Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rejoice in bm buffs!

Finally BM wont be the significantly weaker spec in raids for the first time in 2 years.
    About time

Woo, let's celebrate about the state of specs before tuning is final, and then another round of tuning before mythic week! Woo!

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, everyone was whining because : no cc/utilities, mm rng, bm boring, sv no survivability.

Nobody was complaining about spec too weak/too strong. BM was boring af and will still be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neverfear11 View Post
    true, bm has no thinking involved what so ever, you just press stuff as it comes off cd and have the right amount of focus going into bw, the spec is dreadful, mm is looking promising with the new talents so im switching over to it.

P.S - watch out mate, bm fanboys like Steik etc will be on your case, they will try their very best to say bm is the best spec in the game when in fact its shiit.
    Hey you're even mentioning my name now. Seriously don't you get bored of making all these new accounts? I have never once said that BM is the best spec in the game but if that's what helps you sleep at night then carry on lying.

Oh, did Blizzard fix Hati ??? Good job on fixing Hati the most broken part of BM blizzard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    Oh, did Blizzard fix Hati ??? Good job on fixing Hati the most broken part of BM blizzard!
    Where??? I see only numbers not anything about Hati

BM is not boring for me. MM is boring to me, cast shot is boring wait,wait,wait 100% more then BM. Problem with BM is only pet path. Just for record MM was lots better then BM but still is huge number BM player think about that.

It's certainly not going to make BM overtake MM as far as niche or playstyle goes- but it's nice to see it getting a little attention and brought a little closer as far as output is concerned for the people who DO play it.

Everyone isn't suddenly going to be "forced to go BM overnight" or anything, but this is nice to see for players who chose to go BM this expansion, regardless of the reason.

About time BM got some love.

Tired of all the attention spent on MM, abysmally simple spec; 1 mob or 1000 it's the same shit, SW marks everything -> Marked Shot = "Ooh l33t skillz"

I'm not saying BM is harder, it's simple as fuck also, but MM fanatics need to stop pretending that they're rocket scientists.

"Beast Mastery

Beast Mastery Hunter: Direct damage dealt by most Beast Mastery Hunter abilities is now increased by 9%, up from 4%."

Is this the buff you guys are on about? Because it's kinda useless.

Every class is having their overall stats reduced, and pretty much every class has received the same sort of buff on similar abilities. BM's still going to be shit unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    About time BM got some love.

Tired of all the attention spent on MM, abysmally simple spec; 1 mob or 1000 it's the same shit, SW marks everything -> Marked Shot = "Ooh l33t skillz"

I'm not saying BM is harder, it's simple as fuck also, but MM fanatics need to stop pretending that they're rocket scientists.
    I assume you can link us some MM logs of you playing near-perfectly then?

I don't see any news showing Hati losing his walking stick

The buffs offset the crit nerfs. That's all. BM suffered a 5% crit nerf which was offset by 4% to only a few abilities. Needless to say, that wasn't sufficient to offset the 5% crit nerf. At 9% it closes the gap, but it isn't 9% across the board. This also has to offset the nerfs to two of the BM legendaries which were part of what was keeping BM usable in 7.1. Then you have to factor in the testing raiders have been doing with MM taking advantage of not only their clearly superior gear synergy (trinket + set bonus), but the fact that the BM set bonuses are shit and will always remain shit unless they outright replace them.

It remains to be seen which spec will be better in 7.1.5, especially with the worrying blue post hinting that reverting the Aimed Shot buff is a possibility to keep Marked Shot's damage per focus superior to Aimed, but the only thing that will be preventing BM from being flatly inferior to MM in 7.1.5 is if Blizzard nerfs MM. It certainly won't be these buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    The hard truth is that BM probably will never be the best progress spec in this addon.

Execute Damage? MM
    ST damage in 7.1.5? MM
    Spread AOE DMG? MM
    Passiv AOE? MM
    Clumb AOE DMG? MM. Unless there are no prio target, than BM.
    Boss/Target moves a lot? MM
    You have to move a lot? BM unless you got the MM Bracers, than you get be MM again
    Got a Hati? MM

And seeing how the Artefact Weapon works out, you probably have to wait for the 8.0 prepatch to have a chance to be BM the best progress spec.
    Take another look man. BM unless things change, WILL be the spec for like 80% of fights in NH. Roger had already stated you'd constantly swap between the two, and that was before the 5% buff to near all of BMs kit.

We'll be playing both, most definitely BM will be used more often than MM in the current state.

Your entire comparrison, is comparing MMS st in 7.1.5 and the rest of what it currently is, vs BM in its current state
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2016-12-25 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saeKn View Post
    BM is not boring for me. MM is boring to me, cast shot is boring wait,wait,wait 100% more then BM. Problem with BM is only pet path. Just for record MM was lots better then BM but still is huge number BM player think about that.
    I absolutely 100% agree with you here. I played BM in TBC and WoTLK then switched to MM up until this expansion. About two weeks into Legion I just realized it was boring as fuck, back to BM and really enjoying it again (except for Hati's disability).

10+ Year Old Account
    So Bm overtakes MM as top dps spec?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So Bm overtakes MM as top dps spec?
    Atm, BM is definitely going to be better than MM on half of NHs bosses. At the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Atm, BM is definitely going to be better than MM on half of NHs bosses. At the least.
    LOL thats 100% made up bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    LOL thats 100% made up bull shit.
    Yeah you're right, Roger doesn't know anything about Hunters. He's a noob.

news flash, rogerbrown set his loot spec to BM (after he has 2 bis MM legendaries) and thinks BM will be good for some fights in NH.

All BM fanboys please proceed to lose your fucking minds.

Reference for anybody who hasn't seen.
    https://www.twitch.tv/huntingpartypodcast/v/108364108