Latest PTR build tagged as release...

I thought there would be balancing changes for BM, well then, seems like we were wrong that further balancing would take place. Blizzard might be finished with 7.1.5. already. Thoughts?

Deleted
    If that's true, that would make me a happy MM. Unless something significant changed to the worse in the last week.

Some people were wrong.

Some of us were saying all along that the PTR would change very little once they had made it public.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Some people were wrong.

Some of us were saying all along that the PTR would change very little once they had made it public.
    Didn't the Q&A say that BM would be receiving buffs to bring it in line with other specs!? The only "buff" I saw was increased damage for Multishot. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    Didn't the Q&A say that BM would be receiving buffs to bring it in line with other specs!? The only "buff" I saw was increased damage for Multishot. What am I missing?
    Part of the notes say this.

" Beast Mastery Hunter: 9% up from 4%"

May be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    Part of the notes say this.

" Beast Mastery Hunter: 9% up from 4%"

May be part of it.
    Could you please give me a source for this?

Deleted
    and mm 2p just got nerfed from 20 to 35 focus for 1s off ts cd. ptr is tagged release for some time. balancing isnt completed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    Could you please give me a source for this?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=258591/7...endary-changes

Deleted
    So tell me if I'm wrong with 7.1.5 final results:

Singlet target -> we will choose Piercing Shot so that we will be using Arcane Shot for Vulnerable windows (after Marked Shot)
    Multitarget -> Remains the same

Am I right?

Do you have source? Where does it say it will be release build?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand View Post
    So tell me if I'm wrong with 7.1.5 final results:

Singlet target -> we will choose Piercing Shot so that we will be using Arcane Shot for Vulnerable windows (after Marked Shot)
    Multitarget -> Remains the same

Am I right?
    You should wait for sims or at least for a better hunter than me, but my impression is that, with arcane shot, focus regen is so bad you don't even feel like using crows/barrage, so I have no idea how you are supposed to use Piercing Shot effectively. The nerfed focus pool doesn't help either.

Overall Trick Shot is looking very good to me for everything but spread cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    You should wait for sims or at least for a better hunter than me, but my impression is that, with arcane shot, focus regen is so bad you don't even feel like using crows/barrage, so I have no idea how you are supposed to use Piercing Shot effectively. The nerfed focus pool doesn't help either.

Overall Trick Shot is looking very good to me for everything but spread cleave.
    Why wouldn't you use crows, damage per focus is amazing for crows.

My guess would be:

AoE (M+)/ST (especially since they buffed the frequncy of our Vulnerable windows by 15-25%) Trick Shot.
    Spreadcleave whereever it makes sense (dragons for example) = SW

even though MS is weaker than before, it's still "okay/good" for AoE, so whenever multishot doesn't have enough horizontal range, SW

Piercing Shot looks like it's going to be a niché pick. Unless you are looking at PvP or an encounter where you, for some reason, *need* amazing burst AoE (<10s-15s duration ), I wouldn't pick it. You won't be able to use all your Vulnerable windows if you spend 100 focus on Piercing Shot every ~30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Why wouldn't you use crows, damage per focus is amazing for crows.

My guess would be:

AoE (M+)/ST (especially since they buffed the frequncy of our Vulnerable windows by 15-25%) Trick Shot.
    Spreadcleave whereever it makes sense (dragons for example) = SW

even though MS is weaker than before, it's still "okay/good" for AoE, so whenever multishot doesn't have enough horizontal range, SW

Piercing Shot looks like it's going to be a niché pick. Unless you are looking at PvP or an encounter where you, for some reason, *need* amazing burst AoE (<10s-15s duration ), I wouldn't pick it. You won't be able to use all your Vulnerable windows if you spend 100 focus on Piercing Shot every ~30 seconds.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd use crows and barrage, but playing an arcane shot build on the PTR I feel VERY focus starved.
    It's a big difference compared to live SW/PS build, where crows focus cost is pretty much negligible and barrage requires minimal planning.

I agree with Piercing Shot having good potential for burst AoE, but waiting 4-5 seconds for PS to reach max damage bonus is not really "bursty".

They've nerfed both the boots AND the tier 2pc.
    The 2pc has been weakened by almost half (Trueshot reduced by 1 sec per 20 (now 35) focus spent)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd use crows and barrage, but playing an arcane shot build on the PTR I feel VERY focus starved.
    It's a big difference compared to live SW/PS build, where crows focus cost is pretty much negligible and barrage requires minimal planning.

I agree with Piercing Shot having good potential for burst AoE, but waiting 4-5 seconds for PS to reach max damage bonus is not really "bursty".
    Well, aside from such short burst AoE windows/mechanics being extremely rare (it's not like doing it whenever the boss spawns 10 adds makes it worth it, it must be a mechanic where you wipe/can't proceed if you don't get these adds down asap), you'd obviously line up your focus management for a mechanic like that. Similar to how you'd save a proc. In fact, you'd *have* to save both because Piercing Shot interacts with Vulnerable now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-23 at 04:52 PM.