Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Group finder should not show ilvl

It's time Blizzard do something about the toxicity in the community, and remove the ilvl display on the group finder, as it's unfair and toxic towards lower geared players.

It's impossible to get accepted to any groups as a lower geared player because all groups only accept the 880/890 geared people who sign up.

People don't realize that an 860 can be more skilled than 880 but the 860 will never catch up in gear because group leaders discriminate and only take people who outgear the content to get carried.

I think this would make the game more fair and improve the community.

Who agrees?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol
    I guess I've been doing it wrong, getting into groups with my 855 alt.

If you don't like it feel free to make your own group with no ilevel requirements, I'm sure it would fill up fast.

"I keep getting declined from groups and rather than just make my own group I'm gonna register on MMO Champ and complain"

A+ thread would read again

Make your own group if you don't like it and stop being lazy.

If you're truelly skilled, just sign up and whisper a link to your logs.

The toxicity is resolved by joining a guild, and simply not bothering with pugs.

Then we just go back to the good ol days of keeping the armory handy and looking them up that way. Or inviting them to group, looking at their gear and then kicking them. Maybe even the original gearscore mod makes a roaring comeback.

You might make it a little easier for the undergeared, but no much.

There's no getting around the fact that when people are putting together a group for most content they just want a quick way to select players.

Take ilvl out and we'll be back to meeting people outside a particular place for an inspect, checking armories, or far more linking of achievements. Assuming ilvl isn't just added straight back in through an addon.

If you're behind the gear and progression curve there's no getting around that. People will spot it, and if they're looking to take people on the higher end of the gear/progression curve they'll take someone else.

I'm ilvl 890 when I equip my awesomely shitty legendaries. When I want to knock out a quick regular mythic for a quest I'd much rather group with people similar to my gear level for a speedy run. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but it's what I do.

I have a 850ish rogue alt and haven't really tried mythic dungeons, but I imagine I'm going to have trouble when I do. Dropping the ilvl still doesn't prevent someone from kicking when they see you only have 1.6million health, then realize you're 850-860 ilvl.

At least you can't start a group and ask for higher ilvl than what you are, essentially asking for a carry.

Group Finder is fine how it is. The only change it ever needed was the loot change to PL.

Ether make a group or up ur ilvl doing other content.

(I still feel base Mythic's should be queable).

All removing ilvl would do is force GS addons or people inspect and kick.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by elock23 View Post
    People don't realize that an 860 can be more skilled than 880 but the 860 will never catch up in gear because group leaders discriminate and only take people who outgear the content to get carried.
    The thing is, people DO know, really they do, but how can you tell? Ask them? 'Hey 840 dude are you better than the 875 dude in the queue?', think that through... in a vacuum you use what knowledge is available to you, you don't know if that 830 player is really good and that 888 player is in fact the best player in wow ever, you can just guess with what you can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobel goal, but I don't think that's the right way to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No

Instead they should make it to YOU can see ilvl of ppl u try to join, as a tank this would save me so much time.
    I join some M+ group, just to see they are shit geared, then u leave and we all have just wasted a bunch of time.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The toxicity is resolved by joining a guild, and simply not bothering with pugs.
    Honestly, I've had some really good experiences with pugs and mythic plus. Mainly 2-8, not higher than that. I've been impressed with some of the groups I hooked up with. Gives me hope that the broader community is not as bad as people make it out to be. Of course you will always run into some bad actors, just tilt your sword and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    No

Instead they should make it to YOU can see ilvl of ppl u try to join, as a tank this would save me so much time.
    I join some M+ group, just to see they are shit geared, then u leave and we all have just wasted a bunch of time.
    Even as a DPS this is worth doing. In fact sometimes it's even more worth doing since it can sometimes take longer to find groups as DPS.
    Depending on the level of content I'm just as likely, possibly more likely, to check the leader of a group as they are to check me.

lol the usual noob low ilvl thread, im ilvl 860 i always out dps 880's and im more skilled.

i'm an ilvl 893 ele shaman i've completely dumpstered everyone i've ever boosted in m+, for every 860 beating an 880, an 880 is beating a 1000 860's im bored of this bullshit story of skill, if you're so damn skilled link your mythic helya kill or something otherwise people are smart and they're going to choose people who put more effort into that specific character(yes im aware of alts) and take the biggest ilvl and best class they can because it does more damage 499 times out of 500 and isn't feeling like this 860 is the one godlike guy and the other 10 880's who signed up are all morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    No

this is a good suggestion as well, why can't i see their item level? sometimes i pug a m+12 if i've been busy and haven't done it with guild, i don't really want a group of 875's if i can see a group of 890's like me.

Sorry but people used addons and checked your ilvl before blizz added it. It wouldn't change anything. Also can you blame people? So many people do sub par dps but want to join higher level mythics....

I have never had problems joining normal mythics on a lower ilvl character (830+) its only when you get to 6+ it gets hard so run your own keystone/make your own group for your weekly chest.

By the way you could try doing the gold challenge mode or something and linking that to try get in higher keystones, but other than that really your best option is to join a guild/find some friends to run with.
    Last edited by Runefeather; 2016-12-27 at 12:34 AM.

Link Achievement, or no invite.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Link Achievement, or no invite.
    Don't remind me of the fucking VOA days.

ehm, no?

you'd only be kicked a moment afterwards, why does it even matter? after all for most tough content you'll be asked for achievement

the actual problem is not ilevel requirements (after all if you're not geared who says you should do a +12 dungeon, do a +5 instead