Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard will never win with this formula, they will never plaese everyone. Even if, like someone suggested, legendaries were only utility, there will be few of them more powerful then others, even by a small %.

And the whine will start again and again. The only or the most "fair" solution is the WoD and MoP system.

P.S: i don't mind this legendary system, i don't agree with whiners that say "i can't kill stuff without BiS legend". I only think this system is a bit frustrating for someone who want to switch specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Blizzard will never win with this formula, they will never plaese everyone. Even if, like someone suggested, legendaries were only utility, there will be few of them more powerful then others, even by a small %.

And the whine will start again and again. The only or the most "fair" solution is the WoD and MoP system.

P.S: i don't mind this legendary system, i don't agree with whiners that say "i can't kill stuff without BiS legend". I only think this system is a bit frustrating for someone who want to switch specs.
    but that's not what the whiners say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    but that's not what the whiners say
    Oh yes my friend. Go look back in this threads, like Aggrophobic ones.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best legendary system, is the one in which legendaries are truly legendary. As in there's a very very very tiny tiny little little smallest chance of getting a legendary from the HIGHEST MOST CRAZY ASS DIFFICULT RAID INSTANCE BOSS's bonus loot granted for completing it under strict conditions that make it EVEN HARDER. And NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS - both the legendary and the means of acquiring it. And only one person per server can have it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Oh yes my friend. Go look back in this threads, like Aggrophobic ones.
    I am the biggest moaner, got infracted for moaning over legendaries, but never claimed that.

I agree if anybody claims that, they are wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I am the biggest moaner, got infracted for moaning over legendaries, but never claimed that.

I agree if anybody claims that, they are wrong.
    2016-12-20, 08:56 PM
    Thread: Best legendary system so far
    by Aggrophobic Replies143 Views9,612
    Well, you're not winning without the best legendaries.

I have always enjoyed the RNG system of MMOs. Never really liked the "use the expansion to do a bunch of boring quests so you can get a cloak or ring at the end" system. Sure it was 100% fair, as everyone got the same item, but then what makes it legendary? Nothing, in my opinion.

This system is fun, because it is about luck, and nothing is as great a feeling as finally getting an item you've wanted, without knowing when it will drop.

The problem I have though, is that some legendaries was pretty much mandatory for certain specs (Looking at UH DK Bracers for instance, so glad I got them early), and if you didn't have said legendaries, you would fall behind by too much. They should, as they also mentioned, have made them all utility or "fun stuff", like fear all critters you walk past etc. Or they could be adding some cool cosmetic effects to certain spells. Then they would be stat sticks only, and then a 100% random system would be amazing.

Hope they learned from the start of legion, in case they want to keep using this system over the long quest chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Prior to MOP I think the legendaries worked perfectly. Nobody felt entitled to have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I have always enjoyed the RNG system of MMOs. Never really liked the "use the expansion to do a bunch of boring quests so you can get a cloak or ring at the end" system. Sure it was 100% fair, as everyone got the same item, but then what makes it legendary? Nothing, in my opinion.

This system is fun, because it is about luck, and nothing is as great a feeling as finally getting an item you've wanted, without knowing when it will drop.

The problem I have though, is that some legendaries was pretty much mandatory for certain specs (Looking at UH DK Bracers for instance, so glad I got them early), and if you didn't have said legendaries, you would fall behind by too much. They should, as they also mentioned, have made them all utility or "fun stuff", like fear all critters you walk past etc. Or they could be adding some cool cosmetic effects to certain spells. Then they would be stat sticks only, and then a 100% random system would be amazing.

Hope they learned from the start of legion, in case they want to keep using this system over the long quest chains.
    I agree with you on the "fun effects" or "cosmetic", but even with utility you will always have some kind of imbalance.

And again there will be people starting thread like:"If our tank had that legendary that gives X% of shield we cuold have been world first raiding guild" (hyperbole intended ).

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue with the RNG on the Legendaries isn't that there's both Utility and Output ones, it's that you aren't locked into your own Class ones first before you can even get a utility one. I wouldn't mind getting trash like Sephuz and Prydaz if they weren't my first two. If my first legendary has to be trash at least let me a trash one that's exclusive to my class and/or spec.

This is how I would change the system:

Make the items unique and bind on account. The ilvl would scale to the average ilvl of the character that currently has it. Once you got all items usable by the class doing content you can get items for other classes. This way if you got a Prydaz on one of your chars it would never drop for another again.

all i can say my druid is MS balance, got impeccable fel essence and promise of elune, the moon goddessgotten first, that is the BIS legondary ring and not soo mutch BIS legondary feet, then i got sephuz's secret and prydaz xavaric's magnum opus, and now im tanking keystones like a God.

even tough i rly rly want the legondary head item tough.

Legendaries available for all, this is both good and bad. Depends on how you want to view it.

I was maining vengeance DH (tank) and got 2 dps legendaries on him, I'd be happier with Seph+Pryd...
    But life goes on, it wasnt that hard to catchup with the DPS artifact so I can adapt.

Yes, this made me change spec on my main, but I am still happy with the legendaries I got.
    I do not think I'd be any happier with no legendaries at all.

I agree with you on the "fun effects" or "cosmetic", but even with utility you will always have some kind of imbalance.

And again there will be people starting thread like:"If our tank had that legendary that gives X% of shield we cuold have been world first raiding guild" (hyperbole intended ).
    Yeah, there will never be balance with all the Warforged, Gems, Titanforged items running around either. So small stuff like a couple of percentages is something we can manage, but an item that kinda gives a class 50-100k more dps? That is a bit over the top. With UH DK, you where kinda useless without the bracers, you where bottom half, with them, you where more middle-top (depending on skill lvl in your raids).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    It's the system. Doesn't matter if all legendaries were equal and/or situational. People would still want specific ones for their playstyle, and not getting those specific ones would be disappointing.
    This has been present in the game design since it´s inception, only that until now it was with epics and only in raids.
    The system is perfect, just make sure there is no such thing as trash legendaries, and maybe increase the drop rate, and the system is fine.
    In any case D3 legendary system/drop was also terrible when the game came out, but after quite a lot of tunning the system is fine, and no, i am not comparing D3 to wow, i am just saying that the current legendary system in wow also requires tunning.
    Also the main problem of the actual system it is clearly raiding and benching, and i recall a developer nearly admitting this would happen, but it was not their main concern game-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The best legendary system, is the one in which legendaries are truly legendary. As in there's a very very very tiny tiny little little smallest chance of getting a legendary from the HIGHEST MOST CRAZY ASS DIFFICULT RAID INSTANCE BOSS's bonus loot granted for completing it under strict conditions that make it EVEN HARDER. And NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS - both the legendary and the means of acquiring it. And only one person per server can have it.
    Sure a great system, are you so delusional to expect casual players paying for hardcore-only gaming experiences?, do you get that blizzard abandoned that road after WOD?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Prior to MOP I think the legendaries worked perfectly. Nobody felt entitled to have one.
    This is true, but those days are gone forever, it would not work again as it did.

Deleted
    With utility only legendaries, the system would be fine. But since you are dependent on a dps increase legendary to be on par with your peers, its really bad game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best system was in WotLK and Cataclysm, where drops were (almost) guaranteed and an entire guild had to work on legendary for a few selected people. May be the only suggestion would be to limit power of multiple legendary weapons in a single raid, so it won't become any kind of requirement in progression raids (like it was on a deathwing spine).

Classic and BC system was bad because of RNG. MoP and Draenor just devalued legendaries and Legion is a complete joke. It's the first addon, where legendaries are making gameplay worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard still wouldn't win even with utility legendaries. The number crunching would be done and the high end raiding community would still make a tier list of best to worst and people would still bitch about not getting the one that they want.

Personally I really like this system as it's exciting getting them even if it's not the BiS they still have their uses. I also like that they don't take long ass expansion long grinds anymore. But I'll be fair and say the MoP/WoD systems weren't terrible but I didn't like doing them a second time on alts even with the catch up systems. But I'm also a pretty big proponent of more account wide shit but that's a totally diff topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    TIt's more like different ones would be great on specific bosses and everyone would want the one that's good on Gul'Dan.
    Yeah kind of what getting at. With an RNG system the reality is people would still be left without particular utility legendaries and the system would be hated again.

Only thing that would appease people not happy with the legendary system is a complete removal of them it seems like. But then that leaves people like me who enjoy them high and dry. My legendary ring makes Arms spec bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If all Legendaries were utility, I'd have a much easier time with the system Blizzard developed for this expansion. Ion even said as much in an interview, stating that if they could do it again they'd make them all utility.
    The only straight up argument I have against this is this:

No previous legendary ever has been only utility. That's not the point of having legendaries. They are meant to be DPS boosts, and always have been displayed as such.

With that said, all of them should be DPS boosts. Unless you're a tank or a healer, obviously. But then we go back to common sense. The legendary should definitely fit your role. But you should never have to worry about having bad luck getting a legendary that doesn't fit your class role (or these neutral legendaries that are so bad they may as well be stat sticks). If I'm playing DPS, it should be a well designed DPS legendary. Healer? Healing legendary.. etc.