Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    its real funny how all these stories suddenly end up being fake

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If this keeps happening, eventually real victims may not be believed.
    Eventually?

Is this not happening already, seeing peoples comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    Eventually?

Is this not happening already, seeing peoples comments?
    When this report, and the thousands like it, came out after the results of the election, I found it incredibly suspicious.

My friends all ate that shit up, citing all of these "hate crimes" as evidence that we still live in an x-ist bigoted society that hates X. Just hates them.

And then one by one, these reports turned out to be fake. Not one or two: but most, if not all.

Because lets be fucking honest here: if you were the type of person that would commit a hate crime, the current president-elect wouldn't really factor into your decision.

"Oh, I'm a privileged white male and I want to threaten this hijab-wearing muslim woman but since a 90 lb frail old lady is president now I better behave."

This makes about as much sense as:

"Wooo I'm a privileged white male trump voter and I can threaten this hijab-wearing muslim woman because Trump is president and this is legal now."

Victims of real hate crimes go to the police; they don't take selfies and post things to social media because that always complicates the process. The first thing the police will tell you to do is preserve all evidence related to the crime so that it can be investigated. They explicitly tell you not to publicize any of that information or give out additional details which could occlude the process of justice. The fact that I hear about a "hate crime" from the victim and not the authorities is reason alone to dismiss it as fake. It's immediately obvious that it was done for attention, otherwise they would be interested in actually investigating the crime and doing something proactive to stop the perpetuation of this type of violence.

We've seen these types of people cry wolf in the past, and the credibility of victimhood is all but worthless now. Prove your claims, and justice will be done; or else be seen for the liar you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    You can criticize a group for being against basic human rights - Christianity goes against it as well if you read the bible - but that isn't what I was arguing. Stay on topic.
    So what were you arguing? It sure sounds like if someone is not apart of a group, they aren't allowed to criticize it, which is completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38328242

Another fake story bites the dust
    This is why I don't take any of the media's "hate crimes on the rise" attacks seriously. Their have been so many fake story's out there. We've seen video of black girls attacking white people on a bus and then calling the police later claiming they were attacked and called "niggers" when the CAMERA on the bus shows the exact opposite happening. Liberals are hard at work right now....making shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it became a culture thing for her to purposely blame Trump supporters
    It's a very believable story though sp it makes sense to use it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So what were you arguing? It sure sounds like if someone is not apart of a group, they aren't allowed to criticize it, which is completely false.
    I was pointing out the problem in that in saying calling someone a pig is more offensive than remove your hijab. It's his/her opinion, but he stated it as fact. Not to mention that the high likelihood him/her is not muslim means they are much more biased to think calling someone a pig is more offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    le argument fallacy.

Your original post demonstrates an understanding of Islam consistent with the average tumblr user. Ergo, you should go there and talk to people that will tolerate your idiocy, because here, muslims are not your shield, and Islam is not above criticism.
    I'd really like you to point out specifically how my understanding of Islam is flawed from my original post. His statement was clearly ethnocentric in nature. Also, prove me wrong that the hijab isn't important in Islam. Millions of Islamic women wear it. Or is it just simply an arabic fashion statement?
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2016-12-16 at 09:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If this keeps happening, eventually real victims may not be believed.
    thats the scary part - for all we know its happened before!

Also, prove me wrong that the hijab isn't important in Islam.
    The fact that it's not worn by every woman in all muslim countries should be enough. There is nothing that requires you to wear a hijab in Islam.

The fact that it's not worn by every woman in all muslim countries should be enough. There is nothing that requires you to wear a hijab in Islam.
    Ding ding ding.

I was pointing out the problem in that in saying calling someone a pig is more offensive than remove your hijab. It's his/her opinion, but he stated it as fact. Not to mention that the high likelihood him/her is not muslim means they are much more biased to think calling someone a pig is more offensive.
    When a muslim calls someone a pig it's pretty telling what they think of the one they call a pig. You do know what muslims think of pigs, right?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hijab is important in Islam in the sense of modesty and religious identity being important. It's become a statement of religion. To say remove your hijab is like saying take off that cross around your neck. It's important to Islam in that same way.

The hijab is important in Islam in the sense of modesty and religious identity being important. I didn't mean literally the hijab. To say remove your hijab is like saying take off that cross around your neck. It's important to Islam in that same way.
    No, telling someone to take off the hijab is akin to telling someone to take off another set of their clothes. You don't tell people to take off something they're wearing just because you don't like it. That's why it's bad. Not because it's a religious symbol.

I'd be just as offended if someone told me to take off my hat if there's no reason for me to do so as when someone tells a muslim woman to take their hijab off if there's no reason for them to do so. They don't get to tell people what they should wear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When a muslim calls someone a pig it's pretty telling what they think of the one they call a pig. You do know what muslims think of pigs, right?
    I thought of this yes, but I think Americans calling another person a disgusting pig means basically the same thing to me.

They should punish her like they would in Saudi Arabia so we can show everyone how tolerant we are

Dennu is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I mean how this is news-worthy.
    It's newsworthy in the sense that the media was promoting these stories of "rise of hate crimes following Trump victory", when in reality they were all fake. The accounts read like bad fan fiction.

http://www.wisn.com/article/waukesha...mp-hat/8291057

A woman walking her dogs is assaulted by a man wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat. He pushes her down and tries to kick her dogs while yelling "it's time to put you back in your place woman."

I mean come on. They are not even good fake stories.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty surr hijab is mentioned in Quran? And I don't mean just what it is, but how and when to use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I mean how this is news-worthy.
    How is anything "news-worthy"?

Her mind disease is showing . Know this, muslims are always oppressed when they are few, they dont care about anyone else when they are a lot.