Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Even as an enchanter, it's your choice whether you want to offer the gear before you do shatter it. If they run their mouth, just tell them it's your loot and you can do what you want, especially as an enchanter. Mats aren't cheap, kids!
    This too. High end enchants are quite costly. And it's good gold. Nobody should dictate what you do with your loot other than yourself. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    You mean the good old days when gear didn't rain from the skies for a grand total of an hours worth of effort?

I am too busy gearing/enchanting my alts to care about how some pleb is missing out on gear.

Deleted
    but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    the item was starded before he asked so being willing or unwilling had nothing to do with it. I cant pick up enchanting mats in the outdoor world like someone picking herbs or mines, leather or fish. the only way to get 12 chasos to make an enchant is to DE 12 epics.

Yes i can do the world quests that award epic and de them and thats in fact what echanters have to do and the LFR gear helps with shards. other professions dont have to de epic gear they eith use it or sell it.

Now if i am doing LFR on my other two toons ( i did mention i run it on 3 ) i dont mind giving the epics away as one is a leatherworker and the other a scribe and nither has a use for the low level gear but not when i am on my enchanter because he has a use for the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?
    D'aaaw, now I feel bummed cause no one has bitched at me for DEing loot before they ask. Just ignore them, angry little kids be angry.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely your loot, your shard, or whatever.

But think back, in the past year, two years, or at all in your time playing World of Warcraft... have you ever stopped to think "wow, what a shitty community"?
    I know most people I come into contact with have, everyone is jaded and fed up with the state of the community of this game. That guy is a dick, but offer it up to someone who needs it, and check their gear because some people do that just to shard it themselves. You might lose one out of three of the pieces you get but who really cares?

Isn't 300g worth improving the community just a little?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Deleted
    Mabye i could have asked to trade it for his 400 gold rune?

In fact i have seen people in chat after a boss kill asking they if anyone does not want their runes could they have them

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post

But think back, in the past year, two years, or at all in your time playing World of Warcraft... have you ever stopped to think "wow, what a shitty community"?
    I know most people I come into contact with have, everyone is jaded and fed up with the state of the community of this game. That guy is a dick, but offer it up to someone who needs it, and check their gear because some people do that just to shard it themselves. You might lose one out of three of the pieces you get but who really cares?

No. Plain and simple, no. I have me, my friends, and my guild. Everyone else can diaf.

Your only mistake was that you paid attention to lfr chat.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    This is the biggest problem with loot share. The amount of whisps I get when I get an item I don't need for it and how offended they get when I say I'd rather have the gold is insane.
    Just tell people you need it for mog or something and it was the whole reason you were there in the first place. Shuts people up and they don't explode at you
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

When you see the kind of communitys there is all over the internet, you quickly realise there is no point in trying to help them, they cant be helped

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    No. Plain and simple, no. I have me, my friends, and my guild. Everyone else can diaf.
    Then you're the problem. No point trying to explain things to you, or anyone who shares that viewpoint.

I would have asked if anyone in the group needs it first. Though I've only done one wing of lfr this expansion because that was all I could take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?
    I normally just loot the gold, then I have all items sent to my mailbox for disenchanting . No one knows what I got, so no bickering to be had.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    When you see the kind of communitys there is all over the internet, you quickly realise there is no point in trying to help them, they cant be helped
    The last time I got something from someone in LFR it was on my then 820 something HPally and it was a Titanforged relic which is largely inconsequential, but the guy whispered me without my asking and said "Hey, do you want this? Don't want to offer it in /I because I only like to give to people who are actually trying".

Made the rest of that LFR and the next one so much more enjoyable.

I find it hilarious how someone can use a moral argument against the OP for an ilvl835 item, within a few days of being 110 you get better loot from world quests. The guy can get his enchanting matts or he can give it to some undergeared alt/newbie that will replace it almost immediately if they are actively playing. Being called a noob over an ilvl835 item probably means the person was a noob, ilvl835 items are largely worthless.

I've done LFR a few times, majority of players are over ilvl850 average with a great deal of them over 870 with no other raiding experience to speak of. Put that into perspective, the ease of gearing outside of organised raiding is like it has never been before.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I play on Zul'Jin-US.

Anyone who feels like taking a screen shot of them trading an LFR item to someone, PM it to me and I'll give you 5 Chaos Crystals, if that's what the issue really is.

Sell them on the server, get yourself a battle pet to sell on your server.

Merry Christmas, be a decent fucking person... on the internet or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    He called you a noob? I hope you are alright?

The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    Oh spare me with this holier than thou charity bullshit.

The opposite is also true. Let's say I could use an upgrade and someone keeps the item instead. Maybe s/he needs the shard to enchant gear, and that enchantment will be an upgrade for that person. Maybe that person is short on gold and needs everything s/he can get. So what if I don't get loot, is it really the end of the world? If 300g is worth improving the community, so is 5-10 ilvls.

You can't expect the community to ever improve if you wait for someone else to make a change. It has to start with you. You can offer people items you don't need if it's an upgrade for them, and you can also simply move on if someone wants to keep an item. Making a scene, trying to call people out or trying to guilt them into giving their loot away is just as toxic.

oh noes you got called a noob, how will you move on with your life.