Deleted
    A couple thousand players?

You talking about a Blizzard game, game PUBLICITY by Blizzard, that buy the press to talk A LOT and GOOD about the products...and only a couple thousand players?

Even if the game is a crap (Diablo 3 at launch OMG), it's Blizzard, they buy press to sell the product A LOT to the public, so i'm pretty sure that if Blizzard at some point decide to do classic wow servers, are not for a couple of thousand people.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    I think you should be more worried about installing software from a questionable company on your machine than losing a level 60 character.
    That's what burner rigs are for.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

if you can show blizzard classic servers will make them money, then they may change their mind.
    That means look up the cost of everything.
    Then figure out how much people have to pay and how many people will play with it.
    Start with the number from the petition.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yes, yes. Please, please play Retail. Please play retail and do NOT play on that WHICH SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

Legion is a great game. Please play it.

Yesterday we had 6000 people in queue and about 20000 people online.

For the love of God, play retail.
    You really need to get a life...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    if you can show blizzard classic servers will make them money, then they may change their mind.
    Then figure out how much people have to pay and how many people will play with it.
    The "other game providers" try that for months after the meeting, sending a lot of info to Blizzard and Blizzard never respond.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    The "other game providers" try that for months after the meeting, sending a lot of info to Blizzard and Blizzard never respond.

So...
    It's pretty obvious what Blizzard's plan is.
    They're going for maximum player exhaustion with minimal effort and cost, by waiting for enough players to level to 60 before they shut a server down, that fewer and fewer players bother trying again.
    Doing nothing with the information they got from that meeting is all part of the plan to do as little as possible themselves and wait for the private servers to dig their own graves.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't refeer to that, i mint customer service.
    ah, well customer service is supposed to be a fast-track career option at blizzard, so they shouldn't have any trouble with that.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It's pretty obvious what Blizzard's plan is.
    They're going for maximum player exhaustion with minimal effort and cost, by waiting for enough players to level to 60 before they shut a server down, that fewer and fewer players bother trying again.
    Doing nothing with the information they got from that meeting is all part of the plan to do as little as possible themselves and wait for the private servers to dig their own graves.
    I think the only way to shut it down this time is by releasing legacy themselves, i maybe wrong, time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fun part is for a poster on this forum to make any affirmative claim in response to you will offer an almost unending number of ways to dispute the claim, because only blizzard/netease know what might be actual demand, cost to implement, projected revenue, etc.

However, this is not nearly as sharp as asking someone if they would pay to play on legacy servers then switching the focus when they say yes. I don't think folks will fall for this one.

I can come up with some other bait & switch 'questions' you might be able to use if you are interested.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Monalisa isn't even here anymore... Why did they drop moderation - they were 90% of GD and almost all in this thread...

so it's cool to say that I hate all these new servers who called themselves nos v2 because the lag is terrible?

I'm enjoying the hell out of the server so far, forgot how difficult caster mobs could be!

Enjoying the difficulty and community feel around the game, will probably end up on the fresh start server when that gets made though

This argument has been beaten to death mutliple times and you still bring it up thinking you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

A couple thousand players?

You talking about a Blizzard game, game PUBLICITY by Blizzard, that buy the press to talk A LOT and GOOD about the products...and only a couple thousand players?

Even if the game is a crap (Diablo 3 at launch OMG), it's Blizzard, they buy press to sell the product A LOT to the public, so i'm pretty sure that if Blizzard at some point decide to do classic wow servers, are not for a couple of thousand people.
    While I'm sure there'd be a spike, Blizzard will want to push as many players into live over legacy any day, their marketing will reflect that

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the fun part is for a poster on this forum to make any affirmative claim in response to you will offer an almost unending number of ways to dispute the claim, because only blizzard/netease know what might be actual demand, cost to implement, projected revenue, etc.

However, this is not nearly as sharp as asking someone if they would pay to play on legacy servers then switching the focus when they say yes. I don't think folks will fall for this one.

I can come up with some other bait & switch 'questions' you might be able to use if you are interested.
    What the hell are you even talking about?

I got my answer from the question i ask. Then i moved on to something different. No hidden agenda.

Its simple show them its profitable and then release its going to take atleast a year for blizzard to set things up to their standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you pay $40-50(or whatever the European version is) dollars and a $15-20 sub fee after that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    For vanilla? Hell yes
    Some may and some may not.
    There has to be enough people willing to pay for classic servers make a profit for blizzard.
    As of right now blizzard doesn't see a profit.
    Lol Edison, you fell for it. If you had said 'no,' it would have been found supportive of Zanjin premise, and it would not have been pointed out that others might pay. Since you said yes, it is pointed out that others may not pay, and then a blizzard profit disclaimer (which wasn't the question anyway). Didn't you see this coming?

What the hell are you even talking about?

I got my answer from the question i ask. Then i moved on to something different. No hidden agenda.

Its simple show them its profitable and then release its going to take atleast a year for blizzard to set things up to their standards.
    I believe a review of the post history I was replying to is self-explanatory to others, whether they agree or not.

Keep thinking there is an agenda.
    Whatever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The truly hilarious thing about it is that while there are people in this thread blaming Blizzard, of all people, for the attacks, it's very likely to be the developers of another private server who are doing it.
    While in truth the new serber just can han dle more then 5k people thus feels like being ddosed when 20k of people try to log in at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    it [Mop] wasn't a kiddy theme, it was a theme directed to a Chinese audience; you can blame Blizzard marketing for that.
    it was but neither of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'm enjoying the hell out of the server so far, forgot how difficult caster mobs could be!

Enjoying the difficulty and community feel around the game, will probably end up on the fresh start server when that gets made though
    I totally forgot how difficult the quest to take out the Venture Co's leader was in Mulgore at level 6ish. People were yelling to do groups to survive in that mine.
    Nothing like that in today's WoW.. at any level..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Beyond that, what price can you put on account security.
    But there was no account security in vanilla that was implementend with tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yesterday we had 6000 people in queue and about 20000 people online.
    And the proof for that claim is where? apart from the ddos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    People playing a free version is not proof of a valid market.

I'm sure some people would pay, the probably bigger question is how many would still be in 2 years time.
    People pirating music online shows that there is no money in creating music.

/sarcasm