Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodoRealTalk View Post
    Well those results kinda bummed me out a bit.
    Default profiles, like usual, could use a lot of improvement. Don't take them as perfect representations of what we'll be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH ST: 541058 dps
    Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 3T: 871817 dps, 532489 dps to main target
    Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 6T: 1387475 dps, 534169 dps to main target

Tweaking it to be better was pretty simple. The Haste levels in the default profile are baseline so bad that Haste's weight was higher than that of STR. This keeps all M NH gear, so it's still same ilvl and from NH specifically. Tested the aura too and it's still not in, so a rough estimate of ~6% more damage would be 573,518 dps which is a LOT closer than it was showing with the default badly optimized profile. (Speaking on the ST one).
    Also this is with Draught of Souls still being bugged in Simc which will very likely be top ST trinket.

Now change this up so that the profile uses it's actual aoe/cleave dps talents too (2230032)

Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 3T: 922437 dps, 492785 dps to main target
    Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 6T: 1552889 dps, 493048 dps to main target
    Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 6T: 1569344 dps, 513190 dps to main target (2230022)

This is without changing to a possible aoe trinket as well, but it's a big improvement and this is still before the 6% buff as well.

Looks like to me they will be very interchangable, you can do either spec since there's no patchwork fights in NH and their cleave/aoe damage is near the same.

I don't really care what name they use as long as it isn't exactly the same as a previous very common build yet entirely different, like when people tried to use MG for frost this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Default profiles, like usual, could use a lot of improvement. Don't take them as perfect representations of what we'll be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Tweaking it to be better was pretty simple. The Haste levels in the default profile are baseline so bad that Haste's weight was higher than that of STR. This keeps all M NH gear, so it's still same ilvl and from NH specifically. Tested the aura too and it's still not in, so a rough estimate of ~6% more damage would be 573,518 dps which is a LOT closer than it was showing with the default badly optimized profile. (Speaking on the ST one).
    Also this is with Draught of Souls still being bugged in Simc which will very likely be top ST trinket.

Now change this up so that the profile uses it's actual aoe/cleave dps talents too (2230032)

Death_Knight_Unholy_T19M_NH 6T: 1569344 dps, 513190 dps to main target (2230022)

This is without changing to a possible aoe trinket as well, but it's a big improvement and this is still before the 6% buff as well.

Looks like to me they will be very interchangable, you can do either spec since there's no patchwork fights in NH and their cleave/aoe damage is near the same.
    if thats will be true and the specs will be near identical dmg, unholy would be taken by most competitive players cause of more mobility , 2x grips and range dmg.
    If at release everything remaints as it is on PTR, frost is done for :/
    The only advantage frost has, is the instant target switch
    Last edited by mmoc15f6548a96; 2016-12-24 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't really care what name they use as long as it isn't exactly the same as a previous very common build yet entirely different, like when people tried to use MG for frost this expansion.
    That pissed me off to the extreme lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanakk View Post
    if thats will be true and the specs will be near identical dmg, unholy would be taken by most competitive players cause of more mobility , 2x grips and range dmg.
    I hope frost is still gonna be better for NH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

- - - Updated - - -

is 1fight in NH thats patchwerk-ish, kronus(the dps check boss with the bridge)

Krosus does have adds however, Guarm is the closest we've had to a patchwork fight in a while and seeing as people will be moving past it he's sadly guna be less of a comparison point though. However yes Krosus is closest we have in Nighthold for it

Are these sim results using the bracers?

I've almost maxed out frost and have frost specific legendaries. If the two are close without legendaries then I'll just stay Frost as it's what I've invested the most into.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeisen View Post
    For example, the Frost profile uses Convergence of Fates, but from a quick look at sim results, it looks like the Prescience proc is still affecting Pillar of Ice rather than Empower Runic Weapon.
    Fixed. Thanks for your report. There also has been a problem for rogues with that trinket.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-12-25 at 08:46 PM.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Deleted
    So do we know the bis trinkets for UH?

Is it Convergence + Souls or is the Foci gonna be a better Angerboda and beat one of them?

Right now it's hard to tell. Draught is bugged in simc, it gets like 1.5~M damage for 3 uses in a 5 minute fight, where as in the PTR with a CS build 4m + with no setup is more than common. Right now Scorpid, Krosus and Convergence are the top three. (I'll be narrowing sims down more over the next few days as well as adding in non Nighthold trinkets).
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.do7ud8wj1bai

Blizzard should just make Castigator baseline and be done with it. Without Castigator we have no synergy or use for crit.

Frost Leg-Comparison (based on T19M_NH):

Looks like Koltira could/should be bugged. Shouldn't provide less DPS than baseline. Need to have a look...

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Fixed. Thanks for your report. There also has been a problem for rogues with that trinket.
    Thanks! Might also be worth taking a look at Draught of Souls which, as Maxweii pointed out above, is almost certainly implemented incorrectly in SimC (DPS too low and spread over 10 seconds rather than 3 seconds).

Frost Leg-Comparison (based on T19M_NH):
    The issue is Frozen Pulse uptime. Taking Koltira's drops uptime from ~60% in the base profile to ~40%. Not sure whether this is actually the case in practice or whether it's an unexpected interaction with the APL. Re-running the sims using Freezing Fog or Horn of Winter in the second row shows a DPS gain for taking Koltira's over the base profile.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why Prydaz is that high, though. Sephuz, Aggramars and Acherus are all essentially stat sticks in a patch sim, and sim fairly close together as expected, so why's a crit/mastery stat stick higher up than a fixed Preserverance or a Consort's?
    Last edited by Demeisen; 2016-12-27 at 12:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I wish people wouldnt make up stupid names for specs....
    ^
    THIS!!

Ever hear Mooniara on youtube say "Howling Bllaarrgghh" ???

UGH. Maybe its his voice but I cringe when He says it!

- - - Updated - - -

I dont feel Sims should include the BiS bracer legendarys, since most of us don't have them and are stuck with shit ones... but it is good to see both specs performing closely on all fights. We have options and once again

Play the spec YOU LIKE the best!!!!
    <3
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Looks like Koltira could/should be bugged. Shouldn't provide less DPS than baseline. Need to have a look...
    The issue is Frozen Pulse uptime. Taking Koltira's drops uptime from ~60% in the base profile to ~40%. Not sure whether this is actually the case in practice or whether it's an unexpected interaction with the APL. Re-running the sims using Freezing Fog or Horn of Winter in the second row shows a DPS gain for taking Koltira's over the base profile.
    Got it fixed with a small APL tweak. -> OB > HB@Rime if you have Koltira's. But not sure if this could hurt a bit on way lower gear levels. So probably there could be a smarter way to implement it, but I'm happy for now.
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...addc34be239f20

I wonder why Prydaz is that high, though. Sephuz, Aggramars and Acherus are all essentially stat sticks in a patch sim, and sim fairly close together as expected, so why's a crit/mastery stat stick higher up than a fixed Preserverance or a Consort's?
    Prydaz is Crit, Haste AND Mastery!
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=132444/p...cs-magnum-opus

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    I dont feel Sims should include the BiS bracer legendarys, since most of us don't have them and are stuck with shit ones... but it is good to see both specs performing closely on all fights. We have options and once again
    I'm fine with sims including legendaries, but they should be in separate profiles specifically tuned to that playstyle, not the main one. There are a dozen or so legendaries and optimizations can be made for each unique combination.

Schizoide, there is no default profile with legendaries in simc and also this is not planned.

Sure, you can sit down and overtune some profile to get a BiS summary for a huge e-penix, but this is not useful at all as it only leads to shit like "omgz you need 22.3% crit, 27.8% haste and XYZ of other stats" while at the same time no one understands that those numbers do not apply for everyone.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-12-27 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanakk View Post
    Don't think so, frost aoe burst and target switch are way bigger advantages than the ones you listed for unholy, plus frost has the dispel effect on AMS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Don't think so, frost aoe burst and target switch are way bigger advantages than the ones you listed for unholy, plus frost has the dispel effect on AMS.
    we will see... i like both speccs.... but if we will get much more dmg as unholy or if uh gonna do equal dmg as frost nobody will pick frost cause of the strong uh advantages... but i hope frost will stay compeititive

would be very nice if both specs would be good dmg wise
    Last edited by mmoc15f6548a96; 2016-12-27 at 02:50 PM.