 1.9M.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that healer throughput will grow probably faster than health pools, so the bracers will become worse and worse by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Trinket Question:

I've got

885 Ethernal Urn with Socket
    895 Cocoon
    865 Vial of Nightmare Fog

What to use? The 895 Cocoon looks nice, but except the INT its useless.
    vial + urn

Does anyone heal with the default UI and no macros or healing addons? At this stage in the game is that still possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Does anyone heal with the default UI and no macros or healing addons? At this stage in the game is that still possible?
    clique is the only thing i really need.. but u can replace it with macros so yeah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Mouseover macros + a texture pack and normal ui for me, healed that way since MoP whilst occasionally dabbling with vuhdo before going back to basics. If you know the fight and have DBM/BigWigs yelling out targets that get the debuff it's fine.

Admittedly I haven't raided mythic this tier, I would be very surprised if anything has changed. Come to think of it I briefly used Decursive for Sinestra.

If you were a rdruid then maybe, the default UI only shows 3 HoTs but for most situations you don't need to know more than 3 (LB, Rejuve, Germ)

Deleted
    one more trinket question:

870 Chrono Shard
    875 Ethernal Urn
    885 Vial of Nightmare Fog

which two are best?