Page 43 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You or can be like normal people and not "worry" about trivial crap like what some SJWs on twitter and tumblr have to say about you. If you like the game then play the game.
    It starts screwing with the games though. Like the Tracer Butt Bash that was removed. You start losing stuff in games because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    It starts screwing with the games though. Like the Tracer Butt Bash that was removed. You start losing stuff in games because of it.
    The pose? It was replaced with an even better pose that still shows off her ass so... take it as a "win" I guess.

Also as for the pose I'm not going to talk about it much because I can go on forever how that wasn't a SJW issue. It was entirely everybody on both sides of the "issue" entirely overreacting.

7+ Year Old Account
    we didnt lose shit.... it got replaced by a better pose which even shows her butt even more off.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    The butt thing was dumb, but how does this screw with the game? Does Tracer being gay impact her gameplay at all?

Pharah Mercy still headcanon.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It wont to the only people who think this shit is important.

Christ I could probably accurately predict their response:

"Tracer, the young, attractive, white, female character being the Lesbian only reinforces the stereotypes that Lesbians exist to be pleasing to men who want to watch female-on-female relationships." I'd bet anything something VERY close to that will be written about this "reveal."
    Why would this be important to you then? Blizzard seems to have handled it pretty well, aside of pointless "OH JUST YOU GUYS WAIT WE'VE GOT LGBT COMING" announcement; still, if such an announcement matters to the LGBT people, that's a good thing. Gotta say tho, it created a very politically incorrect game of "guess the less" for a while. My money was on Zarya, but yeah, too obvious.

Great comic tho. I just don't get what Hanzo is doing on his panel. Is he planning to steal the cake? Buy the cake? Eat the cake? Fondle the cake with his eyes? Why any of those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping it be Hanzo and Mcree, but eh, can't expect milestones. While blizzards only done this now, comic books and movies did it yeeeeears ago. And given the nature of this community sometimes I'd expect foaming at the mouth brats if they "where forced to endure gayness forced on there fav characters, hurrdurrr".

Still, baby steps. Won't expect it to be on the level of writing shows like Steven universe makes same sex characters.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    This is honestly absolutely amazing and as person in the LGBT group, I am extremely happy.

Why would this be important to you then?
    It's not. I'm preemptively laughing at the freakout that will happen, since literally every time Blizzard has "diversified" Overwatch, it was never to the amount, or not the "right" way, that the people who think this is important want.

I suppose the only thing I even care about remotely is the Overwatch team falling over itself constantly to pander to these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    People need to grow up and realize that there are people different from them and learn to respect them.
    I respect all people as long as they respect me and they do not judge when I puke while seeing two mans kissing. I have right to be disgusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I personally don't see how the sexual orientation of an Overwatch character is relevant. Can't we just leave it to personal interpretation. Why does this character or that character or have to be hetero/homo?
    Because we're not playing blocks of concrete, we're playing as people.
    #boycottchina

Honestly, I don't know a shooter just cant be a shooter. Its not an MMO. I don't know why developers feel the need to include any of this.

Its like Blizzard sits down and goes over a check list.

African American - Check
    Lesbian - Check
    Gay Guy - Check
    Non Hourglass Figured Female - Check
    Fat Guy - Check

Its sad that this is the world we live in. That we have to worry about SJW in our "escapes" from real life.
    Ehh, it's healthy for the game in my opinion. If you just want it to be a shooter, then just play the game. It's not like you have to watch Tracer making out with a girl in game. You have to actively be interested in the lore and story to even find this out. Hell, most people probably don't even know what Overwatch actually is (the organization, not the game).

But when you have an impressionable teenager whose struggling with identity or sexuality, knowing that someone like Tracer is out there, accepted, and adored can really help you identify with the character and become comfortable with who you are. That's really the point of inclusion and acceptance. Sure, I'll admit many on the fringe have taken it waaay to far. But when you have the choice between making an all white, male, cast for a shooter or make a diverse cast full of both sexes, many races, languages, nationalities, sexuality, and diversity. Which is better? Heck, at the very least, the latter gives the ability to include cool skins and make each hero look and feel different. Versus generic shooter 7, aka CoD

Inclusion can be quite healthy for the gaming community at large. And most stories barely even change when more identities are included. As an example, look at the people interpretting Hermione as a black in Harry Potter. It doesn't change or hurt anyone, and allows more people to feel included and accepted.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2016-12-20 at 07:46 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't know a shooter just cant be a shooter. Its not an MMO. I don't know why developers feel the need to include any of this.

Its like Blizzard sits down and goes over a check list.

African American - Check
    Lesbian - Check
    Gay Guy - Check
    Non Hourglass Figured Female - Check
    Fat Guy - Check

Its sad that this is the world we live in. That we have to worry about SJW in our "escapes" from real life.
    That is literally an accurate representation of what they do, and all people like them do. Identity politics is all that matters.

Also, like you said, it's a shooter. Like, dear god, who honestly wonders "is my character gay or not" while shooting people.

Imagine if people were like "There are no gay people in battlefield or call of duty > Those evil fcken bigots!"

Sad that is all their little worlds are.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Why can you judge two men kissing but people can't judge you for being disgusted? o.O
    I don't judge, it is just impulse. I cannot change that this is disgusting to me, just like they cannot change that they are gay.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I respect all people as long as they respect me and they do not judge when I puke while seeing two mans kissing. I have right to be disgusted.
    Yes, just like I have the right to laugh at your very obvious bigoted mindset and watch you cringe in a corner.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love all of the salt on the forums.

Did I miss the mean ole SJWs/diversity for diversity sake victimhood choo choo?

I wanted to send them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't judge, it is just impulse. I cannot change that this is disgusting to me, just like they cannot change that they are gay.
    And what if their impulse is being disgusted at your... disgust?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not to them. You have to full 100% embrace and love everything they do or else you are an evil wicked bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And what if their impulse is being disgusted at your... disgust?
    I would not blame them, vomit is not the greatest "substance" on earth. Many people would vomit themselves if they see someone vomit.