Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legion isn't the best while there's no 10 man mythic raids supported also the game full of rotation bots n' PVE and there's a lot of websites gives free trail version for rotation bot with 100% safety. I don't blame you guys but I really blame those botters what's the point of using rotation bot you must play yourself to enjoy the game not to be meter **** and st1 always by cheating because there's new gen of bots gives you max dps.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Honestly, even though Legion is objectively better, I had more fun with WoD. That may have more to do with my own burnout, but I dunno, I just haven't been able to get motivated to play, whereas I played WoD throughout the expansion and the pre-launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    No one mentioned the absolute shit system professions are.

Rank 3 recipes coming from random drops from bosses in heroics or mythic dungeons...not 100% drops
    Rang 3 gathering recipes just being random when you get them. 1000s of herbs later, still on rank 2s

Professions KILLED having alts to be profession mules. For a lot of people that was the fun of the game. If you don't raid/dungeon there isn't a fuck ton of stuff to do...this was something.

I put this under WoD. IMO WoD was way better than Legion.

Like I was telling my buddy last night who wants to come back: "You can but because of the way AP/AK works, you will be 6 months behind others. In previous xpac you could have bought a carry and at least had a decent weapon drop for your level...now you are fucked." THAT is a major reason why this xpac is shit. That and having to wait months for class hall crap to catch up too. It isn't easy to jump back into the game if you leave or didn't come back right at the start.
    My friend started playing a ret paladin two months ago, and I've had mine since the beginning. He's maybe 4 artifact traits behind me now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Having loot drop at set ilevels means you can actually realistically be "done" with farm
    There we are! So the only problem with random ilvl is that you want to be done with the game! You know, there is another way to be done with the game without screwing with rndm lvls which is... stop playing! Why the hell play a game if what you want is to be done with it? This is an MMORPG suposed to have continuous reasons to be online, not Super Mario where you rush to save the princess and you turn it off forever. Don't make another WoD because you want to stop playing. Stop and let others play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    There we are! So the only problem with random ilvl is that you want to be done with the game! You know, there is another way to be done with the game without screwing with rndm lvls which is... stop playing! Why the hell play a game if what you want is to be done with it? This is an MMORPG suposed to have continuous reasons to be online, not Super Mario where you rush to save the princess and you turn it off forever. Don't make another WoD because you want to stop playing. Stop and let others play.
    Yeah, because having achievable goals is a bad thing. Having some time between tiers where you can spend less time on WoW and more on other games is bad, right? Not really sure why you're advocating quitting as the solution to random ilevels, that seems absurd.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-12-24 at 02:19 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    . In every past expansion you had a bunch of grinding to do but after the first about month you would be able to just log in and raid or pvp or whatever you wanted to do..
    Lmao that is why i quit, that is why lots of people quit

if you dont like constant grind and want to hop in and out easily MMOs are not for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP is totally right. The whining over rng loot and ap grind is absolutely ridicolous. We haven't had a better character progression system before. Never.

Legion :
    the best copy of diablo 3, you mean ?
    -the game is just about wq (oh wow look there is the bounty in d3, same thing)
    -mm+ (oh wow great rift from d3), same system for the object
    -anywhere you go you can have from 845-895 object and raid giving less good items
    -legendary drop (oh wow another thing from d3;p) like in d3 95% of them are crap and now blizzard want to nerf the good ones because 95% of legendaries suck hard ?? lol wow the logic is really good from them

so..ar is cancer, range of big ilvl on item are cancer, legendaries system are cancer, alt leveling is cancer (you have too much farming to do on main to play alt)

yeah right the best expansion ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Because it's a system thats completly RNG. Some RNG is acceptable, but this is way too much.
    Completely RNG would be players getting 895 items from hc dungeon as often as 825, instead you do have regulated rng, that you get to experience every now and then. Seems pretty acceptable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Of course that's a big problem in a game where raiding is in center of PvE. It's completly random if you get a good legendary or notand that determins how useful you are. Majority of WoW raiders play to perform their best, but simply cannot because they lost the rng lottery.
    Might add the fact that people get recruited purely based on their legendaries. Even to top 5 guilds.
    How do you explain then people being able to do 90%+ performance WITHOUT their bis legendaries? Legendaries don't determine how good you are, you do that yourself.

For me its Wrath>Legion/BC>Mop>Cata for the expansions I was present for. If legion can keep up the pace and quality for its entire cycle it could equal, or surpass Wrath.

Loot system is fine. Titanforges/Legendaries Make running content below your level potentially worth it and help speed up growth for on power content. Its not like base Ilvl is all 820. Getting all 850 from Normal EN will still get your ready for heroic etc etc. Im sure RNG can be an annoying for the top 1% who may have to fight to keep a dps spot but it's not enough of the playerbase to warrant changing something that's largely beneficial.

AP is fine. See above. I still run a daily heroic and do my LFR as a source of AP instead of doing WQs. Which ive grown tired of until I can fly. It's nice to have an alternate advancement path that isn't tied to gear. The system could use some tweaks but it's solid and I hope we get something else like it in the next expac. I wouldn't mind seeing a weekly cap or something put in place though to make it so the pressure to constantly grind isn't there

Legendaries are fine HOWEVER if they continue on with the system in the next expansion I'd rather see them all be utility to avoid some of the current aggrivations from the player base.

Keystone mythics are one of the best things WoW has done. Good challenge, rewarding loot and keeps dungeons relevant throughout the expansion. It makes working on them less of a sunk cost in the middle/end of an expac. We will still be running the base dungeons while raiding argus.

Deleted
    10 years??? part timer.

The same people who was complaining about nothing to do outside the garrison are the same whining about doing world quest and content outside of the city and how overwhelming is. So far the only complaint i have with legion is how unbalanced are the class are currently with some class doing more than double damage than some others

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    How do you explain then people being able to do 90%+ performance WITHOUT their bis legendaries? Legendaries don't determine how good you are, you do that yourself.
    They determine the numbers you can push out. Someone without a good legendary won't be able to match someone of the same class with double bis legendary, unless the skill difference is astronomus.

The leveling to max level is far too fast nowadays, as well as the initial gear push to get you raid-ready. This is why expansions as of late have subs and activity drop considerably faster than other expansions, imo of course.

World quests were awesome, but now I'm bored.
    Mythic+ was a great system, but now I'm bored.
    RNG loot was fine with the Warforged system, but I think the TF system is out of control.
    The legendary system sounded good, until you got crappy ones and your friends got good ones.

The game is so fast paced now, but I guess that's what people want. I don't know. I remember reaching max level in BC and Wrath and actually having it mean something. Now its done in hours instead of days (or weeks). People want to get max level faster, gear faster, queue faster... but is it worth it when you're bored after a couple months?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    Keystone mythics are one of the best things WoW has done. Good challenge, rewarding loot and keeps dungeons relevant throughout the expansion. It makes working on them less of a sunk cost in the middle/end of an expac. We will still be running the base dungeons while raiding argus.
    I thought the same, but after X amount of times through [insert any dungeon here] boredom is likely to set in. 2 years of doing the same content, whether its dungeons or raids, is still the same to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For some people worst expansion is always 'current', you can't change this. Legion will be rated fairly few years for now, just like MoP.
    Or WoD.

Oh wait. No, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Legion is by far the best expansion ever - as much as it also is the most alt friendly expansion.

/thread
    I like your name. Should trigger some people.

After WoTLK definitely my favorite expac. Been doing the WQ's casually gearing up. I have not even touched most of the dungeons or raids yet though. Can you please give me some opinions on the new instances and the state of lfr?

What I'd prefer is a return of the VP/badge system that gives me a clear path of progression instead of a system that rewards the lucky and even punishes the unlucky with shitty legendaries.

What I'd also prefer is if my class actually remotely resembled the class I enjoyed for over a decade and wasn't a half-assed mess of shitty talents.

I can see why you think it's amazing, there's a lot to like about Legion, but this loot system alone has killed the expansion for many people and it's not surprising to see why. Once you get to a certain gear level you enter that "why bother" phase where everything feels like busywork and gear upgrades are so rare that you may as well not bother. I can't speak for everyone but a big appeal in MMOs to me is reaching that end of the road, even if I never feasibly could...and now that goal is so ridiculous that instead I see my actions as more of a needle-in-a-haystack level of RNG hunt through hundreds of dungeons rather than an enjoyable progression path with an inevitable gear path that, with a little luck, I can achieve in maybe 2, 3 months...and sure the next raid and new gear might be out by then but that path is what drove me.

There's a lot to like about Legion, but depending on your mindset it can easily be worse than even WoD for some. It's not at that level for me, but it's just a damn shame how such a minor detail like legendaries and loot feel like they've tarnished the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Legion is by far the best expansion ever - as much as it also is the most alt friendly expansion.

/thread
    Of course you would say that.

Get the hell off of my main. And most of my alts. And honestly just the entire game.

Wrath -> Legion -> MoP -> Cata -> WoD.

Wasn't around for BC, would have probably put it in 2nd or 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    The leveling to max level is far too fast nowadays, as well as the initial gear push to get you raid-ready. This is why expansions as of late have subs and activity drop considerably faster than other expansions, imo of course.

World quests were awesome, but now I'm bored.
    Mythic+ was a great system, but now I'm bored.
    RNG loot was fine with the Warforged system, but I think the TF system is out of control.
    The legendary system sounded good, until you got crappy ones and your friends got good ones.

The game is so fast paced now, but I guess that's what people want. I don't know. I remember reaching max level in BC and Wrath and actually having it mean something. Now its done in hours instead of days (or weeks). People want to get max level faster, gear faster, queue faster... but is it worth it when you're bored after a couple months?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the same, but after X amount of times through [insert any dungeon here] boredom is likely to set in. 2 years of doing the same content, whether its dungeons or raids, is still the same to me.
    In the old system kara would be the ONLY dungeon worth running anymore, in 7.2 the tomb dungeon would be the only one run etc etc. I'd much rather have a pool of 10+ dungeons that I've done dozens of times before rather than be limited to 1-2. Dungeons are fairly time intensive to create. If they fall off halfway through an expansion that's a lot of effort that is essentially wasted.

There is some neat content in Legion but overall there are just so many terrible ideas that were poorly implemented. Combine that with terrible class mechanics across the board and Legion is hands down the worst expansion. For me MoP was the pinnacle of "modern" WoW and it's been going downhill ever since.