Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Legion ended up being a repetitive grind

We haven't even gotten to the tier raids and already the flaws are showing. The amount of grind that legion created puts any previous expansions to shame. Even netherwing eggs wasn't this bad. What we have here is an infinite amount of grind.

Artifact power is something that should never have been implemented. It forces players to spend as much time as they can completing the same dungeons over and over.I'm not even going to talk about legendaries but I will say that it adds to the problem immensely. Artifact power forces a raider to log in every 1-3 day to complete all emissary quests and clear the map of artifact power. If you stop at any point you are already behind. Lets not forget the time gate that is artifact knowledge. Past expansions I was happy just logging in at raid time, raiding, and logging off. It kept the game fun for me and everyone else in my guild. Now Blizzard has forced everyone to play.

This causes the game to become stale quickly. I am in a mythic guild that is 7/7 2/3 and we have had people quit due to being burned out.

Casual players may not notice the problem and why should they? They aren't concerned with artifact power and are able to play the game at their own pace. However mythic raiders are experiencing the burnout. Just these last 2 months 10 raiders have left saying that they are burnt out on legion. I don't blame them. Having to run 50+ mythic dungeons a day takes its toll on a person.

This doesn't include needing to farm gold and herbs and AUGMENT RUNES outside of raid which is another 2-4 hours in itself.

On top of all of this the raids themselves are not even worth completing. The fights are boring as hell (mythic odyn) and bring nothing new to the table. What happened to the quality that was Ulduar? Nighthold on the ptr leaves nothing to be desired. The least Blizzard could do was make the raid fights interesting but no.

What we are left with Is the player feeling cheated and unsatisfied. I'm staring at 3 million more artifact power until my next trait and I can't help but feeling like I just don't care about this anymore.

Its not fun. Its not satisfying. Its a waste of time.

Please mention a expansion where you didn't grind?

Then stop crying and play other MMORPGs that need three times the grinding but offer less than half the content in which you can do your grinding.

The game isn't designed for the 0.0001% god tier raiders.

We know.
    We've known for months already.
    Stop creating new threads every time someone comes to the realization of things the general population of this forum has known since the 3rd week of the xpac.

/thread

WoD: "Waaaaaaa nothing to doooooo to progress my char!"
    Legion: "Repetitive grind"

Welcome to the forums.

15+ Year Old Account

This just in: MMORPG endgame involves grinding!

Deleted
    Seems like you've outgrown the game and need to quit before what little enjoyment you have is overtaken by your resentment and bitterness. Ens your sub and find greener pastures friend.

No.

You simply got it completely wrong. The problem isn't the system, but your attitude towards it. And I find it baffling how many people keep falling into this same trap.

Convincing yourself that you have to clear the map of all artifact power quests all the times is pure insanity. Those quests just keep coming, they're always there. How can anyone get it so wrong? You people are just incapable of any kind of responsibility for your own personal time management, and keep confusing "there's always something to do" with "all of this has to be done". It's just silly and, frankly, your own problem that you've created for yourself.

As long as people are being that silly in the way they approach the game, it's a no-win situation for Blizzard. They finally have some sort of system in place that offers continuous progression and now you're whining. If there was no such thing, you would be whining that you're already back to "log in 2-3 times a week and do nothing in between" and how there's a "lack of content". You really need to ask yourself what you actually want and if there's any sensible way to give you what you want. And if you yourself would even be able to come up with a system that doesn't leave you unsatisfied and frustrated.

I don't mind grinds. I mean vanilla is grindy as hell and I still enjoy it. But for some reason the grind in Legion doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it has something to do with not feeling as attached to my character, its progression and its gear.

It doesn't force anything - AP comes by playing. If you want to push it and work insanely hard for that .5% upgrade, go for it, but it's not gonna make-or-break your gaming experience. Meanwhile, it allows those of us who are slightly sane to always have something to work on.

And gods know in no expansion ever has a highest-level raider burnt out from overworking on things!

Augment Runes are only needed for higher end progression raiding. I'd agree personally there should be more ways to get them, so the prices goes down, but they're entirely optional.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Oh look it is the same OP that started multiple "legion is not very good" threads back in November. Yet guess who kept playing. Nice blog post btw. I didn't bother reading it because the title made me LOL

Every MMO is a grind. WoW isn't for you? Find an MMO where the grind is tolerable for you. Or find one without any grinding. GL
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most on that list is something you've needed to do in every expansion, in one way or the other.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Might as well rename General Discussions to I Quit Legion/Legendary Discussions seeing as that's all that's posted there
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Might as well rename General Discussions to I Quit Legion/Legendary Discussions seeing as that's all that's posted there
    Man you ain't kidding. Sooo many whine threads/legendary whine threads and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    We haven't even gotten to the tier raids and already the flaws are showing. The amount of grind that legion created puts any previous expansions to shame. Even netherwing eggs wasn't this bad. What we have here is an infinite amount of grind.

Artifact power is something that should never have been implemented. It forces players to spend as much time as they can completing the same dungeons over and over.I'm not even going to talk about legendaries but I will say that it adds to the problem immensely. Artifact power forces a raider to log in every 1-3 day to complete all emissary quests and clear the map of artifact power. If you stop at any point you are already behind. Lets not forget the time gate that is artifact knowledge. Past expansions I was happy just logging in at raid time, raiding, and logging off. It kept the game fun for me and everyone else in my guild. Now Blizzard has forced everyone to play.

This causes the game to become stale quickly. I am in a mythic guild that is 7/7 2/3 and we have had people quit due to being burned out.

Casual players may not notice the problem and why should they? They aren't concerned with artifact power and are able to play the game at their own pace. However mythic raiders are experiencing the burnout. Just these last 2 months 10 raiders have left saying that they are burnt out on legion. I don't blame them. Having to run 50+ mythic dungeons a day takes its toll on a person.

This doesn't include needing to farm gold and herbs and AUGMENT RUNES outside of raid which is another 2-4 hours in itself.

On top of all of this the raids themselves are not even worth completing. The fights are boring as hell (mythic odyn) and bring nothing new to the table. What happened to the quality that was Ulduar? Nighthold on the ptr leaves nothing to be desired. The least Blizzard could do was make the raid fights interesting but no.

What we are left with Is the player feeling cheated and unsatisfied. I'm staring at 3 million more artifact power until my next trait and I can't help but feeling like I just don't care about this anymore.

Its not fun. Its not satisfying. Its a waste of time.
    mmorpgs are genre build around grinds - if you dont liek grinds seems like wow is not for you try out some action rpgs. simple.

Deleted
    Guess what, everything eventually becomes repetitive if you do it over and over again, all the time, it's either that or running out of content immediately. MMOs have to be designed that way, I've yet to se a developer create a successful MMO that isn't based on repetitiveness. Whether it's an enjoyable grind or not depends on each player, but you can't please everyone.

If a video game is no longer fun for you, then I think it's pretty obvious what the solution is...

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    If a video game is no longer fun for you, then I think it's pretty obvious what the solution is...
    Make whine threads on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You simply got it completely wrong. The problem isn't the system, but your attitude towards it. And I find it baffling how many people keep falling into this same trap.
    That's one of the reasons why so many things are gated in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Make whine threads on forums?
    Yeah, it seems a lot of people here come to that conclusion.