Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    would have*, how do you Americans keep messing this up? I say Americans because I literally have only ever seen Americans (and Brits, but they're the Americans of Europe) do it.
    Come on bro, no one likes the grammar police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, if it was Obama again, people would have showed up to vote Democrats in even greater numbers. He would not have focused on identity politics but rather on economics and he would have actually made an effort at the swing states. He would have won imo
    Doubt it. He's past his peak.

He'd have my vote. Would rather him than Trump/Hillary/
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I would have voted for him over Trump and Hillary.
    i still would have voted the same. obama broke too many of his promises and is not left enough in some areas for me he also lacks the ruthlessness to ignore the opposition when needed.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Compared to Hillary and Trump, Obama in a landslide.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Obama...third term?

I dunno....
    On one hand, he's a known quantity, in the latter days, even now, his popularity has grown, Wall Street seems to favor him...
    On the other hand...Wall Street seems to favor him...hasn't been a positive in this election. His term has been a huge disappointment for those looking for true-blue liberalism that he seemed to conjure when he first ran for president. Obamacare isn't at all popular...

I want to say that the race would have been even closer and he might have edged Trump out...but...while I submit that Obama likely would have attacked Trump with his usual flair, and the competence would have definitely scored some points (a competence that Hillary sorely lacked), but this wasn't any "normal" run of the mill race. Just too close to call in my opinion.
    Hillary is more competent than Obama. Look at her children's healthcare situation and Obama's universal healthcare.

One knew how to negotiate with republicans, the other one didn't, and guess which one was good and which one is trash.

Then again lacking competence isn't that bad, it seems that it runs deep in the country if 60M+ people voted for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Obama showing he is a child and will be a nauseating piece of shit as an ex-president. Why are liberals such butthurt children? I hope Trump BTFO his entire legacy and smiles while doing it.
    The same Trump that said he may not touch Obamacare, that won't investigate Hillary, that has gone back on his word about immigration...

I'm sorry, which one is the child here again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Hillary is more competent than Obama. Look at her children's healthcare situation and Obama's universal healthcare.

One knew how to negotiate with republicans, the other one didn't, and guess which one was good and which one is trash.
    hillary would have just kept the obama status quo which is not acceptable for me or worse gave in to one of corporate donors. this country needs a hard turn to the left to save it from it's inevitable economic collapse. the model it has in place IS NOT SUSTAINABLE.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm ya no shit he would have won.

I wish he was able to run again and I wish a president could do more then 2 terms. Its fucken stupid someone can sit on congress all there life but a president can only run two terms.
    No they both should only be allowed 2 terms.

no one should have life terms even the ScOtS

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

I don't think we're on the same page here.
    Competency here is measured by winning people over and getting them out to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...term-president

HAHAHAHAHA! He's 4 months early for April Fools.
    With how little Trump won by, and Hillary being a horrible, baggage candidate, that lacked charisma or energy. With out a doubt he would of beat Trump.

Probably but it helps when you have the media in your pocket. If a republican had been president with ukraine, syria, libya, and isis all happening under their watch all you would hear is how much of a failure they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Obama showing he is a child and will be a nauseating piece of shit as an ex-president. Why are liberals such butthurt children? I hope Trump BTFO his entire legacy and smiles while doing it.
    You mean your definition of maturity is to get into silly twitter prattle with everyday citizens?

Based off of what you have said alone I can confidently say you are heavily projecting. Grow up.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    like the 16 other republicans who lost vs him?
    yes, republicans always vote for the dumbest candidates. Get your facts.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Probably but it helps when you have the media in your pocket. If a republican had been president with ukraine, syria, libya, and isis all happening under their watch all you would hear is how much of a failure they were.
    Boom. #truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No they both should only be allowed 2 terms.

no one should have life terms even the ScOtS
    i'm of the mind that 3 terms of 4 years each or 2 terms of 6 years each would not be detrimental. it would be a better compromise.

Pretty sure he would have too.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

and Kennedy/Regan would have beat Clinton Trump AND Obama...if our laws weren't so specific about term limits and IF we had a way back machine....saving Ronnie and Jack o Boy from Time and the Reaper.

It is nice he is trying to make his party feel better by making up "what if "scenarios so the Dems would still be "in power" reading children's fantasy stories to his team.,
    What a nice guy.
    Moffett should hire him to write a Dr Who episode (Skip Kennedy though , Red Dwarf already did it)
    I hope they can sleep better.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Name me 3 things, only 3, which qualifies Obama to have been the worst president in the History of the US which you can back up with facts rather than link to some idiotic far-right opinion-ed.

While Obama had his shortcomings, it takes a bonafide sheep to ignore literally everything else about his presidency or the blatant obstructionism he faced. Anyone who knows the basic function of google and doesn't turn to far-left or far-right pundit websites can easily tell that he was a great president, a class act, and a model presidential family.
    Who the fuck would give you any evidence to anything when you say, "give me links.... I mean don't give me links I don't like though."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Who the fuck would give you any evidence to anything when you say, "give me links.... I mean don't give me links I don't like though."
    he means relatively nonbiased links and not some bullshit far right leaning crank site or blatantly right wing slanted site or article piece like a lot of conservatives on here LOVE TO LINK.