Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    You need to upgrade your 910 legendaries. No confusion here. Just because they bumped them to 910 doesn't change the fact we need to upgrade them. Of course we know they were 895 a while back.
    And what does it have to do with what I said? You basically repeated what I said. In your previous post you said all future legendaries will drop as ilev 940, which is a lie. Dont spread false information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    PTR: Distilled Titan Essence - Now upgrades your Legendaries to ItemLevel 940.

Wait, wait wait wait Blizzard! Just 1 second: You have that crappy Legendary system, a lot of ppl complain about, and you give me upgrades, so i can either store them on bank, until i get a non crappy Legendary, or i can update a shitty Legendary that i really do not want to upgrade ?

Wait... WHAAAAAAT ?

source: mmoc front page.
    Source: many months ago. Welcome to WoW, new player!
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    As someone who only runs 5-mans, only clearing raids once on heroic to see them, it sucks having do grind out Nighthold. Why not just up the ilvl right away if new legendaries are 940?
    As someone who only runs 5-mans, you dont need the legendaries at all so why does it bother you? Legendaries start to matter on high end raiding end game, so its perfectly fine to tie their upgrades to raids.

This was released ages ago. They are doing it so bad legendaries are still relevant (as of their ilvl as some people think this way). If you get a legendary from Nighthold it will already be at the higher ilvl (940 I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    As someone who only runs 5-mans, you dont need the legendaries at all so why does it bother you? Legendaries start to matter on high end raiding end game, so its perfectly fine to tie their upgrades to raids.
    As someone who clearly haven't played in Legion you should read up on this new thing called mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    As someone who clearly haven't played in Legion you should read up on this new thing called mythic+.
    Oh, another internet hero knowing better than me what Im doing in my life xD

You didnt say anything about m+. Why would i assume you are doing them? If someone says he is raiding, do we instantly assume he is doing mythic?

Anyway, was the quesline datamined? I dont recall any information about it, besides that it will need the NH to be opened. Maybe its not a grind, but a single item drop? Even then, it will be possible to complete on LFR, so there is that.

Deleted
    How is this quest actualy working?
    You can only obtain one +5 ilvl upgrade per week because its nighthold gated?
    So this means 10 Weeks for upgrading booth legendarys... i dont hope so :P

Deleted
    Happy I got 2 BiS legendary then...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Wasn't that for when they updated them to 910?
    910 was just part one, they are doing this so that the legendaries you have and get later on will still be useful at the end of the xpac.. Pretty much like they did at the end of WoD where you could trade valor points to buy the crystal used to upgrade the legendary ring..

- - - Updated - - -

i dont care about "gimme". i care about useless timesinks.
    Then why do you play an MMO at all or any game for that matter as all games be it MMO's or single player games are all time sinks.. They make them like that to have you come back.. If you did everything in the first day then you would be bored and then complaining of having nothing to do in MMO's or to never play the game again in cases of single player games..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It is so your current found legendary can keep up with later Tiers.

What exactly is the problem?
    They don't want to have to put in the time to upgrade their legendary / gear by the way the OP is going on about it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    It depends how long the quest takes, if its not too long and isn't heavily gated then its ok.
    If it takes 2 months to upgrade an old legendary, it punishes those who already have their good ones.
    ofc it will be ~2 months on average... 50 of those things from nighthold bosses, 10 bosses, probably ~50% drop chance, ends up in 10 clears.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-12-24 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    so basically new players that get 2 legendaries in 1 day (the norm) will be advantaged over old players with 4+ legendaries ?

but everyone knows blizz are stupid so it wont surprise me ....

Know about this since beta. How else are we supposed to keep a legendary relevant for 3 tiers?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Know about this since beta. How else are we supposed to keep a legendary relevant for 3 tiers?
    in that case the entire exponential requirements for 5+ legendaries should be resseted and everyone should start fresh from bad luck protection pov

or all new dropped legendaries should be 910 and upgradable

it doesnt make any sense that new legendaries are 30+ ilevels to old legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Happy I got 2 BiS legendary then...
    Same here but that might actually be a bad thing.
    If anything you won't be able to use your current BiS because any other legendary that drops (or even good WF/TF rolls from NH gear) will likely be better until you can do your upgrades.
    We'll be taking up to 3-4 months to get them to 940 while people who have good legendaries drop after Nighthold can just equip em and not bother with the quest.

What about the crazy people who already have 6,7,8 legendaries through insane M+ grinding?
    Will take them a year of irritating re-clears of NH just to get them to the same ilvl as new ones.

The quest needs to be short (~2-3 weeks) or new legendaries shouldn't drop at 940.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2016-12-24 at 06:19 PM.

Ya ummmm all video games break down to useless time sinks. Mmos especially

It's a legendary dude, of course you are gonna have to spend time to upgrade it. If this was any other xpac we'd still be collecting quest items from Emerald Nightmare.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    Same here but that might actually be a bad thing.
    If anything you won't be able to use your current BiS because any other legendary that drops (or even good WF/TF rolls from NH gear) will likely be better until you can do your upgrades.
    We'll be taking up to 3-4 months to get them to 940 while people who have good legendaries drop after Nighthold can just equip em and not bother with the quest.

What about the crazy people who already have 6,7,8 legendaries through insane M+ grinding?
    Will take them a year of irritating re-clears of NH just to get them to the same ilvl as new ones.

The quest needs to be short (~2-3 weeks) or new legendaries shouldn't drop at 940.
    There's Tomb of Sargeras coming out in 7.2 and the ilvl goes up again. I wonder if ppl with 5+ legendaries now, can even get them upgraded before that. (if upgrading 1 will take 5+ weeks)

Can't wait to upgrade
    prydaz and sephuz

Quote Originally Posted by Majalahti View Post
    There's Tomb of Sargeras coming out in 7.2 and the ilvl goes up again. I wonder if ppl with 5+ legendaries now, can even get them upgraded before that. (if upgrading 1 will take 5+ weeks)
    I wonder if theres anybody with 5 legendarys worth the upgrade. Once you got 2 dps legendarys the likes of prydaz will never escape the darkness within the bank, until in 2 expansions its somehow op in some timewalkin
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-12-24 at 06:49 PM.

You can also hold onto the upgrades and use them on legendaries you want to upgrade, plus the quest is repeatable so... yeah.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

PTR: Distilled Titan Essence - Now upgrades your Legendaries to ItemLevel 940.

Wait, wait wait wait Blizzard! Just 1 second: You have that crappy Legendary system, a lot of ppl complain about, and you give me upgrades, so i can either store them on bank, until i get a non crappy Legendary, or i can update a shitty Legendary that i really do not want to upgrade ?

Wait... WHAAAAAAT ?

source: mmoc front page.
    This was known a long time ago. They also said once Nighthold releases legendaries will auto drop at the upgraded ilvl and previous you have to farm the essence from the raid quest to upgrade your current ones. This could change, but that is the last thing they said on how this will work previously.