Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you do not understand how interrupts work. Getting Chaos locked is equal to getting Fire and Shadow locked together in our case, meaning you won't be able to cast Shadowburn now either.
    That's the point buddy. Shadowburn on live, offers you a way to dps if locked from Chaos Bolt (I should have made my argument clearer from the beginning that's this is all about Chaos bolt and shadowburn, so never mind other spells).

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    That's the point buddy. Shadowburn on live, offers you a way to dps if locked from Chaos Bolt (I should have made my argument clearer from the beginning that's this is all about Chaos bolt and shadowburn, so never mind other spells).
    It doesn't, though. If you get Chaos locked you cannot cast Shadowburn.

e: Just so that we're all clear, this is what happens when you get Chaos Bolt locked on live servers, as of about ten minutes ago:
    Last edited by bio347; 2016-12-18 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    It doesn't, though. If you get Chaos locked you cannot cast Shadowburn.

e: Just so that we're all clear, this is what happens when you get Chaos Bolt locked on live servers, as of about ten minutes ago:
    My bad, it's getting late. Talent has 0 use anyway in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    WoW, you dropped 2269 int and 700 mastery to get 708 crit and 657 haste. hell, i'll humor you and accept you socketed a 200int gem on sephuz, so you replaced 2069 int and 700 mastery for 708 crit and 857 haste (a +200 haste ench). I dont need to sim this to say "rofl". And i don't even factor stamina in there (survivability).
    I only lost 300 int, as the replacement pants are 890 and also have crit haste on them. Plus the ring procs quite often in raids. Don't assume you know my gear, you can check my armory too.
    Last edited by Pokeypenguin; 2016-12-19 at 05:06 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Obviously i compared the items i had info about. Procs often on raids? When and how? that would be useful info to have.

Obviously i compared the items i had info about. Procs often on raids? When and how? that would be useful info to have.
    Oh, well a surprising amount of fights have adds you can stun. The pants and ring sim the same as stat sticks, but I wanted to give the ring a try to see if the haste proc was more useful then the shitty blink. Overall I found I don't really miss the portal but there are a ton of ads I can stun for a large amount of haste. I am still getting used to looking out for ads to stun during encounters, but as I get more used to it the up time keeps increasing.

Fights I can proc the ring on.
    - Nyth
    - Ilgoth
    - Dragons
    - Cenarius
    - Xavius
    - Odyn
    - Helya

The ring isen't amazing, but I do feel its better then the destro ring, portal pants, shield neck and possibly the boots.
    Last edited by Pokeypenguin; 2016-12-20 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeypenguin View Post
    Oh, well a surprising amount of fights have adds you can stun. The pants and ring sim the same as stat sticks, but I wanted to give the ring a try to see if the haste proc was more useful then the shitty blink. Overall I found I don't really miss the portal but there are a ton of ads I can stun for a large amount of haste. I am still getting used to looking out for ads to stun during encounters, but as I get more used to it the up time keeps increasing.

- Nyth
    - Ilgoth
    - Ele (I think, I dont have buff on logs but I think I just forgot to stun spiders)
    - Dragons
    - Cenarius
    - Xavius
    - Odyn
    - Helya
    Sorry, you can't stun spiders on Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Sorry, you can't stun spiders on Ele.
    Figured. /10

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

- Nyth
    - Ilgoth
    - Dragons
    - Cenarius
    - Xavius
    - Odyn
    - Helya

The ring isen't amazing, but I do feel its better then the destro ring, portal pants, shield neck and possibly the boots.
    The whole matter is HOW? I know the Meteor Strike from the Supremacy Infernal procs it 100%, but it's 1 min cd and it's suboptimal to pet twist for that proc (or even use permanent Infernal). I'm unaware of any other method of proccing it in raids. Fear, pvp conflag root, shadowfury procs it in open world reliantly. In raids though?

The whole matter is HOW? I know the Meteor Strike from the Supremacy Infernal procs it 100%, but it's 1 min cd and it's suboptimal to pet twist for that proc (or even use permanent Infernal). I'm unaware of any other method of proccing it in raids. Fear, pvp conflag root, shadowfury procs it in open world reliantly. In raids though?
    Oh, I use shadowfury, I was already running it on every fight anyway as I don't like to constantly pay for re spec and I can't hearth to Dalaran to switch specs due to 10 min load timers. Its nice because fury CD is 30 sec so every times its up I know I can get haste again.

The only fight I might switch and get circle on is Guarm. Otherwise I don't find it particularity useful.
    Last edited by Pokeypenguin; 2016-12-20 at 04:53 PM.

Oh, well a surprising amount of fights have adds you can stun.
    I imagine the issue isn't so much having something to CC, as opposed to it being worth the GCD. A 15% haste proc for all of 10 seconds isn't worth the dmg lost from casting shadowfury, at 25% it'll prolly break even but not be a damage boost. The ring is intended for you to be CCing the target regardless, and getting rewarded when you do.

Demo can proc it with axe toss, aff / gosup with interrupt or stun, outside of that its not really much of a dmg increase unless you were gonna cc the thing in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nyth: Stun MC'ed ppl? It might kill them.
    Ilgynoth: Stun Bloods? Proc where it doesn't matter.
    Dragons: Probably useful, but is the gcd and cast time worth it in the long run?
    Cenarius: Which adds are stunnable? Dryads, Dragons, Wisps, Ancient?
    Xavius: Works on every kind of add?
    Odyn: Obviously only on Rune adds.
    Helya: Does it work on Mariner? on last phase adds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I imagine the issue isn't so much having something to CC, as opposed to it being worth the GCD. A 15% haste proc for all of 10 seconds isn't worth the dmg lost from casting shadowfury, at 25% it'll prolly break even but not be a damage boost. The ring is intended for you to be CCing the target regardless, and getting rewarded when you do.

Demo can proc it with axe toss, aff / gosup with interrupt or stun, outside of that its not really much of a dmg increase unless you were gonna cc the thing in the first place.
    Lol. 25% haste for 10 seconds for one GCD is definitely a DPS increase and it is not even debatable

Nyth: Stun MC'ed ppl? It might kill them.
    Ilgynoth: Stun Bloods? Proc where it doesn't matter.
    Dragons: Probably useful, but is the gcd and cast time worth it in the long run?
    Cenarius: Which adds are stunnable? Dryads, Dragons, Wisps, Ancient?
    Xavius: Works on every kind of add?
    Odyn: Obviously only on Rune adds.
    Helya: Does it work on Mariner? on last phase adds?
    - in this case id probably fear. Or just kill a dude who cares its just nyth.
    - there are only a small fraction of a small number of fights where "DPS matters" so why even bring this up. Its still a dps increase.
    - Yes, I find the GCD to be well worth it.
    - Wisps
    - Works on ads that walk slow from the outer ring, particularly useful here.
    - Yes, rune ads
    - Works on little garbage dudes

Not sure why you are so set on arguing with me, my dps went up across the board when all I changed was pants for ring, especially on fights where I could use stun. Again i'm not saying its a super amazing berry, but its better then the legs. Even if I never procced it, still sims slightly higer.
    Last edited by Pokeypenguin; 2016-12-20 at 05:27 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're exaggerating if your dps went up across the board with Sephuz on raids. But i don't want to argue here, at all. I merely disagree.

You're exaggerating if your dps went up across the board with Sephuz on raids. But i don't want to argue here, at all. I merely disagree.
    Even if you only get 1 proc per fight, his dmg is higher across the board compared to a normal ring in that slot.
    But, well, that goes for every legendary, except the utility ones.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2016-12-20 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Even if you only get 1 proc per fight, his dmg is higher across the board compared to a normal ring in that slot.
    normal rings can't be 910 atm

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    normal rings can't be 910 atm
    Yeah but it's more about "activating and using the possibility" than "just having the item"

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Yeah but it's more about "activating and using the possibility" than "just having the item"
    You know that there's ring with 5% dmg use effect from Arcway and instant damage one from Kara right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    You know that there's ring with 5% dmg use effect from Arcway and instant damage one from Kara right?
    That's true, and I'm not saying that Sephuz is a "omg always bis" item, but especially when you can activate it constantly with Shadowfury, which has the same cooldown as Sephuz, it's good, it WILL be better in 7.1.5., very good in M+.

And there will be more ways to activate it in 7.1.5, like using your dog's counter as Aff or dispelling yourself with your imp as Destro.
    Items which give a constant bonus will be better for raids, items that give big boost for a short time will be better in M+.

Right now, i would trade my Pyrogenics for Sephuz anytime, especially in 7.1.5 (god damn i hate that RoF ring...)

But i have no reason to be mad, because that one time i got a Demo legy, i got Spite