Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Your nodes are personal, no one else can see them but you.
    Not true, everyone sees the same nodes, except you can share looting them for maybe 15 seconds after the first loot.

I have played since 2008 on a daily basis and mostly play the game for high end pve content.

I am enjoying Legion more than any xpac since WotLK. I play on US-Sargeras and if the population has declined, it hasn't affected my server at all. There are actually more players and raiding guilds than there were last xpac. There's always something to do, mythic+ is fun, raids are good for opening raids, xmog and several other quality of life issues have been introduced or improved. They've even been going after, "the cheaters". Not sure what more people really want? Lol. Hats off to Blizzard so far. Content is finally coming out at a better rate, as well.

My only complaints would be the RNG of legendaries is completely brutal and it's not an alt friendly xpac at all, but it sounds like there are plans in place to improve that through AK.

So much negativity. Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Come back when you have the activity curve from wrath onwards. You will always see peaks when a new expansion hits. Then look at activity in relation to sub numbers. Example: 10m subs with 1m activity versus 5m subs with 0.5m activity is exactly the same proportional activity.
    Your wish is my command:

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    there's a few reasons for the drop off.

1. EN is old news now
    2. ToV is only 3 bosses
    3. it's ramping up to christmas, lots of people i know and play with have to take time away from game to sort out christmas shit, such as decorating, shopping, wrapping, going to organised christmas events and work socials.
    4. new raid in the new year, activity will ramp back up then
    5. lack of alt friendly content - unless you are pretty hardcore, you're probably not bothering with alts until the AP catch systems are in game.

someone in the guild had a panic that the guild was going to fall apart after we were a couple people short of a raid group, which coincided with november payday weekend, work christmas parties and decorating of peoples houses and other stuff.

so yea, time of year + slowdown in content + unfavourable alt levelling = low player count this time of year.
    It is funny, we have seen the exact opposite.

A Server Which Shall Not be Named running a Game Which Shall Not Be Named which will open soon, has gotten abt 30,000 new accounts created in just a couple of days.

In fact, the demand is so huge, that the registration servers have gone down b/c they cannot cope with the demand!

I agree with you brother. There must be something wrong with the Christmas season. Sounds like it's broken.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is because of the content drought. People are done with the raids, they want the real raid now. People are done with the 5 mans, they want new 5 mans. The game is basically boring.

It's awesome that you have cleared all raid content!!! Can you please link your armory with that Mythic Helena achievement!?
    Last edited by Donimic; 2016-12-16 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Welcome to the daily gloom and doom thread.
    lol it is exactly that. I haven't checked the daily legendary thread yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

A Server Which Shall Not be Named running a Game Which Shall Not Be Named which will open soon, has gotten abt 30,000 new accounts created in just a couple of days.

In fact, the demand is so huge, that the registration servers have gone down b/c they cannot cope with the demand!

I agree with you brother. There must be something wrong with the Christmas season. Sounds like it's broken.
    so, there's a dropoff because everyone is running back to nostalrius? as that's what you are implying

uh... sure, ok.... if you say so
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    yet I still have shitloads to do. Pushing higher M+, Raiding TOV, grinding Legendaries, new Suramar Quest weekly, grinding AP and leveling my weapon.
    You had so much to do in WoD. Pushing faster CM, Raiding HM/BRF, grinding apexis, new garrison campaign quest weekly, fighting in Ashran and grinding legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

Because if there is one thing we can trust is numbers from an unaccountable "company" hosted in Laos or somewhere.

Also 30k is not a lot of people, wow term speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Because if there is one thing we can trust is numbers from an unaccountable "company" hosted in Laos or somewhere.

Also 30k is not a lot of people, wow term speaking.
    While you are right, I believe the point is that the "people aren't playing cause christmas" excuse is terrible.

Blizz keeps tinkering with what was a great game and making the game less and less of what players really want. We think we know (Brackhole) what we want. We wanted Vanilla. What you are seeing now is 2 fold. You are seeing a decline in the player base due to the game not delivering in soooo many ways. Second you are seeing a mass exodus to Vanillawith the reopening of private vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Second you are seeing a mass exodus to Vanillawith the reopening of private vanilla servers.
    I don't think we're seeing that, but if we are, it's cause for serious legal action. Blizzard could go after those people for all the lost revenue plus penalties. It could even rise to the level of criminal copyright infringement, in which case the US government could go for extradition.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard could go after those people for all the lost revenue plus penalties.
    But everyone claims that making Vanilla servers is a money loss for Blizz, what is the lost revenue you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    But everyone claims that making Vanilla servers is a money loss for Blizz, what is the lost revenue you are talking about?
    The money these players are not sending to Blizzard to play actual WoW when they have moved off to the illegal servers. I mean, we have people in this thread claiming Blizzard's loss of business (and associated revenue) is directly caused by the pirates.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    We wanted Vanilla.
    I didn't. And I know a lot who also don't want anything that resembles Vanilla.

It's just the natural cycle of games these days. People have less attention span now more than ever. The subs will explode again when Nighthold comes out.

Blizz keeps tinkering with what was a great game and making the game less and less of what players really want. We think we know (Brackhole) what we want. We wanted Vanilla. What you are seeing now is 2 fold. You are seeing a decline in the player base due to the game not delivering in soooo many ways. Second you are seeing a mass exodus to Vanillawith the reopening of private vanilla servers.
    Ah, this circle jerk argument again. Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ah, this circle jerk argument again. Neat.
    Translation: I can not defend my position.

Why would anybody want to defend a position against somebody who is so stark-raving mad they actually think private realms have an impact on retail subscriber levels?

Actual translation: Don't really wanna take out the time of my day because A. None of you ever listen, B. You have your own preference, and C. You all seem to live off your own fumes of nostalgia and have to insult the current game rather than enjoying what you enjoy and letting other plays who have likewise played since the beginning enjoy the current retail incarnation.

Sometimes not wanting to respond to avoid the pettiness of it when I already know no reason nor logical basis I could give you will make you actually listen or take in another perspective is the high ground.

:~)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why would anybody want to defend a position against somebody who is so stark-raving mad they actually think private realms have an impact on retail subscriber levels?
    Because they need to be right for validation otherwise they question whether they're wrong and their taste isn't the "best choice" for everyone.

Doesn't impact me either way I'm enjoying the shit out of Legion still. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgit View Post
    I've noticed alot of friends not doing PVP; random BGs especially, cos they are so unrewarding
    And what do you expect from a Random BG? 880?