Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    He done more than make a fool of us, he royally fucked us.
    No, he didn't, he was never in a position of power.
    He did spread lies and disinformation, but the Brit themselves are the ones who swallowed it all and voted accordingly. They are the ones to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    He did spread lies and disinformation, but the Brit themselves are the ones who swallowed it all and voted accordingly. They are the ones to blame.
    Right-wing Americans (tea-party) and Putin are funding anti-EU parties all over the EU. I wonder when more people will wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Right-wing Americans (tea-party) and Putin are funding anti-EU parties all over the EU. I wonder when more people will wake up.
    It's obvious they are, but the ultimate responsability lies in the voters, and they can't just shrug it off and blame others - their own vote is what counts.

15+ Year Old Account
    They want to save us from the evil EU!! Don´t you see?!?!?

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So the US does what's in its best interest? Is that crazy in 2016? A country doing what's in its best interest. The U.K. will still be offered a market just as big as the single market in the EU and without all the inane and random requirements of EU membership. British citizens get to keep their jobs without some foreigner showing up to compete. It's a win win for everyone but the London banks, most of which have offices in NYC already.
    You keep telling yourself that the EU is going to give us everything we want in negotiations. Maybe if you say it enough times, a miracle will happen and we will get it.

(hint: it won't, and we won't).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    You mean the few thousand experts who warned against Brexit were right over random voters in the streets complaining about 'brown people' ?

Who would have thought. Shocked, really.

The UK and USA are sinking ships larger than the Titanic. (dixit multiple experts across the globe)
    Dont worry, we have that £350 a week to cover any losses that we may suffer from brexit.... right nigel?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's obvious they are, but the ultimate responsability lies in the voters, and they can't just shrug it off and blame others - their own vote is what counts.
    Absolutaly, Putin and his common interest partners "the tea-party" are just using the weaknesses of the EU, a stupid population is one of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Denmark manipulates its currency and no one says nothing.
    They do not actively manipulate their currency, they passively linked it to the Euro.
    Basically, they are using the Euro, currently, they just call it by another name.

Deleted
    Pluck those damn red coats to the last penny!

Deleted
    Well the US wouldn't exactly be the first one to try and get a piece of the pie that is the UK. A lot of uncertainty have made the UK a somewhat weaker country that could be exploited in trade or try to get over them in some industry.
    I know that a lot of robotics and industry software manufactures have their eyes close to the UK, since they sit on quite a bit of that industry, and if the UK somehow "slips" they are ready to jab and gain a bigger part of those industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They do not actively manipulate their currency, they passively linked it to the Euro.
    Basically, they are using the Euro, currently, they just call it by another name.
    Its currency manipulation in fair trade the danish currency should rise and their exports decrease and then start importing until equilibrium is reached instead the danish central bank does the impossible to keep it from rising above the Eurovalue, which should have despite the peg, so that they dont loose their exports. Tell me how is this different from what china is doing?
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-12-26 at 02:45 PM.

Assuming that it is truth, would you happen to know who is funding the pro-EU and what interests they have in mind in mind?
    I am not taking any sides, just want to know.

I don't think a "Trump aide" is important enough to listen to. It could even be a Trump trick to get the EU to go easy on Britain.

And if the EU is stupid about the whole thing, I can see the US offering free trade to Britain, why wouldn't we?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Political Allies <> Economic Allies.

Almost every country is a rival when it comes to economy, even when you set up free trade agreements, that's only when it benefits both sides.

Personally, I think the UK's in a stronger position for trade now than before, but then again... the Trump administration's shown itself to be fairly ignorant when it comes to the US, let alone the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Political Allies <> Economic Allies.

Almost every country is a rival when it comes to economy, even when you set up free trade agreements, that's only when it benefits both sides.

Personally, I think the UK's in a stronger position for trade now than before, but then again... the Trump administration's shown itself to be fairly ignorant when it comes to the US, let alone the UK.
    How could the UK possibly be in a strong position now? They are basically at the mercy of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit voters destroying the country for the sake of being anti Muslim. Thanks again.

Deleted
    No fan of Trump here (to put it mildly). But it would be naive to expect the Americans or any one else to be doing anything different. The fact it is an aide rather than Trump himself makes this a complete non-story.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ne...aide-22rkpmfr7

After January 20, 2017 one doesn't become friends with the US anymore. It will be a case of using and being used.
    You are implying any one ever did. The "special relationship" has always been a collective delusion on the part of UK conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Brexit voters destroying the country for the sake of being anti Muslim. Thanks again.
    Brexit was about depriving polish children of welfare payments and Estonians from working at construction sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberal fake news strikes again! Jam-packed with logical fallacy and fearmongering!

Tune in on the next episode of MSM!

Seriously stop creating threads on posting low-effort foreign propaganda. Especially when you can't even be assed to provide direct source. This isn't your blog/newsfeed. If there's nothing to discuss and your only aim is to dick-wave and/or shit-fling keep it to yourself.

Brexit happened. Trump is US President. Time to wake up to reality. Be that thing you tote around so much. "Progressive."
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Seriously stop creating threads on posting low-effort foreign propaganda. Especially when you can't even be assed to provide direct source. This isn't your blog/newsfeed. If there's nothing to discuss and your only aim is to dick-wave and/or shit-fling keep it to yourself.
    It is on the Times website.