Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the only way you're at AK14 if you rerolled then is if you either didn't do AK knowledge until recently or are lieing about when you capped the character, my shaman has been capped less than 3 weeks and he's already AK9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's never 3.5 days, it only goes in increments of full days(5, 4, 3, and in beta 2 and 1, but they got rid of that on live for absolutely no good reason)
    you can still get 2 days, my shaman has them

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    laziness
    ˈleɪzɪnəs/
    noun
    the quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness.

So yes, taking only the "most efficient route" without regard for time is laziness.
    IF you wanted to actually play that toon, you'd have those golden traits weeks before.
    Playing a character that's weak as fuck due to not having traits isn't fun, so yeah, parking it is a pretty good option for skipping the part where you're done levelling but not allowed to play the full spec yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    the only way you're at AK14 if you rerolled then is if you either didn't do AK knowledge until recently or are lieing about when you capped the character, my shaman has been capped less than 3 weeks and he's already AK9

- - - Updated - - -

you can still get 2 days, my shaman has them
    No, you literally can't. My rogue hit 110 last night and has 2 days and 1 hour until first AK level. You can't just look at the first number it says(which will be 2 if you start AK1 now, because it almost immediately goes to 2 days and 23 hours, meaning "more than 2 days and 23 hours")
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In the past I wouldn't have expected big catch-up measures to be implemented early, but the again in the past we didn't have such horribly grindy systems in place that locked you out of not only other classes but other specs within the same class as well.

Granted, I don't actually think that AP really scales your power all that much, but the reality is that other people do, and the WoW community tends to be really eager to exclude people based on silly things like, "24 points? Cool people have 25! lol /kick"
    It's not even just about power level, some traits have noticeable gameplay/mechanical changes that alter how you play the spec, so playing without them means you're playing a mechanically incomplete version of the spec(like if you're level 90 and missing your last row of talents)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I cant reply to all the people out there specifically but a lot of people saying am a lier... am not why would i even make such a thing up.

Tbh there are some people that understand my problem here and i appriciate that... the rest are just ignorant wanting to say their bit like
    .. you are lazy, noob, i dinged 3 days ago and am lvl 20ak, i dinged yesterday and i have 3 golden traits already... whatever. My sub ends in 16 days and i wont renew, you all deserve the wow you get nowadays case closed i dont need any more "help" or understanding from this community, am clealry in the wrong and a noob that in order to play my char properly ill have to wait to catch up to others in 3-4 months.

Is the system bad for alts? Yes.

But lets be real, you wont do 100k less dmg just because the 5%.

Either you have less gear than the other warlocks or they are simply better than you.

Also according to what you say, your AK should be higher than 14.

Yes, you are in a tight spot. However, you should try and find ways to bridge the gap between you and the other locks instead of blaming it on the AP system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Yeah, if they stuck with "da main" and if they played like some no lifers the same crap every single day.. The artifact trees are pure garbage, and that's a FACT. For the year 2016 it's pure shit and a total contradiction of their previous design change for the main talents. Anyone denying that is delusional and a Blizzard drone
    Lets get something straight here. If you sticked with your main which would mean you got 20-22AK or something like that. This means you can literally spam 35+ traits on all of your speccs without any effort at all.

If you rerolled. I've DH that im not playing at all nor paying attention to it and its at AK 17 or 18 now. It would be around AK 20 if i wasn't ignoring it most of the time. Even if i played 1hour per day now i would've 35 traits on it.

Also everything you guys are doing does not require 35-54 traits to do. 27 traits (all golden traits unlocked) is more than enough to do everything you're doing atm. So again casuals are throwing tantrum over stuff that they don't even need.

So if you're casual you will obtain 54 traits over time so stop making fuss over it.

No matter how many traits player has it still won't make you a great player if you don't know how to play.

Mythic + 15 was done without 35 traits
    Mythic helya was killed with some raids members having +35 traits

So what is the issue? Hardcore players can clear content without having extra help from traits. Instead of crying how bad system is because you're not able to get it within day after dinging focus on getting better.

There is no content in wow that requires 35 traits.

And there is freaking plenty of time to get 35 traits for 2 weapons before Nighthold. Even if player just raids Normal / HC also news flash they can be done without 35 traits.

So yeah only issue is attitude of casual. BOHOO i wanna get it instantly and game sucks if i don't get it. What then once you get all weapons to 54? starts complaining BOHOO i don't have anything to do. There is no progression or content to do bohooo i've no reason to do mythic+ anymore etc

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I cant reply to all the people out there specifically but a lot of people saying am a lier... am not why would i even make such a thing up.
    The Classic Chewbacca Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    This is so untrue.

35 traits ain't the diffrence of 100k dps no way in hell it is.

AP grinding is preaty easy.
    And let me start with saying this.

You chose to re-roll and you know the position you will be put in.
    How is this blizzards fault?

How is blizzards fault that some one started 2 months later ?
    Why is every one suppose to catch up so fast?
    Isn't grinding your self to death and constantly having something to do part of why wod was so bad? i mean in WoD u could get geared in 1 day at level 100 and be done with the game.

Now you actually have something to strife for and you make it a problem.

You can clear preaty much all of EN mythic with 350k dps and probably do Odyn mythic and ToV hc with no poblem.
    I see no problem here.

You chose to re-roll now you do not want to deal with the roadblocks in your way.......
    Come on I am sure they are all just under 2million dps and that 5% bump is actually 100,000 dps. No way somebody on the internet is both lying and crying over something that isn't true.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Tbh there are some people that understand my problem here and i appriciate that... the rest are just ignorant wanting to say their bit like
    .. you are lazy, noob, i dinged 3 days ago and am lvl 20ak, i dinged yesterday and i have 3 golden traits already... whatever. My sub ends in 16 days and i wont renew, you all deserve the wow you get nowadays case closed i dont need any more "help" or understanding from this community, am clealry in the wrong and a noob that in order to play my char properly ill have to wait to catch up to others in 3-4 months.
    just because people dont agree that doesnt make them layars - its a fact that for a while alts had 3 days research note so if it true you should be on aK 20 now - unless you are the one who lied and are only playing for 1,5 month instead 2. ( which would make sense - you resubed 1,5 month ago and have 2 weeks left which woudl put yo uat aroudn ak 15 )

Stop farming heroic dungeons, and farm mythics.

The other 2 warlocks in my guild pull around 450k dps on fights while am sitting on 350k dps which is 100k dps lost due to AP. My rotations/gear/spec etc are all same as theirs, potting flasking etc everything the same.
    Those traits shouldn't make those warlocks do 29% more damage than you. For my spec the difference between 25 and 35 was about +6% damage; for others it might be quite a bit more, but i doubt anywhere near +29%.

"A few mythic+ a week" - make a group and hit the fast mythic+ dungeons. Level 7 if you can handle, level 4 if you can't. 3 runs per hour is quite easily achievable with people peaking about 6 per hour on the high end.

Raid clears like clearing the whole of EN normal in 30-40 mins are a good source of AP but if it takes 5-10 hours then it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Lets get something straight here. If you sticked with your main which would mean you got 20-22AK or something like that. This means you can literally spam 35+ traits on all of your speccs without any effort at all.

If you rerolled. I've DH that im not playing at all nor paying attention to it and its at AK 17 or 18 now. It would be around AK 20 if i wasn't ignoring it most of the time. Even if i played 1hour per day now i would've 35 traits on it.

Also everything you guys are doing does not require 35-54 traits to do. 27 traits (all golden traits unlocked) is more than enough to do everything you're doing atm. So again casuals are throwing tantrum over stuff that they don't even need.

So if you're casual you will obtain 54 traits over time so stop making fuss over it.

No matter how many traits player has it still won't make you a great player if you don't know how to play.

Mythic + 15 was done without 35 traits
    Mythic helya was killed with some raids members having +35 traits

So what is the issue? Hardcore players can clear content without having extra help from traits. Instead of crying how bad system is because you're not able to get it within day after dinging focus on getting better.

There is no content in wow that requires 35 traits.

And there is freaking plenty of time to get 35 traits for 2 weapons before Nighthold. Even if player just raids Normal / HC also news flash they can be done without 35 traits.

So yeah only issue is attitude of casual. BOHOO i wanna get it instantly and game sucks if i don't get it. What then once you get all weapons to 54? starts complaining BOHOO i don't have anything to do. There is no progression or content to do bohooo i've no reason to do mythic+ anymore etc
    You're just flat out wrong. In mythic you're most likely competing against other people for the raid spot, when and how other people cleared the content does not matter one bit.

Other than the AP system he is probably behind on the class hall upgrades which have zero catch up mechanics.

IMO the AK catch up should scale with how old legion is. So basic time is 5 days, then after certain time it drops to 4 and so on and so on, with 1 day being the maximum catch up. Seriously, being 4 months into expansion and first AKs still taking 3 days each is too long. While 7.1.5 will make it much much easier, the gate for new players still exists.

New players can get instant AK 15 in 7.1.5 no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks,

So I re-rolled my character after 2 months in legion.

It has been almost 2 months that I've hit 110lvl and I've been doing my AK every time its available, always on time, never missed one. I currently sit at AK14, which roughly gives you about 8k for the 1st hc dungeon of the day.

Any player that has started over in Legion has by now at least 1 spec to 35 traits.

Being a warlock I had to have 2 specs in order to be viable. So atm 1 of my weapons is sitting on 21lvl and the other on 24lvl.

I also must admit that I havent been hunting down AP like a mad person doing m+ all day like other people do, just normal WQ's, daily hc, raids and a few m+ a week.

Now why am I posting this? Because I want to let people know and understand how bad the catch up mechanism is and how much of an issue AP is. The other 2 warlocks in my guild pull around 450k dps on fights while am sitting on 350k dps which is 100k dps lost due to AP. My rotations/gear/spec etc are all same as theirs, potting flasking etc everything the same.

So I am getting benched in the guild and only get called when they have no dps online just because I have not caught up with AP... Although how do you catch up with AP? Do you grind yourself to death? I am pretty certain that reaching a few m of AP when getting 8k from daily hc means I'll have to grind for quite some time.

The system is absolutely awful and its not respecting people that reroll or return to the game later on etc. And even with 7.1.5 and getting AK to 10 and or 20 if you already have 20, nothing is going to change, you will still be gated on AK 10 thought time and its almost impossible to catch up to other people around you. Bear in mind I am not talking about elite players being in top guilds, I am talking about any average player that just started playing legion at start. He clearly is privileged by a big margin.

TL;DR Started legion 2 months later, 2months in now my AK is still quite low compared to others, and reaching 35 treats is currently impossible unless I become a bot and farm for a few weeks all day long. Any average player that has started since Legion release has now 35 at least on 1 weapon, and that results to me doing 100k dps less than others and getting benched. My gear and progression is up to date, I am missing the AP part which is a gated system.
    How did a post full of bullshit and lies generated so many replies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks,

So I re-rolled my character after 2 months in legion.

It has been almost 2 months that I've hit 110lvl and I've been doing my AK every time its available, always on time, never missed one. I currently sit at AK14, which roughly gives you about 8k for the 1st hc dungeon of the day.

Any player that has started over in Legion has by now at least 1 spec to 35 traits.

Being a warlock I had to have 2 specs in order to be viable. So atm 1 of my weapons is sitting on 21lvl and the other on 24lvl.

I also must admit that I havent been hunting down AP like a mad person doing m+ all day like other people do, just normal WQ's, daily hc, raids and a few m+ a week.

Now why am I posting this? blah blah whine blah
    It was your choice to reroll, so why are we being subjected to a big fat wall of whining?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    How did a post full of bullshit and lies generated so many replies?
    Eh, sometimes when I see stupid I ignore it. But occasionally I like to point at stupid and say "hey... that's stupid!"
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    planned =/= implemented. esp for blizzard. an idea is an idea and simply that. they werent on ptr or beta were they? i assume they wanted to know how bad people would get pissed before actually announcing it to be "planned" blizzard has a history of misdirection in this respect.
    by ptr i mean when it was in beta etc. not current ptr
    Why would they implement a catchup mechanism at the start of the expansion, basically?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    New players can get instant AK 15 in 7.1.5 no?
    No, if you have artifact knowledge level 20 on a character, when a new character you own gets to 110 you can buy AK 15 for that character, new players will have to start at 0

Quote Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
    No, if you have artifact knowledge level 20 on a character, when a new character you own gets to 110 you can buy AK 15 for that character, new players will have to start at 0
    No, that's not true. You can buy account bound research comendiums (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144435/a...m-volumes-i-iv). They will give up to your highest AK -5, so if you have AK25 when the patch hits you will be able to buy the level 20 one for an alt.

For new players you can buy AR synopsis (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144395/a...arch-synopsis), this will get new players directly to AK 15. They already said they might want to adjust the starting AK during Blizzcon, and since the patch is rather late now it might be possible they even increase this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why would they implement a catchup mechanism at the start of the expansion, basically?
    Because the whiny babies cried hard enough.
    7.1.5 is still too early for a catchup, imho, but you see the amount of tears that wont.stop.flowing.