Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I mean you're entitled to your opinion but I think you should go re-watch attack of the clones right now and realise that it's the worst Star Wars episode. It tried so hard to be like Empire. And the Cringe love story. Sand, it gets everywhere. Kill me.
    The ending scenes are pretty cool imo.

Anyway, I agree with the general sentiment towards episodes I & II, but not with such intensity. Nonetheless, I still like episode III a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    About A New Hope — I preferred Empire when I was younger, but the original Star Wars, especially the untouched theatrical version, really is a masterpiece. In fact, make sure you're not watching Lucas' latest manhandling of those films before you make a judgment.
    Empire still a better movie honestly. Very little can be changed about the movie that i can think off. Next to no useless scenes, at least in the original cut. A new hope simply has a little more ramp up to do because its the first, so as a side effect it suffers a bit. Empire is just a more realized film, it had the advantage of being the middle to achieve this. Both movies are master pieces, Empire is just better on multiple level, due to many factor. Even the cinematography is simply better, the dialogues are better. The actors are also much better, Mark Hammil and Carry Fisher are much better, which helps the movie greatly.

The only main cast actor that did not seem to get better was Ford, because he was already good.

A New Hope is a master piece mainly for being a ground breaker, not exactly for its perfection as a timeless movie.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-21 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Empire still a better movie honestly. Very little can be changed about the movie that i can think off. Next to no useless scenes, at least in the original cut.
    Oh, absolutely. It's as close as you get to a flawless movie. Kasdan at his best. So much care in direction and editing. The score alone is arguably Williams' most expansive, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Just finished watching it. I'll spare you a long rant and say thus: people who never served in military should not write or direct any kind of war movie: realistic, fantasy, SF. It will turn out both ridiculous and bad.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

Made arguably the best war-movie ever, praised for its extremely realistic recounting of events, so vivid in fact that actual WW2 veterans had flashbacks and PTSD relapses from scenes from his movie, Saving Private Ryan.

He hasn't seen any combat beyond the fake kind behind his camera. So you're very wrong, very.

In fact come to think of it, I can't think of a single great war movie director other than old, usually short Jews or other residents of Hollywod that have lived lives of peace and plenty. So you're really quite full of shit.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2016-12-22 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Opinion: Attack of the Clones was okay and Revenge of the Sith was really cool.

Yoda fighting Count Dooku, Emperor Palpatine fighting Yoda; pretty cool. "sand gets everywhere" and "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWWERR." Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    The original SW has very few name dropping, usually 3 or 4 protagonist and 1 or 2 bad guys each movie adding a few character. Rogue One is focused on a crew of 6 character withthe most exotic name possible and a ton of supporting character (with an important role) and locations.

In SW 4 : Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Dark Vador, Tarkin and 2 planet.
    In SW 5 : Lando, Boba, Palpatine and 3 planets
    In SW 6 : Jabba and 1 planet
    In SW 7 : Rey, Finn, Poe and 3 planets

In Rogue one, most of the character are only mentioned one or twice, I'm not even if sure if the pilot was given a name and he has a lot of screen time. The mercenary guy and sensitive guy are given a name which is never mentioned again in the movie, i know that because during the whole movie I tried to remember their names. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who cannot give all characters name.
    What is the name of the rain planet ?
    What is the name of the mon calamari admiral ?
    What is the name of the damned pilot ?
    Let's be real here, last night I watched a Youtube video about the names of all the guys around the table in the meeting in Star Wars where they discuss the Death Star and the rebellion (the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene), and not only did all the generals around the table have names and backstories, the two GUARDS AT THE DOOR did as well.

I guarantee you someone will know all those names already.

I will say one thing though, a lot of the new characters seem to have gotten their names out of one of those "what's your Star Wars name" generator things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Episodes 1-3 are the three worst movies ever made, in order. But, they are still Star Wars movies so, not bad with the volume off.
    I dunno, a lot of it is standing around in front of green screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Opinion: Attack of the Clones was okay and Revenge of the Sith was really cool.
    Mmmm, in my opinion Revenge of the Sith was the worst of all. About the only thing that made my brain stop vomiting into my skull was that scene with Ian McDiarmid in the theatre where he spins a creepy story about Darth Plageuis (which somehow doesn't trip any red flags in Anakin's head lol), that guy was doing his best with the material he had. There were a few minutes of Attack of the Clones (with Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee) that I almost actually enjoyed, and in Phantom Menace... I guess Natalie Portman's scenes were the best.

But overall, three absolute disasters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    The original SW has very few name dropping, usually 3 or 4 protagonist and 1 or 2 bad guys each movie adding a few character. Rogue One is focused on a crew of 6 character withthe most exotic name possible and a ton of supporting character (with an important role) and locations.

In SW 4 : Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Dark Vador, Tarkin and 2 planet.
    In SW 5 : Lando, Boba, Palpatine and 3 planets
    In SW 6 : Jabba and 1 planet
    In SW 7 : Rey, Finn, Poe and 3 planets

In Rogue one, most of the character are only mentioned one or twice, I'm not even if sure if the pilot was given a name and he has a lot of screen time. The mercenary guy and sensitive guy are given a name which is never mentioned again in the movie, i know that because during the whole movie I tried to remember their names. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who cannot give all characters name.
    What is the name of the rain planet ?
    What is the name of the mon calamari admiral ?
    What is the name of the damned pilot ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Brodie. He says it when they are introduced in the holding cells.
    Actually it's Bodhi. Bobhi Rook. To be fair I only actually remembered that because I kept thinking of Patrick Swayze's character from Point Break whenever he was on screen after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's be real here, last night I watched a Youtube video about the names of all the guys around the table in the meeting in Star Wars where they discuss the Death Star and the rebellion (the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene), and not only did all the generals around the table have names and backstories, the two GUARDS AT THE DOOR did as well.

Motti gets choked. Tagge has the weird bowl hair cut. Wullf Yularen has the sweet white mustache. I have no idea about the others lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-22 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Made arguably the best war-movie ever, praised for its extremely realistic recounting of events
    That movie had the budget large enough to have both military and historic consultants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That movie had the budget large enough to have both military and historic consultants.
    I didn't know there were experts on intergalactic war and space conflicts.

Finally got around to seeing it(Fuck you snow), felt a lot like Halo Reach: The Movie. "From the beginning you know the end". Instantly got a leg up over TFA because there's actual WARS in the STARS. The CGI for Tarkin and Leia is bretty good and doesn't seem to cross into the uncanny valley. Nevermind , I r dumb
    Was I the only one who found the Deathstar infinitely more terrifying as a city/continent destroyer than an actual planet destroyer? I mean fuck, when it's set to blow shit up you die instantly, whereas tactically-fuck-this-area-in-particular mode you're fucked to a slow miserable experience even if you're on the other side of the planet.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2016-12-23 at 02:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Excellent film. Saw it Tues night, no complaints.

I simply do not get the hate for the prequels. All the complaints people give about them never bothered me. I'm 41. I was actually in the theater sleeping in my mom's lap (and I didn't wake up!) during the premiere of Episode 4 in 77.

I found the prequels entertaining. My favorite is one of them, ROTS. My favorite from the classic trilogy? ROTJ.

Ewoks, you say? Not implausible. It's a big universe. Same thing for Gungans. In a functionally infinite universe, there are going to be species whose cultural practices and modes of speech seem ludicrous to us.

Episode 1 is the worst among the franchise so far, but it's still worth watching for me.

Anakin's dialogue? A sheltered man-child with the powers of a wizard while also being a member of an ancient order with great authority says cringe-worthy things? The hell, you say.

But I digest.

But seriously, my listing of SW movies in descending order of my enjoyment:

1)ROTS

2)ROTJ

3)TESB

4)AOTC

5)TFA

6) Rogue One

7) ANH ( I just ... idk, something about this movie just doesn't blow my skirt up compared to the others above it)

8) TPM (The worst of the prequels I'll admit, had its moments DARTHMOFO'INGMAUL)
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-12-23 at 03:34 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait until Disney buys Netflix so we can get a gritty Star Wars show. Maybe a bounty hunter show. Or maybe one following around an Imperial unit or a smuggler during the Civil War that might only catch small hints of the stuff going on in the movies like the Marvel Netflix shows. Wait, maybe a resistance group like Saw's on the outskirts of Imperial territory, one thats not tied to the Alliance.

And don't like there isn't a possibility of Disney buying Netflix. Especially all the ABC and Marvel shows keep doing well.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-12-23 at 03:41 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Motti gets choked. Tagge has the weird bowl hair cut. Wullf Yularen has the sweet white mustache. I have no idea about the others lol.
    Found the video! There was actually more than one video on this topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    <Prequel commentary>
    I like episode 2 and 3 but Hayden Christensen makes me loathe 75% of the time when he gets to speak. I actually watched the prequels at work this week, the CGI looked cartoonish but I was also watching in SD. Some of Lucas's story decisions were quite odd too. It was his to take it where he wanted but it seems like he fell out of touch with the universe that he created.

Killing of Maul in 1. And obvious mistake, just see how big Maul is in both cartoon series.

Midichlorians. I accept it but I think most were find with the Force being some sort of mystic/supernatural force of nature that you tapped into. The Midichlorians sort of take away from the specialness of being a force user IMO. Now it seems like all you need is a high midichlorian account and you're good.

The tragedy of Vader was stifled by Christensen's acting and Lucas's storytelling, it was much better told in the cartoons. In the movies Anakin came off as whiny and a guy who couldn't get over his first girlfriend. And when he gets his suit we only see crippled defeated Vader, theres hardly any hint of the legend to come. Almost nothing in the movies (for me) hint of the legend of Vader. Cartoons, plenty, movies, not so much.

My order

Empire
    Rogue One
    ANH
    TFA
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    Clones
    TPM

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack of the clones above tfa and rogue one. Straight on to the ignore list...wait rotj above esb, off the ignore list!

Seriously though aotc is utter garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was bad. Like sure its flashy, but I was sooo bored watching it.

I walked out only remembering one characters name

The robot had more character than the rest of the cast

The jokes were alright

Vader did a dad joke

I am not a star wars fan. I am well aware of the plot/story because its been referenced and told for like 40 fucking years. I thought Force Awakens was pretty good. I enjoyed watching it. I thought I would love this movie because my friends and I were gonna see it, plus I love Star Wars battlefront 2!

But instead.... these characters sucked. I had no idea why the two Asian ones were even hanging out with them.... or that pilot guy who got tentacle raped ALSO WHY WAS that was never brought up again? Because wtf was that scene even about?.... also why the fuck was the black rebel cripple guy even in the movie? Like what was his fucking purpose? The first 40 minutes of the movie coulda been taken out and nothing would have changed. The main character was really boring, and I didnt think she was all that interesting. I felt no connection to any of the characters, like when they all died... I honestly didnt care. Except for the droid because I knew the jokes were gone. Also the main went from "fuck everything about this!" to "I was apart of this with black cripple guy at one point" to "I am all about the rebellion" in like a second.... it was dumb.

I saw what coulda been a good movie, but they chose to make it dull...... also that CGI was pretty good.... I assumed that guy was dead, but there he is in CGI glory. Also honestly I figured that Vader going crazy on them scene is over hyped... its really not that much...

In short
    What did I like?
    1. The droid
    2. Vaders dad joke
    3. was a pretty movie

Oh and the actual villain suuuuccckkkkeeeeeeddd I have to edit this in because I fucking forgot about him... he was just a fuck boi who was trying to get promotions and suck dick to keep his job.... what a boring and uninteresting character....

one of my friends actually fell asleep during the movie, but he loves it because starwars......
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-12-23 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't know why the Asian guys were with them?? Did you watch the movie?

They were an order of temple guardians, the temple got destroyed by the empire so they joined in with the rebellion, throw in the force connection between jyn and Chirrut and it's immediately obvious.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-12-23 at 07:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You didn't know why the Asian guys were with them?? Did you watch the movie?
    I did

They got roped into a fight
    They said hi
    They went to random old cripple rebel dudes
    Town went boom
    They decided fuck it, we homies

Pretty dumb since well....they didnt do much interacting, just kinda happened.... reminds me of how people meet in stoner movies. Usually in other movies, more shit happens or we learn more about said characters to kinda make up for the sudden "we homies now", but that never really happened in this movie.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-12-23 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I felt no connection to any of the characters, like when they all died... I honestly didnt care. Except for the droid because I knew the jokes were gone.
    Funniest thing I have read in awhile here. I would usually rebuttal things like this but not this time. Shine like a diamond Greymane, shine like a diamond.