Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

Junkrat is bestest bae!
    Next you'll be telling me Mei is the prettiest female hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Next you'll be telling me Mei is the prettiest female hero!
    Even if I thought that, and I don't, I couldn't get past how much of a piece of shit asshole she is as a character in the game to ever admit that.

BUT DON'T YOU COME FOR MY JUNKRAT OR I'LL FITE YOU IRL.

I don't get it, why do people care? Just have the devs write a strong compelling character, who cares what its gender / race / sexual orientation is.

Even if I thought that, and I don't, I couldn't get past how much of a piece of shit asshole she is as a character in the game to ever admit that.

BUT DON'T YOU COME FOR MY JUNKRAT OR I'LL FITE YOU IRL.
    Well, if it helps...I like his body - just not his face.

So the final frontier of social identity representation is....

ugly women?

Where's my female roadhog?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, if it helps...I like his body - just not his face.
    Well I mean it is your prerogative to be wrong.

moar junkrat for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Straight/gay/bi/trans and what ever else there is has no place in this game. They are adding it for the sake of adding it. No one gives a fucking shit what sexual preference these characters have.

Surprised there isn't a fucking vegan and scientologist in the game yet as it would have as much to do with the game as someone being gay.
    People think those are stupid and irrational. Besides, no one supports them.

Deleted
    I was hoping for a slew of triggered neck beards and fake Christians, I was not disappointed.

Merry Christmas, your salt will go well with the turkey

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    For someone who "doesn't give a shit" you sure are expressing some very heated emotions. If you truly don't care, why would this even be an issue at all? Why would it even be worth discussing?
    I've found those who push the angry "Don't give a shit." posts are those who are in line of "I hate gays but too pussy to say so." line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I've found those who push the angry "Don't give a shit." posts are those who are in line of "I hate gays but too pussy to say so." line of thinking.
    More like "I don't want PC people to 'rape' me if I would open to public" - same scare mongrel tactics like not so long ago with homosexuals 50 years ago. Like I could read in this topic, some (PC) people believe now that you have only two choices in life : 1. - you love LGBTQIABCDEF... and straight cis people are ... boring, or 2. - you are absolutely worst person ever, even worse than hitler ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

People cried about her over the shoulder pose. I'm laughing again at the homophobes crying over Tracer now. People need to find more important things in life to fixate on for real.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The obvious choice would have been Zarya not Tracer.

im pist how am i supposed to fap to tracer hentai pics when she likes girls and not even me now. Rise up my neckbeard brothas it is time for us to break these shackles of oppression !

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that feeling when you use Roadhog's hook on Tracer and shotgun in the face. Yeah that's the same way Emily feels for her and does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    More like "I don't want PC people to 'rape' me if I would open to public" - same scare mongrel tactics like not so long ago with homosexuals 50 years ago. Like I could read in this topic, some (PC) people believe now that you have only two choices in life : 1. - you love LGBTQIABCDEF... and straight cis people are ... boring, or 2. - you are absolutely worst person ever, even worse than hitler ...
    Puhlease. 99% of people crying over "PC" is just code for "waah what asshole thing I said was called out on and I have no defense for my asshole opinion so I will mock them."

It wont to the only people who think this shit is important.

Christ I could probably accurately predict their response:

"Tracer, the young, attractive, white, female character being the Lesbian only reinforces the stereotypes that Lesbians exist to be pleasing to men who want to watch female-on-female relationships." I'd bet anything something VERY close to that will be written about this "reveal."
    I actually hoped it would be a gay male seeing as yes, gay men are less socially acceptable than lesbians and many hetero males do get off on seeing two girls make out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Straight/gay/bi/trans and what ever else there is has no place in this game. They are adding it for the sake of adding it. No one gives a fucking shit what sexual preference these characters have.

Surprised there isn't a fucking vegan and scientologist in the game yet as it would have as much to do with the game as someone being gay.
    Not really, no.

Following your fallacious thinking, you may as well say "why even have backstory at all?". It has nothing to do with these games! What does it serves me to know that the overwatch was made to fight and prevent another Omnic Crisis? What does it serves the player to know that Widowmaker was kidnapped to become the ultimate killing machine because her husband was part of the initial overwatch? What does it serves the player to know that Soldier's 76 nemesis is Reaper, who betrayed him? What does it serves the player to know that D. Va was a highly prolific video game player with unique abilities that allowed her to be part of a program where she could control a robot for war?

If that's not your thing, fine. For a lot of people, these things matters. For once, I also welcome the diversity, because the story has been made with that in mind and it feel fresh, organical and realistic.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Why exactly do you need lore in a shooter? Why do you need relationships at all in shooters?

It's pointless.
    It's not just a shooter, it is a shooter, a motion comic book and a set of CGI mini films and in all of these the lore, character and relationships are what drove the material forward. In all comics the character becomes more human and defined by having a cast of normal people to have relationships with, it makes them fuller characters and drives the narrative. The aunt may to the Spider-Man, the jimmy olson to the Supermam, the Alfred to the batman and the Foggy Nelson to the Daredevil. Extended cast roots the character in reality and enhances the entire product.

This isn't just a shooter, this is a character driven licensed product that expresses itself in many different media. If it was just a shooter we would have characters named Medic, soldier, sniper, spy, engineer, scout and heavy weapon guy, their roles and not names like Reaper, Winston, McCree, Symmetra, Anna, Pharah and Tracer. Names of characters, not roles.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-12-21 at 04:30 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I personally don't see how the sexual orientation of an Overwatch character is relevant. Can't we just leave it to personal interpretation. Why does this character or that character or have to be hetero/homo?
    Why does it matter if they show that they are, if that's the case? If it makes someone feel good about it, great. It doesn't really hurt anyone else though, so why not?

How about let's not care about her sexuality, and focus on the fact it's a comic showing two lovers sharing a very happy and warm moment (That not just gays, but straights also could relate to) during the holidays.