Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    American isn't a race, also American is fairly general as everyone from the Americas is an American...so from Canada all the way to the tip of Chile.
    Oh cool. So i'm not racist. Bonus.

Still don't want their kind within my boarders. They're corrupt.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-27 at 03:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let's all copy Canada. Let's thoroughly scan them and only grant access to a very few, very safe refugees. If the big contributors in hosting refugees reduce their intake to like 5% of what they currently take in they should start matching Canada.

Good idea Tennisace.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yes, let's all copy Canada. Let's thoroughly scan them and only grant access to a very few, very safe refugees. If the big contributors in hosting refugees reduce their intake to like 5% of what they currently take in they should start matching Canada.

Good idea Tennisace.
    Instead of transporting able bodied young men halfway across the globe, so they can cower in luxury, why not hand them helmets and rifles, and point them toward where the last gun shots of their enemy were heard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

Funny, we say the same thing about the Chinese.

Good idea Tennisace.
    This sounds reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Instead of transporting able bodied young men halfway across the globe, so they can cower in luxury, why not hand them helmets and rifles, and point them toward where the last gun shots of their enemy were heard?
    How many wars have you fought in from your parent's basement?

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-27 at 03:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

Their kind, so First Nations people? People from Mexico? Brazilians?

Deleted

Good idea Tennisace.
    I think Tennisace was suggesting something else. He probably wants us to look at the ratio of refugees/population. Then we see that Canada has something like a 20x lower ratio compared to several other European countries, so in order to match Canada they'd have to boot a lot of them out.

Frankly I'm appalled and greatly disappointed by this @Tennisace, never thought you'd turn into a despicable Canazi.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-27 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    How many wars have you fought in from your parent's basement?
    My parents don't have a basement. I'm old enough to have children that are too old to be living at home so, your comments are funny to me. =)

Why is enabling young men to behave like boys a good thing, in your mind?

Wasn't Canada's refugee strategy "women and children only?"

It's easy to be more selective on refugees when you aren't so close to the Mideast or North Africa like Europe is. The refugees can take a short boat ride or go through Turkey and they're in Europe. Canada would be in the same disastrous shape as most European countries if they had hordes of migrants walking over their borders. Canada is isolated by geography.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Wasn't Canada's refugee strategy "women and children only?"
    Thats only for public sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No. I would like my country to refuse them all entry
    pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I would prefer to keep this thread about Canada's model which is being exported to the rest of the world. Would you like your country to also implement this model?
    I can send you 400 Mexicans by tomorrow, all they do is hang out by Home Depot, surely you can help them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It's easy to be more selective on refugees when you aren't so close to the Mideast or North Africa like Europe is. The refugees can take a short boat ride or go through Turkey and they're in Europe. Canada would be in the same disastrous shape as most European countries if they had hordes of migrants walking over their borders. Canada is isolated by geography.
    Which is why the cost of bringing them to Canada has so restricted the number we've taken in. Our public sponsorship numbers aren't low for any reason other than that cost factor, so it's a bit silly when people pretend that Canada's only taking in a small number on purpose for some pseudo-racist reason.

If we were closer to Syria without an ocean in the way, we'd take more. If someone else wanted to fund them, we'd take more (and do; that's the private sponsorship system that runs parallel).

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Thats only for public sponsorship.
    Even then, it's not really correct. We prioritized people on the basis of their risk; this meant that groups or individuals that faced extra issues or discrimination got prioritized consideration. That included women and children, yes, but in the case of children it almost meant families; we didn't just bring the mother and child, we also brought the father, and extended families where feasible. It also included LGBT individuals, who faced some degree of persecution in the camps, and so forth.

And all that, as you note, was chucked aside for private sponsorship, which was "whoever you wanted to bring". If you wanted to sponsor your 21-year-old male cousin and his 14 similar-age male friends, that was your choice. We'd still evaluate them, like any candidate, but their being young men wouldn't exclude them from private sponsorship at all.

The public sponsorship system is basically triage; getting the most at-risk out first, meaning primarily families with children and LGBT people. That's not saying there's some intent to EXCLUDE young single men, they're just not prioritized, once we get the more needful into a safer situation, they're still on "the list", just closer to the bottom because they're not the priority; they're better able to take care of themselves. And if we had more money, we'd get through that list more quickly, because it's money that keeps the public sponsorships so relatively low.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Its all good fun.

It's usually just some crappy article and the Ace thinking Canada has done something worthy of a nobel prize. Which is to say, it's on the level with most other MMO-C threads.
    And usually those things are being implied that Canada is on the "cutting edge" of liberalism when in reality someone pops in and proves that they are not which has already happened in this thread. I've proven him/her wrong enough times with backed stats that I'm pretty sure since I'm not an echo chamber and keep using facts to prove him/her wrong, I've been blocked as I never see a response anymore.

Deleted
    No thank you, how about ZERO refugees.. as in economic migrants. If there really is an humanitarian crisis going on, the help has to be unbiased and non-political. Christians in the Middle East are the most persecuted group, then jews and Isreal in general. Why is no one talking about them? Also logic must always trump emotion. If the statistics say accepting these people into your country increases crime rates then they should be turned back, all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I can send you 400 Mexicans by tomorrow, all they do is hang out by Home Depot, surely you can help them
    Huh? Refugees bud. Not migrants. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Huh? Refugees bud. Not migrants. Big difference.
    They are economic refugees, and whats the difference? They are people in need

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Why has this Tennisace poster personally sponsored zero refugees? What do they have against people with brown skin and different heritage?

I can't support blatant bigotry like this.

[Infracted]
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    he doesn't like mexicans either.
    He doesnt like natives either , calls me racist all the time.