Thread: 7.2 Estimation

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

7.2 Estimation

What do you think the estimated time of release will be for 7.2? Personally I hope April maximum, I really can't see me still playing if it isn't out before simply because beyond levelling alts and finishing Surarmar there really isn't much for me to do that I find fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What do you think the estimated time of release will be for 7.2? Personally I hope April maximum, I really can't see me still playing if it isn't out before simply because beyond levelling alts and finishing Surarmar there really isn't much for me to do that I find fun.
    Well, from what I remember, they said that the .5 patches (7.1.5, 7.2.5) will come out at about ten weeks?(I think) after the major patches like 7.1. So, assuming that's the case, then I'm guessing we'll see 7.2 in around ten weeks after 7.1.5 comes out. Which would put it at about the end of April, beginning of May.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Probably May or June. Middle/end of May seems to be pretty solid. That gives Nighthold 4-5 months.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I could see a spring release with the raid being withheld until after the summer. Would allow them to release more Karazhanesque content without pushing the raid schedule too hard.

it will be on june, in time to compete with ff expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Probably May or June. Middle/end of May seems to be pretty solid. That gives Nighthold 4-5 months.
    . So the world content could go live in march/april and the raid 2 months later.

The raid doesn't have to be unlocked the day the patch comes out. I think 7.2 will go live before may.
    Last edited by Baine; 2016-12-24 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they said that 7.2 will be coming out as guilds are progressing through NH so Maybe April May
    and also that the ToS won't be available right away once 7.2 releases
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    April for 7.2 and June for 7.2.5 + Tomb seems most likely. I expect PTR on February.

Less than 4 months for Nighthold doesn't seem acceptable for a 10 boss raid, but I suppose I'd be fine with it.
    I'd expect june for 7.2 for sure, but May could make sense to me as well.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    They are no longer tying raids to content patches though. While the 7.2 raid won't be until 5 months after Nighthold, 7.2 itself could come sooner. I don't expect Tomb of Sargeras to open until June, but 7.2 itself could come in April. They said that to avoid the problem of new raids coming out too soon, they will be releasing patches before raids. They said imagine that if 6.2 still came out when it did but they waited 2 months to open HFC. Just as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They are no longer tying raids to content patches though. While the 7.2 raid won't be until 5 months after Nighthold, 7.2 itself could come sooner. I don't expect Tomb of Sargeras to open until June, but 7.2 itself could come in April. They said that to avoid the problem of new raids coming out too soon, they will be releasing patches before raids. They said imagine that if 6.2 still came out when it did but they waited 2 months to open HFC. Just as an example.
    What would 7.2 bring then? "Here's a new patch. have fun. The content comes in 2 months..." They can't do that so they'd need to have a significant chunk of non-raid content in 7.2 or it's not worth releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Less than 4 months for Nighthold doesn't seem acceptable for a 10 boss raid, but I suppose I'd be fine with it.
    I'd expect june for 7.2 for sure, but May could make sense to me as well.
    They said at Blizzcon that 7.2 will launch long before the raid in it opens. It will contain the raid content, but the raid's opening can be held back until they feel that Nighthold is done.

They've said that 7.2 will be relased during nigthold, but the raid opening will be delayed

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What would 7.2 bring then? "Here's a new patch. have fun. The content comes in 2 months..." They can't do that so they'd need to have a significant chunk of non-raid content in 7.2 or it's not worth releasing.
    There will be a significant chunk of non-raid content in 7.2.
    Things they listed were at least one new dungeon, more order hall campaign to unlock the class mounts, "challenging" solo content to unlock a new artifact skin, the Broken Shore being turned into a questing area with world quests, a new faction on the Broken Shore, and a collaborative server event where performing Broken Shore tasks would unlock buildings that provide additional rewards and bonuses while in the zone.

They said all of this at Blizzcon guys, it was only last month...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Um, they do. They covered the 7.2 content in one of the Q&A's and at Blizzcon. The class orders will be assaulting the broken shore, in a way that's similar to the Isle of Quel'Danas, where it's a server wide event. There will be a lot of new world quests, both on the broken shore itself, and in the rest of the broken isles where there will be Legion invasions like there were in the pre-launch event. And scenarios to complete the invasion to phase the zone back to normal. There will also be pathfinder part 2 where you can earn flying (they said it won't require the raid). And you'll be able to get your new class mount. So yes, there's a lot of new non-raid content. There is a lot more to endgame than raiding in Legion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy XIV's expansion will launch on June 20th.

Expect something big from Blizzard around that date, as usual.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2016-12-24 at 09:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV's expansion will launch on June 20.

Expect something big from Blizzard around that date, as usual.
    So we basically know when exactly Tomb of Sargeras will open ;P.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 7.2 drop in March/April.......but delay opening The next raid to a later date.

I just cant see Blizz making us wait 4-5 months for another patch....unless they add another mini patch in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There will be a significant chunk of non-raid content in 7.2.
    Things they listed were at least one new dungeon, more order hall campaign to unlock the class mounts, "challenging" solo content to unlock a new artifact skin, the Broken Shore being turned into a questing area with world quests, a new faction on the Broken Shore, and a collaborative server event where performing Broken Shore tasks would unlock buildings that provide additional rewards and bonuses while in the zone.

They said all of this at Blizzcon guys, it was only last month...
    With that said .....it could work March/April drops 7.2 with a 8-10 week Tomb of Sargeras questline (like the Suramar one) leading to the opening of Tomb of Sargeras.....timing would fit.

Deleted
    Can we get 7.1.5 before speculating about 7.2 ? Lots of stuff coming. I know it is on the background downloader, but I doubt we get it next restart, as it is between Xmas and new year. But who knows ?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm guessing just before the summer, late May / early June.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!