Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    That is hard for people who enjoy food. Not impossible, but def NOT fun.
    Uh, no. I enjoy food but that doesn't mean I have to eat several plates when I eat something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    Same amount of effort will put you as slightly overweight if you have problems with maintaining weight, you won't be fat. This trend of people being so fat that they have troubles fitting through doorways and so on is a recent thing caused by a sedentary lifestyle with too much food intake relative to your activity level.

We should see far more fat people than we do if it wasn't caused by lifestyle. Both present and historically.
    We would also experience far fewer opinions and people missing a point in their rush to post a nutrition intake to exercise ratio thesis if it wasn't for lifestyle choices.

Uh, no. I enjoy food but that doesn't mean I have to eat several plates when I eat something.
    Then you don't enjoy food like some people do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Reasonable? Yes.

Likely? No.

Because larger seats reduce number of seats, and profit comes before fat people.
    Because it's a business, and the business has costs that need to be paid. It's not a charity organization, profits keep businesses running and the planes flying.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    yes, it can happen. my 4foot chica friend is fat for her size but she is still smaller in space then "the rock"
    You're making my point for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    profit comes before fat people.
    O brave new world!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

That is hard for people who enjoy food and don't enjoy "working out". Not impossible, but def NOT fun.
    This is not a valid argument for being fat. I enjoy food, it's called self control or portioning. Control what you eat. I've watched an overweight friend order, then sit down and eat an entire pizza and order of wings, then go I shouldn't really have eaten all that. No one is making anyone over eat, I didn't buy him the pizza/wings then force him to eat it, that was his choice.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Then you don't enjoy food like some people do.
    Enjoying food doesn't equal to gluttony.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    That said, I have experienced once where an airline gave my extra seat to someone who was on standby and didn't refund my purchase price for the seat: instead they gave me a voucher for a future flight which in order to use means I'd still have to purchase an extra seat. That kind of bullshit doesn't sit well with me at all.
    Good for you and I agree 100%. At a minimum they should have asked you if it was OK. With maybe the exception that the standby person had a respectable emergency and needed to get to location X and not just "I want to get home early" I really don't understand how they are allowed to give away your seat without your consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    This is not a valid argument for being fat. I enjoy food, it's called self control or portioning. Control what you eat. I've watched an overweight friend order, then sit down and eat an entire pizza and order of wings, then go I shouldn't really have eaten all that. No one is making anyone over eat.
    I wasn't making an argument for being fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoying food doesn't equal to gluttony.
    You wouldn't know, you don't eat because you enjoy it. You eat until you decide you are done.

Weight is subjective. Besides, humans are growing taller and bigger as nutrition becomes better. The airlines should just build their jets with larger/more comfortable seats and tack on the costs to the ticket.

I wasn't making an argument for being fat.

- - - Updated - - -

You wouldn't know, you don't eat because you enjoy it. You eat until you decide you are done.
    You're making excuses for it.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

No, I eat until I feel full. Not until I decide that I am done. I can't eat more at that point without throwing up.

Airlines chose to make seats too small. They're the ones who should shoulder the burden of blame from all the whiny assholes, not a large portion of the population who had fuck-all to do with the situation.

And no, forcing people to buy two seats for being bigger than you is neither just nor fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    You're making excuses for it.
    Nope, nothing I said was an excuse. Simply truth.

I don't think fat shaming is acceptable, but at the same time there is a pretty obvious solution to their issue. Yes, plane seats are ridiculously small, and they are terrible even for normal size people. It must be hellish for larger folks.

I have flown beside some plus-size people who were grossly overflowing their seats (having refused to get the extra seat), and several of them had forgotten to bathe, or even wipe their privates after the washroom, making close-up nonconsensual cuddling even worse than you'd think.

No, I eat until I feel full. Not until I decide that I am done. I can't eat more at that point without throwing up.
    You decide you are done when you feel full. I eat until I don't enjoy it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Then get off your lazy ass and stop being fat.
    This, at least tall people have a valid point (you can't un-tall yourself, you can un-fat yourself, it's called "losing weight"), since space in tourist flights is small and non-tourist is quite pricy, this is annoying for businessmen who are tall and have to travel in tourist.

Nope, nothing I said was an excuse. Simply truth.
    Saying people are fat because they enjoy food, is like saying people are addicted to drugs because they enjoy drugs. You're making an excuse for their problem. I enjoy food, I enjoy eating food. I can control my portions and know when to say no, rather than over eat because no one is telling me no. Have self control of your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You decide you are done when you feel full. I eat until I don't enjoy it anymore.
    I eat until my plate is cleared. However I only give myself a portion I feel is considerate, and is enough for me to no longer be hungry. Being full to the point of feeling sluggish feels like it defeats the purpose of re-energizing with food.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.