Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Just got my 5th Legendary. MM, BM, re-roll?

Today I was doing Heroic EN as BM just chillin, did not update my loot spec, and was accidentally and painfully awarded Roar of the Seven Lions. My Legendary layout is as follows:

1. Pyrdaz
    2. Roots of Shaldrassil
    3. Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask
    4. Sephuz Secret
    5. Roar of the Seven Lions.

My character name is Gilthandir on Kel'Thuzad and I have decent parses in a semi-hard core guild. I have 41 in my MM weapon and 26 in my BM weapon. I am wondering if I should continue to level my MM weapon to 54, immediately dump everything into BM, or re roll altogether considering realistically it won't be until February + until I am awarded a 6th Legendary. Thoughts?

Roar is really good with killer cobra. You should give BM a shot. I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's fantastic in M+ as well.

Deleted
    Well that belt is BiS for BM so theres that. The missing AP you can make up in like 2 weeks with current AK while even being lazy.

That being said. Both hunter specs need a major rework by someone not working for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Well that belt is BiS for BM so theres that. The missing AP you can make up in like 2 weeks with current AK while even being lazy.

That being said. Both hunter specs need a major rework by someone not working for blizzard.
    No, Someone who works for blizzard as hunter designer should be shot in the head right now and exile from the company immediately without any forgiving or bullshit. Hunter rework is fucking awful now. Seriously, Fucking awful. Why the hell blizzard hired that fucking moron in first place? That person should be deleted from bloodline and never again.

Tone it down
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-25 at 12:13 AM.

You should probably be happy that you got BM BiS since BM is looking good for Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    1. Pyrdaz
    2. Roots of Shaldrassil
    4. Sephuz Secret
    Dude, I'm so sorry for you. Happy Christmas though.

I would dump AP in BM right now, until it is 35 and give it a go. Which two legs do you use right now? Depends on whatever spare gear you have but if you need to go BM for a fight I'd run with Prydaz and the Belt. Prydaz will be really good for progression in Nighthold. BM is really fun on Odyn because you can freely move, also fun on Guarm for the same reason (and its single target). Of course you would go MM for Helya.

Today I was doing Heroic EN as BM just chillin, did not update my loot spec, and was accidentally and painfully awarded Roar of the Seven Lions. My Legendary layout is as follows:

1. Pyrdaz
    2. Roots of Shaldrassil
    4. Sephuz Secret

My character name is Gilthandir on Kel'Thuzad and I have decent parses in a semi-hard core guild. I have 41 in my MM weapon and 26 in my BM weapon. I am wondering if I should continue to level my MM weapon to 54, immediately dump everything into BM, or re roll altogether considering realistically it won't be until February + until I am awarded a 6th Legendary. Thoughts?

go BM with belt and pants and laugh at all the MM hunters dying to mechanics in nighthold why you zip and zag and do good dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    go BM with belt and pants and laugh at all the MM hunters dying to mechanics in nighthold why you zip and zag and do good dps.
    Depends on OP's spare gear but the heal effect of the pants is total garbage. I have that and prydaz and I still use prydaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Depends on OP's spare gear but the heal effect of the pants is total garbage. I have that and prydaz and I still use prydaz.
    I guess Agility isn't as important to hunters as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I guess Agility isn't as important to hunters as I thought.
    For BM it's great. Not worth losing 500+ agi to use Prydaz for the effect IMO.

My main is a MM hunter 893 ilvl who has Sephuz, Shaldrassil and prydaz so far. While my DH ilvl 872 just got the BIS fury ring as his first legendary, I am seriously considering to just abandon my hunter since there are so many bad legendaries I could still get as MM.

But on the other hand there is no time to do that and be competitive until nighthold, I will buy artifact knowledge to my DH right when the next patch comes but that won't be enough because I can't compete with the AP gains from a 25 AK, plus I sadly still need about 30 days to complete my order hall second legendary research, which means in my case I will be sticking with my hunter for a while until my DH can catch up.
    Last edited by xicoia; 2016-12-23 at 05:55 PM.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    For BM it's great. Not worth losing 500+ agi to use Prydaz for the effect IMO.
    Prydaz has better mastery allocation than the legs and it has a socket. So rough approximation gives the legs maybe a +250 agi boost.

We're all farming EN now and going for rankings but personally I'd rather take the extra survivability and live through the fight than do 0.5% more damage. Prydaz is also getting huge buff in 7.1.5 if they keep the current PTR stuff.

Also just depends on the spare gear you have. I have a 890 socketed leg piece and I don't have a spare neck remotely close to that.

I think optimally, you'd want BiS spare gear so that you can swap legendaries in and out depending on the fight, if you want more dps or more suvivability.

I have an 885 Crit/Mastery socket neck, and 895 legs. I would have to use the shadow helm and belt in BM.

I have an 885 Crit/Mastery socket neck, and 895 legs. I would have to use the shadow helm and belt in BM.
    Don't worry too much. Looks like BM>MM in Nighthold anyway, or atleast 80% BM 20% MM.

Roger was already saying we'd have to swap between the two, and then BM got a decent buff. So we'll see what that ends with.

"... since BM is looking good for Nighthold. "

I am scared that I'll end up having to reroll to another class for Nighhold if they chose BM to be the next "best" dps hunter spec given how completely, thoroughly it is broken. I have so little faith that the bugs in both BM and MM will be fixed and we're going to see the same old 'Look!, New Shiny(tm) but broken stuff designed to frustrate you to no end". I just want spells like Marked Shot to not glitch out and just WORK..and pets...omg, just *sob* so badly programmed I dread doing anything other than world quests with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochump View Post
    "... since BM is looking good for Nighthold. "

I am scared that I'll end up having to reroll to another class for Nighhold if they chose BM to be the next "best" dps hunter spec given how completely, thoroughly it is broken. I have so little faith that the bugs in both BM and MM will be fixed and we're going to see the same old 'Look!, New Shiny(tm) but broken stuff designed to frustrate you to no end". I just want spells like Marked Shot to not glitch out and just WORK..and pets...omg, just *sob* so badly programmed I dread doing anything other than world quests with them.
    Marked shot bug? What are you talking about? There's no MM bug that even compares to the meh smeh bm pet issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Marked shot bug? What are you talking about? There's no MM bug that even compares to the meh smeh bm pet issues.
    he's probably talking about the one where the MS icon continues to flash if an add with Hunter's Mark despawns without you getting the MS off, which i think is probably the single-most annoying part of playing a Hunter now
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    he's probably talking about the one where the MS icon continues to flash if an add with Hunter's Mark despawns without you getting the MS off, which i think is probably the single-most annoying part of playing a Hunter now
    If it's that, then it's really not a big deal at all. All you need is some more awareness on what you got mark on..

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If it's that, then it's really not a big deal at all. All you need is some more awareness on what you got mark on..
    It's not really an issue of more awareness haha like you know you don't have a marked shot but it's still there flashing for like 30 seconds. It is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunkus View Post
    It's not really an issue of more awareness haha like you know you don't have a marked shot but it's still there flashing for like 30 seconds. It is frustrating.
    Of course it's frustrating somewhat, but if that's the worst issue, and doesn't even effect gameplay, just a minor minor visual, then everything seems pretty fine and dandy to me.

And the awareness is if people keep hitting marking shot just cause it's glowing.