Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation [Paladin VS Frost DK] - Do you love both like me? Details inside.

For different reasons, I am loving both specs PVP wise, but I still think that RET has more resources and has better chance to play against harder or counter matchup while DKS are hard countered against some specs in the game due to mechanics reasons. I also like to PVE as DK but I dont like much PVE as ret, somehow I can outdps my RET 10 ilvls lower on my DK. I even have the ring legendary on the ret.

What are ur thoughts, have u played both specs end game yet? What do you prefer? What is the best one to try 2ks+ rating on season 2?

But.. I am a rogue.

Ret ofc, same dmg much more def? Frost dks got nerfed recently the hype should be gone by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not PvP on Ret and PvE on DK?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ret only good now, historically FDK was much better in rated PVP than Rets.

Personally for 2s, id go with FDK. (my main is Ret)

Deleted
    They're both overpowered cancer so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vodakhun View Post
    they're both overpowered cancer so there's that.
    +1 tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    So u are saying wars are even more OP cancer ? Same goes for feral, ww since all of those 3 specs and dk being 4th have much higher rep. In high rated 3s than Rets. I don't get why ppl keep saying rest are 'op cancer' when we are not OP to be honest. Yes we are in a good spot, best since wrath but by no means OP

7+ Year Old Account
    Play ret, use your bubble and threeshot everyone no matter what they're using. xoxoxoxo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    So u are saying wars are even more OP cancer ? Same goes for feral, ww since all of those 3 specs and dk being 4th have much higher rep. In high rated 3s than Rets. I don't get why ppl keep saying rest are 'op cancer' when we are not OP to be honest. Yes we are in a good spot, best since wrath but by no means OP
    That's not true, ret was like the second best DPS spec after frost DK at the end of last season.

That's not true, ret was like the second best DPS spec after frost DK at the end of last season.
    When i checked a week ago 2.6k + US ladder using arena mate website, FDK were top, then WW + Ferals, then Arms, and only then Rets (melee speaking)

Deleted
    When i checked a week ago 2.6k + US ladder using arena mate website, FDK were top, then WW + Ferals, then Arms, and only then Rets (melee speaking)
    Top 5 dps specs were FDK, ret, WW, affliction and feral or something like that. I don't know why you would check specifically 2.6 and only US anyway. Also it's true that the other melees are op as well.

Top 5 dps specs were FDK, ret, WW, affliction and feral or something like that. I don't know why you would check specifically 2.6 and only US anyway. Also it's true that the other melees are op as well.
    I was looking for a "safe" glad cut off and while i was doing that, it gave me the class repr =). top specs over all ya, but i was looking at high end arena

10+ Year Old Account
    a frost mage complaining about ret is pretty rich

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    a frost mage complaining about ret is pretty rich
    Why can't I complain about them? Mages are pretty garbage right now, and stuff like PHD is so overpowered and counters my comp as well. Rets don't even have to think when to use their bubble anymore, it's retarded. Also removing CC for free every 25s, wtf?

Deleted
    Why can't I complain about them? Mages are pretty garbage right now, and stuff like PHD is so overpowered and counters my comp as well. Rets don't even have to think when to use their bubble anymore, it's retarded. Also removing CC for free every 25s, wtf?
    Ret is retarded currently yes but...
    You seriously complain about ret paladin as a frost mage? This is a joke right, frost mages are pure annoyance for the majority of melee specs including warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    its ironic that you complain about rets when the spec that you main counters ret in every way possible.

also, if you want to deal with bubbles just get a priest, mass dispell 2 good

Not sure where you're getting that. Currently the most represented DPS above 2300 are Rets and frost DK's. You absolutely are OP. You have unparalleled survivability, the best utility in PvP, offhealing capabilities, and insane burst damage. But by all means, believe that your class is balanced and that youre winning all of a sudden because your skill level shot through the roof overnight and not because your class is broken.

source: http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...lass_filter=12

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    its ironic that you complain about rets when the spec that you main counters ret in every way possible.

also, if you want to deal with bubbles just get a priest, mass dispell 2 good
    Bubble itself is not the problem. What I find ridiculous is that rets don't even have to think when to use it, it further turns the spec onto brainless mongos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble itself is not the problem. What I find ridiculous is that rets don't even have to think when to use it, it further turns the spec onto brainless mongos.
    You never had to, you usually used it near death, or if you were getting hard trained by you opponent

Quote Originally Posted by squeekinator View Post
    Not sure where you're getting that. Currently the most represented DPS above 2300 are Rets and frost DK's. You absolutely are OP. You have unparalleled survivability, the best utility in PvP, offhealing capabilities, and insane burst damage. But by all means, believe that your class is balanced and that youre winning all of a sudden because your skill level shot through the roof overnight and not because your class is broken.

source: http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...lass_filter=12
    If you read my post carefully i was talking about last season and 2.6kcr+ which was a safe glad cut off. Personally when i talk about PvP balance, i tend to refer to glad lvl game play, because ppl at that cr actually know their classes and can play to their maximum potential. For example, wars are easy win lets say around 2kcr, but when you are facing a glad cr war team, those wars are scary foe to face.

Our survivability consists of 1 bubble thats all, rest can be dispelled and does gets dispelled or SS/Purged the moment you use it, but only by good players, hence i dont consider 2.2k bracket when talking about class balance. Ppl still go for a Ret kill most of the time @ higher bracket, its a good example that Rets are far from having "unparralleled survivability"

Utility is good, but i wont call it the "best" but i guess its just a personal opinion, but Rets on par with Dks have the worst mobility in pvp, so we need utility.

Healing? we go oom after 4 casts, and no1 will let Ret hard cast while they train Ret, cuz of kick=dead.

Sir, if you are saying Rets are OP, then logically you are saying Ferals/FDKs/WW/Arms are MORE OP since they had higher % representation end of last season above 2.6k on US servers.

Every1 has insane burst dmg atm in game, and Ret is not even the highest burst spec atm, Enh/WW/Arms/Demo and list goes on.

It is cute that you believe that i rerolled Ret over night, I played Ret for almost 10 years, and I am Glad on my Ret from the past when Ret was not as good as it is now. Every season i actually participate i hit 2.4k+ no matter how good or how bad Ret was over the past 10 years, so my skill level does not change with class changed.

and when you say "your class is borken" it is purely ur opinion, i can say the same about BM/Enh/Lock and it would be my opinion too, based on most recent Blizzcon finals, but you do not see me jumping ppl whom i dont know saying their skill level is very little and they got carried by their class when i face them @ 2.5kcr + arena.

if you filter to 2.5kcr (Glad range) out of nowhere, Rets becomes only 4th most represented DPS on US, while FDK, Shadow, Feral above Rets.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=US&...lass_filter=12