Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And the proof for that claim is where? apart from the ddos?
    Seek and you shall find.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Seek and you shall find.
    I don't understand why people trust numbers published by shady companies.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    People pirating music online shows that there is no money in creating music.

/sarcasm
    Would be a valid comparison if piraters were the entire market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere at Blizzard headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Somewhere at Blizzard headquarters.

Maybe use an image that actually makes sense from an English/Grammatical standpoint if you want to make an argument. "Its being in done in a garage" and "What can do about this?" just make your statement seem stupid.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Maybe use an image that actually makes sense from an English/Grammatical standpoint if you want to make an argument. "Its being in done in a garage" and "What can do about this?" just make your statement seem stupid.
    C'mon.............. (well, I laughed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Can't expect me to proof read everything. Plus I just came back from 28F temp fixing a differential. Cold make me not think too good.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Better numbers from shady companies than numbers kept from you by legitimate ones.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Seek and you shall find.
    We shouldn't be the ones to do the legwork for you. You made the claim, then you present the evidence. Basic logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    the irony here is there are no longer any legit numbers for wow, neither subs nor revenue.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty torn on this. I really want to play a legacy Vanilla or BC server but I don't agree with the current state of private servers (stealing IP from Blizzard).

I hope that Blizz clues in and makes legacy content available to subscribe to. I see each expansion and Vanilla as an individual game (like WC3, Starcraft, Diablo 2, etc) that should be preserved and available to play. I'm not down with Legion anymore (was fun for a couple months) and really want to play WoW like I remember it 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the irony here is there are no longer any legit numbers for wow, neither subs nor revenue.
    And so what? They never had to tell us in the first place. That was courtesy. Also the earnings call each quarter still usually says their revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    But that's not irony.

It is also not unusual for major corporations to not report revenue/margins of its individual products. Less information for any potential competitors and all investors really cared about was company's total revenue/margin and outlooks anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's not irony.

It is also not unusual for major corporations to not report revenue/margins of its individual products. Less information for any potential competitors and all investors really cared about was company's total revenue/margin and outlooks anyway.

In general you are of course correct. The abberation here is that a/b broke out wow specifically in subs and revenue for almost the entire period from the merger to late last year. Wow continues to be nearly 20% of a/b revenue (and may still depending on revenue from King acquisition). Thus posters (such as myself) refer to a specific accounting and disclosure change in the company last year.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

WAs fun to be at work and actually clock-watch because I couldn't wait to get back home to play a video game Haven't had that since I got Fallout 4 last christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    WAs fun to be at work and actually clock-watch because I couldn't wait to get back home to play a video game Haven't had that since I got Fallout 4 last christmas
    I'm glad you're enjoying retail WoW, because you couldn't possibly be trying to circumvent the rules and taunt the moderators, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying retail WoW, because you couldn't possibly be trying to circumvent the rules and taunt the moderators, right? Right?
    It would be nice if mods would do something about the last 4-5 pages of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It would be nice if mods would do something about the last 4-5 pages of this thread.
    Yea it would be nice if they stopped making mmo-champ more of a laughing stock than it already is.

I mean major news outlets in several countries (BBC, t-online in Germany and others) are not shy to discuss the issue or ridiculous enough to censor parts of it.
    Other gaming-related sites are doing it.
    Retail streamers are discussing it (positively or negatively doesn't matter).
    Paying customers on official forums are discussing it.

Acti-Blizz themselves lent legitimacy to the whole idea (ops!) when they decided to give that crew the guided tour and take pictures with them (it wasn't a police line up with Mike Morhaime and Ion I hope?)

You were happy to express your glee tens of times when players loving legacy WoW lost the only option available to experience that content.
    Now it's back you're all "hey mr. moderator they're hurting my sensitivities"
    What a spineless coward ..

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Yea it would be nice if they stopped making mmo-champ more of a laughing stock than it already is.

I mean major news outlets in several countries (BBC, t-online in Germany and others) are not shy to discuss the issue or ridiculous enough to censor parts of it.
    Other gaming-related sites are doing it.
    Retail streamers are discussing it (positively or negatively doesn't matter).
    Paying customers on official forums are discussing it.

Acti-Blizz themselves lent legitimacy to the whole idea (ops!) when they decided to give that crew the guided tour and take pictures with them (it wasn't a police line up with Mike Morhaime and Ion I hope?)

You were happy to express your glee tens of times when players loving legacy WoW lost the only option available to experience that content.
    Now it's back you're all "hey mr. moderator they're hurting my sensitivities"
    What a spineless coward ..
    The personal attacks aside I want the discussion to not be about the goings on of something that is not allowed to be talked about and instead back to the topic and hand. If I wanted to talk about banned topics I'd go to a reddit or something else. I still don't think a small number of people playing illegally is 'proof' that the game would be a viable paid option for Blizz to pursue. And sorry that is a small number of people that want it.

Deleted
    How do you now the numbers, are you a magician or something?

U can't claim nothing as true unless you give evidence to that true, the same way i can't say that there is milions and milions of olders fans coming back, cause i don't know.

I can talk for me and some of my frieds that they want to come back, but i can't talk for toher people that i don't know.