Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    800 - 1000 g for A flask is a fucking joke. You people have not allowed the price to fall naturally, you have been greedy gold makers. Every time reset rolls around, oh look flasks are back up to 1000g becuase you know that we all need them for raids. It's just sly. So to the undercutters carry on doing your thing please.

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    800 - 1000 g for A flask is a fucking joke. You people have not allowed the price to fall naturally, you have been greedy gold makers. Every time reset rolls around, oh look flasks are back up to 1000g becuase you know that we all need them for raids. It's just sly. So to the undercutters carry on doing your thing please.
    Selling flasks is a losing business if you're not rank 3 alchemy on most servers. Many people sold it at a loss already

Go blame Blizzard for insane flask prices.

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    you are free to take herbalism+alchemy combo and have flasks for 0 gold just effort of collecting herbs.

if you are lazy dont blame us for making gold on your laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Or you undercut some products by large margins to drop the general price down. Then buy everything later for yourself. There's just such a high quantity of stuff on most realms, it's a lot tougher than earlier in the days.
    It's actually very easy, there are like 200 obliterum on the AH in my realm, that's about 350k gold to buy all of them.
    Of course, if you're going to do this, you have to buy also the mats people use to craft them so you bring up the price there as well. Also you will need to be able to sustain it for a day or two so you buy all of the new obliterum below the price and mats. Maybe about 500k gold to do it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-12-17 at 09:27 AM.

IMO also 1 copper undercuts are hurting the economy. Why? Because 1 copper is practicly nothing, it's not a real undercut, it's only a trick to get your item listed to the top. Economy should be based on price differencies, but in this case it's mostly based on who has more time to sit on AH to relist stuff.

But part of the blame goes to the old AH system, and add-ons and mobile AH which automaticly undercut by 1c. I think we could have more healthy and fair economy if the minimum allowed undercut would be something like 0.1% of the price. Anything less than that should have the exact same price and results sorted in random order to make it fair.

If I sell shit it's because I want it gone asap so yes I may price it a few hundred gold less than the others. I couldn't care less about "the goblins" who play the AH all day like it's another game, it's not my responsibility to keep prices high or low. I just want to sell my stuff ASAP that I farmed or collected from drops.

Deleted
    I have better things to do than spend all day re-listing items for one copper lower than the other guy. The market works based upon supply and demand, and when there are more items listed than buyers that means prices should fall. Instead of price-fixing (which is illegal in real life, in case you ever go into business in the real world), listing an item for a discount reflects the lower demand for those items. If you have a problem with it buy out the item and sell for profit - this should be obvious to any skilled trader. Rather than being pissy you should be grateful at the chance to make more gold, of course if you don't think you will be able to make a profit then you already know the item isn't worth what you're charging.

As an aside, as I buyer I only buy items that are listed at the original price, I don't buy from people that undercut by one copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    If I sell shit it's because I want it gone asap so yes I may price it a few hundred gold less than the others. I couldn't care less about "the goblins" who play the AH all day like it's another game, it's not my responsibility to keep prices high or low. I just want to sell my stuff ASAP that I farmed or collected from drops.
    The real goblins love players like you. You provide a product at a reduced cost that they can purchase and turn around and resell at a profit with zero real effort on their part.

The goblins are irritated by the mild undercutters, but they tend to migrate out of markets that are being glutted with tons of suppliers and into markets that aren't as popular. So, while they might be putting in 'some' effort to sell flasks, most of them are simply preparing for 7.1.5 and the release of NH. When NH comes out, the market for things like Tomes and Flasks are going to dry up as a ton of people get ready to progress into the new raid content.

I'm no goblin, myself, but I've stashed away a sizable chunk of herbs and Tomes and Flasks for when everyone jumps into NH content.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I dont get it. Please is there anyone who can explain this to me?

As buyer: When i need something and go to AH i will buy the most cheap version of that item. I dont care if it cost 1750G or 1700G. Will buy the cheapest one.
    I belive everyone will do that, you need that item afterall.

As seller: I go to AH and undercut the lowest price by 1 copper. Anyone who will want to buy that item will buy the one i put there. He doesnt care if it is 7G or 6G 99S 99C. This will max my profit for selling it.

So why there are people who cant undrerstan this. If you undrcut more then 1% of price not only you are damaging economy but also you dont get so much money as you could have. Just why?? And if there is something for absurd price noone will buy it and price will go down in time.

Its like if you have 2 piles of gold infront of you and there is 1000G and 950G and you have to choose one. Who would choose the one with 950G?? Its same principle.
    A free market works like this: If I want to, I will give you Item X for free. I don´t care if others are charging you and what they are charging. Why I do this? Cause I am not regulated and I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.