Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    All i do is log in daily for about an hr or less to do ap dailies, and on weekends to raid. If it was down to me i'd only log in to raid, but now you're forced to log in every day or fall behind.
    Curious, do you honestly think a person who plays a few hours on the weekend should achieve the same progress as someone who plays every day?

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10, it's the best expansion we had so far with MoP coming really close. (Wrath was terrible btw, a lot of people tend to forget that)
    While raids have not been very exciting (yet!), I hope Nighthold changes that. Suramar is THE best zone they have ever made, and I really think that Nighthold will be a cherry on top of this pie.

While I am somewhat annoyed at alt unfriendliness, I don't really care. I play my main 99% of time, and there's always some RELEVANT stuff to do on her, which wasn't a thing in previous expansions. And it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Wrath was terrible btw

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it a 6/10. A lot of stuff is really good, namely the questing, tons of content, world quests, etc. Unfortunately the pvp is so awful this expansion I can't give it higher than a 6. It's literally in the worst state it's ever been and that's saying a lot.

Pleasantly surprised with how many people rate it highly. I haven't played for a few weeks as I've had things going on, but it's certainly up there with the best for me. The ''alt issue'' hasn't been an issue for me personally, I just capped a load of toons I might play at some point and let their AK build up while I focused on my main + main 2 alts.
    The only real issue I've had with Legion is the loot RNG/Stat importance, it can really harm your sense of character progression at times. For example, me and my mage friend did the most content out of everyone in our guild, by far (raid clears, mythic +, wqs, pvp etc) and we went through a stage where we didn't get any drops or upgrades for weeks or a legendary. Then one of our guildies logs in and does an emissary quest and gets a BiS legendary for his Monk having only played a fraction of the time. It can certainly be disheartening but persistence is key. The stat dependency also made it difficult, more so for certain classes. Looting an 890 item and it not being an upgrade over a 860 is incredibly frustrating, although they're making changes to that so hopefully it will resolve it somewhat.
    I remember you... In the mountains

i give it a 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What exactly you mean? DS was horrible in all aspects - Deathwing fights weren't epic, all the other bosses were nameless nobodies, and heroic mechanics couldn't even be considered heroic (Plus the HYPE on DS - 12 boss raid, 3 fights would have been Deathwing, awesomeness and epics abound.)

Tuning failures can be ignored if the fight mechanics require awareness of some amount to succeed. Most of DS was stack and pew pew in normal, and in heroic, obey this mechanic that occurs once every 2 minutes to win. Nothing where one person messing up means a wipe. Shortness of the raid can be overcome with awesomeness of the characters - We get to fight Cenarius, Ursoc, the ol' Dragons of Nightmare, Xavius, is awesome. DS? Random reskinned mobs, no lore.
    You dont see any similarities? You fight the 1st boss, then move to a middle platform from which you can access all the other bosses, every single one of them is very easy and uninteresting, and yes i did clear mythic already.

Nythendra is tank n spank, and avoid green.
    Ursoc is tank n spank, and switch the charge group.
    Dragons is tank n spank with a tank swap.
    Elerethe is tank n spank and drop bad somewhere away.
    Eye is practically a healer training ground on steroids.
    Cenarius is tank n spank + weeding simulator.
    Xavius...

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    How would you rate Legion? I've waited patiently until now, not buying into the hype and keeping a watchful eye on the progress of the expansion. With things in life dying down a bit, I think I'm ready to start investing time in a game again, provided the game is good. So, Legion? Is it good? Is it fun? Will it provide me with months of entertainment or is it another one-trick pony like WoD? Would love to hear your thoughts.
    The biggest issue for me is that PVP is complete trash. That includes ability pruning (awful), changes to gearing (terrible), and other things, it's a big, big issue. I am far from alone on that, PVP participation is *DOWN* to about half of what it was in the last season of WoD. It is not getting better, they keep falling into holes all the time, see the very recent scandal with PVP ratings where they seem to have changed the rules without telling - that's actually a very suitable end to this stupidly bad season.

Other than that, Legion was more or less okay. Not great, just okay. It started off pretty meh, then things started looking great with 7.1 and Blizzcon with news on 7.1.5 and 7.2, and now it is meh again because they are being late with patches once more and content ran dry, again (and we have to wait for a month for a minor patch and then for maybe 4-5 more months for more, again).

Sum total, there is some hope, and if they work hard and long hours, they might make PVP tolerable and bring the rest from "meh, no content again" to "ok, there is something". But that's only if they work hard and long hours. And if they won't, Legion might very easily end up being trash, not much better than WoD (well, in some respects - PVP - it is miles worse, so...).

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Forgot to rate. I don't know - 5/10?

Easily sitting at seven right now but with 7.2's content and beyond it can easily jump up to 8 or 8.5 . Surely top 2 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok, not enough to make me stay - focusing on Warmane Lordaeron and Nostalrius fresh start

another thread * ok i created the 100000 thread about how good/bad legion is so share ur opinions!!!!*

people u have nothing to do in ur life than creating countless threads about the same topic?XDDD

TOV is fucking garbage. Knocked it's rating from 8/10 to 7/10 because at least there are still other things to do.

7/10

I loved it just don't have the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Games with less content, makes sense
    games with better content

8/10 for me.

Can go +-1 depending on how the remaining raids are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Curious, do you honestly think a person who plays a few hours on the weekend should achieve the same progress as someone who plays every day?
    Mythic raiding is the pinnacle of WoW. Someone committing hrs of their time to a schedule to play a video game at the hardest achievable difficulty, should not fall behind some 14 year old because that 14 year old can log in 12 hrs a day. At the end of the day wow is a video game, and most of its playerbase are adults, most mythic raiders are adults. You can't expect adults to keep up with teenagers when it comes to time played. So introducing a new character progression system based on time spent on the game is moronic to say the least. WoW is a game, not a job.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-12-24 at 07:58 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play casual (up to normal/heroic raids): 9.5

+ 11 (soon 12) dungeons - 10 on launch, there was more on launch only in BC/WoTLK era, where many dungeons shared art assets
    ++ mythic +
    + titanforge system
    + scaling technology
    + raids and leveling keep quality from previous expansions
    ++ Suramar zone, best piece of outdoor content in WoW history
    + clear progression path after max level
    + artifact system - post max level progressions path, now doing things like finishing every quest after 110 make sense, everything award Artifact Power, it's not a grind for casual, because you get AP from every activity in game beside doing old content
    + transmog tab
    + profession unique questlines
    +++ class unique questlines
    + very strong theme, not on WoTLK level yet, but we are going there
    + (projected) strong patch support - 7.1, 7.1.5, (annouced) 7.2, 7.2.5, 7.3 - probably more; it's extremely important - only 'bad' expansions, Cata and WoD failed because of weak patch content)
    + world quest - if you are not grinding it, you will get very varied outdoor content every day

+/- Honor levels - good idea, but they didn't use full potential with separating PVE and PVP balance
    +/- gating content - it's space out better than in MoP, but still are people that don't like that
    +/- Legendaries - cool bonus if you are super casual, but there should be only around 4 of them, all class (not spec) unique IMO

- artifact power and Legendaries on alts
    - acquiring some skins on alts (PVE one not avaiable on LFR, huge grind for PVP one)
    - random secondary stats on items - very often you will get item with much higher level that is useless to you

If you are hardcore: 8.5

- artifact power has no cap (only hard cap after 54 levels) - it is easy to fall into a trap and start grinding mythic + to death
    - you can't get just BiS item in every slot anymore, stats are very randomized

+/- but you can raid mythic without falling into this trap (of course not in mythic race), you and your team just must be aware that it leads to burnout.

EDIT: And yeah, you should add a poll, you will be surprised how much it can differ from usual response on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    games with better content
    Very debateable, very subjective.

This thread needs a poll
    8/10 till now