Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Claims BFV-giver. Then List-checker.

Turns out to be a common Elf Dentist.

Story as old as time.
    I have not heard of either term.

And I seriously botched this claim; I claimed assuming my improve action on Large would reverse the process without checking my QT first, only to do so and be informed that it has effectively failed. Well done me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well, I was wrong about you Largehorn; you've proven to be town in my eyes so I've gone ahead and reversed my debuff I placed on you.

I'm some sort of factory toy where I can take a player and improve or debuff a player's abilities (the exact results of my actions are indeterminate). I improved Graeham on the first night, though in retrospect that may not have been the best idea...

As for the noises from Palawin's house, I believe he is either the victim or perpetrator of the same action that created the noises from Graeham's house. Will have to analyze yesterday's events and who Jynx was possibly working with before cadting a vote.

As usual, well done protect roles!

Why would you just claim your ability for no reason...?

Why would you just claim your ability for no reason...?
    No reason? Have you been paying attention?

I was ardently defending a person the day before yesterday who in light of recent events looks scummy, and I was dog piling a person yesterday who has turned out to be almost certainly town. You don't have to be a psychologist to figure out the likelihood of me being today's lynchee. Mind as well save everybody the trouble and claim right now.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    So... Yay for killing scum! Now for the main question... Is cult in this sense just another name for mafia this go around or do we literally have a cult...
    I can't imagine an actual cult in this game unless severely gimped. It doesn't look like we had other town killing ability than danners which was very gimped itself. Also Jynx is a red colour - usually mods make it another colour.

Could just be a cult within the group on the island.

- - - Updated - - -

I was ardently defending a person the day before yesterday who in light of recent events looks scummy, and I was dog piling a person yesterday who has turned out to be almost certainly town. You don't have to be a psychologist to figure out the likelihood of me being today's lynchee. Mind as well save everybody the trouble and claim right now.
    No i still think you're being silly.

For one I don't see why you'd abstain Largehorn of guilt either. He pardoned both Dupti and Jynx, then regretted doing so and proceeded to try to lynch Graeham rather than Jynx.

For the record, you and he are my scumreads right now. I just need to decide whether you're motivated by scum alignment, idiocy or bonus winconditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising absolutely nobody in this turn of events, Jynx flipped scum! The crowd goes mild with feigned surprise?

Anyway. I'm on my phone at work so when I get home I'm gonna comb through some posts and see where I end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    Surprising absolutely nobody in this turn of events, Jynx flipped scum! The crowd goes mild with feigned surprise?

Anyway. I'm on my phone at work so when I get home I'm gonna comb through some posts and see where I end up.

Well, I was wrong about you Largehorn; you've proven to be town in my eyes so I've gone ahead and reversed my debuff I placed on you.

I'm some sort of factory toy where I can take a player and improve or debuff a player's abilities (the exact results of my actions are indeterminate). I improved Graeham on the first night, though in retrospect that may not have been the best idea...

As for the noises from Palawin's house, I believe he is either the victim or perpetrator of the same action that created the noises from Graeham's house. Will have to analyze yesterday's events and who Jynx was possibly working with before cadting a vote.

As usual, well done protect roles!
    Are you joking? How is Largehorn proven town? He disadvantaged town to give Jynx another night action?

I'm not the perpetrator or the commotion would have been at my house night 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine an actual cult in this game unless severely gimped. It doesn't look like we had other town killing ability than danners which was very gimped itself. Also Jynx is a red colour - usually mods make it another colour.

Could just be a cult within the group on the island.
    Just wanting to pray since it would have made more sense if it was named mafia instead of cult...

How is he almost certainly town?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Are you joking? How is Largehorn proven town? He disadvantaged town to give Jynx another night action?

I'm not the perpetrator or the commotion would have been at my house night 1.
    In my eyes I wouldn't say he is proven town but it is more likely.

I'm nervous about it being a cult...

Did Jynx even post yesterday?

- - - Updated - - -

In my eyes I wouldn't say he is proven town but it is more likely.
    How is it more likely?? He used his night action to stop Jynx being lynched.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean day action *lol.. Ability

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm nervous about it being a cult...

Did Jynx even post yesterday?

- - - Updated - - -

How is it more likely?? He used his night action to stop Jynx being lynched.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean day action *lol.. Ability
    Well yes he did, but he also ended up using his save dupti instead of Jynx, which inadvertently saved Jynx due to the wording. Is it possible he is still scum, sure. But in my eyes he is more town leaning to me.

Well yes he did, but he also ended up using his save dupti instead of Jynx, which inadvertently saved Jynx due to the wording. Is it possible he is still scum, sure. But in my eyes he is more town leaning to me.
    His ability was to end the day without a lynch. I don't care what he put in his post enacting that power, Jynx was going to be lynched over Dupti at the time. Therefore he saved Jynx.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 80% sure Largehorn is scum.

As for no kill last night. Assuming it's not a cult game, which might impact night deaths, it is pretty likely that Graeham jailed either the killer or the kill target.

Without revealing your target Graeham, do they seem like someone scum would want to kill?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree with you.

Now that you've clained can you give us more info than "some sort of factory toy"?
    What toy and what di you mean improve or reduce effectiveness of night actions?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Largehorn why did you decide to save Jynx on day 2? Did you think it worth it when town needed a flip so badly for info?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with you.

Now that you've clained can you give us more info than "some sort of factory toy"?
    What toy and what di you mean improve or reduce effectiveness of night actions?
    I can agree here. No point in hiding it Valyrian.

I am now ready to reveal the limitations of my role. Although I can use my ability each night phase my character is prevented from showing his face in public until his hair grows back - which takes a longer period of time each time I use it. This is reflected by me being forbidden from posting in the thread for a set amount of time. The penalty doubles each time I use my ability and my bonus win condition is to use it so often that I cannot post for the entirety of a real world day.

After N1 the penalty was set to be four hours, but I can confirm that Valyrian did visit me on N1 and my penalty was cut in half to two hours. My flavour text that night included a visit to a factory and feeling 'energised'. I did not bring it up because I did not want to expose a likely TPR unnecessarily.

After N2 the penalty doubled and I could not post for the first four hours. Again, last night, the penalty doubled once more and I could not post for eight hours. Hence my absence thus far and this post having been typed up in advance.

I used my ability on Largehorn last night and nobody died. Combined with his behaviour so far, Jynx's scum flip and the value of his role I think it's safe to state that Largehorn is very likely to be scum. In fact, I'm fairly certain of it. So my vote, today, should come as little surprise.

Vote: Largehorn

I also want to suggest that if we are dealing with a genuine cult then it may be that scum can only choose to kill or recruit somebody to their cause on any given night. The wording of Jynx's role card mentions the win condition involving removing all threats to the cult or 'outnumbering' the remaining players.

So for the sake of balance - and due to the presence of a vigilante - I do not believe scum would be able to kill and recruit on the same night. So this means that whilst kills could have been blocked at night it's just as likely that on nights nobody died someone new has been recruited to scum's side.
    It also may explain why I am still alive. I expected to be dead today but if my theory is correct then I suspect scum may simply seek to try to convert and overwhelm. It is likely they will resort to trying to forge alliances and sow confusion/distrust. So it may go without saying but I urge everybody to be very cautious.

Furthermore whilst Largehorn should be the obvious target for a lynch today we should not neglect exploring other avenues and potential leads.
    Apologies for this post being all over the place. As a final note for now I'd like to draw attention to the nature of Largehorn's abilities. He was able to intervene in a lynch - I do not think it too bold to suggest that he is very likely to be the 'leader figure' in the cult.

Thanks Graham.

I am lapping up what you're saying. Definitely makes sense to me.

Put it this way - I belive Graeham is jailer. Our doctor is dead and so the jailer is most likely the reason theres was no death last night. He either nailed the killer or the kill target.

If Largehorn is town there is absolutely no way scum would tryu to kill him last night because he would be an easy lynch. Accordingly I'm almost certain Largehorn is scum.

Vote Largehorn

- - - Updated - - -

If Largehorn flips scum then Graeham and Valyrian are relatively certain town.

I don't even know where to start, people truly believe that a scum would appear in the main thread to save a team mate, to then open with a vote on them the following day? Where would the sense in these actions be? And trying to pass it off as "Letting Jynx use their ability one more time" is fucking stupid reasoning. No scum team is going to sacrifice another person just to get an ability off an extra time, that would be retarded beyond belief. I have never heard in my life of a scum role which would require them to out themselves in the main thread too, it would be an ability that no scum would ever use.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say right now I'd probably be most comfortable with an Allowyn vote. She's ghosting through the game (as usual tbh) with very little input, she was very late on both Jynx trains (when the writing was on the wall really.) Right now I feel this would be our safest bet. The other person I'm considering is Listo.

It's perfectly possible that Largehorn had or has another trick up his sleeve. Especially when you consider this particular gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I'm not ignoring anything. All of you pushing on me because "of course multiple protective roles exist" are incredibly silly. There's no way that with 14 people even with drawbacks there are 3 protective roles. It's almost like that's all you have to work with. But please keep pushing on the pushing on the lynch immune player.
    I think it's unwise to lynch anyone other than Largehorn today. His role pretty much reeks of the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a cult and I suspect he may very well be the leader/recruiter. I feel like there's enough evidence for him to be a solid contender at this point and very little that speaks in his favour.

Allowyn does need to contribute more, certainly, but until we deal with Largehorn I don't think a 'lurker lynch' is wise. Nor do I have much cause to suspect Listo. I trust both Listo and Palawin the most at the moment due to their intelligent contributions to the ongoing mysteries and discussion.

I'm very curious to learn Marack's updated thoughts on me at this point too, especially now I've elaborated upon my limitations.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2016-12-28 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I don't even know where to start, people truly believe that a scum would appear in the main thread to save a team mate, to then open with a vote on them the following day? Where would the sense in these actions be? And trying to pass it off as "Letting Jynx use their ability one more time" is fucking stupid reasoning. No scum team is going to sacrifice another person just to get an ability off an extra time, that would be retarded beyond belief. I have never heard in my life of a scum role which would require them to out themselves in the main thread too, it would be an ability that no scum would ever use.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say right now I'd probably be most comfortable with an Allowyn vote. She's ghosting through the game (as usual tbh) with very little input, she was very late on both Jynx trains (when the writing was on the wall really.) Right now I feel this would be our safest bet. The other person I'm considering is Listo.
    Yup. Totally. 100%. Like really?

Yup. Totally. 100%. Like really?
    I wish I knew what you were trying to say here.