Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Saying you intend to force Jews to not live in the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, where they have lived for over a thousand years is deeply offensive.

It's outrageous that after 8 years, Obama orchestrates a cheap shot like this in his last month in office. It's extremely unprecedented for a lame duck to do stuff like this. Bush Sr made sure to get permission from incoming Bill Clinton before he took military action in Somalia. This is a classless move.
    What was the cheap shot you are referring to? Based on what I read the United States didn't vote for or against the proposal.

I think you can feed a dog without kicking it. Circumventing their own role in their own destiny, in some kind of back alley deal with their enemies, is just douche baggery, no matter how you spin it. It's pretty amazing that Obama would do this really. This is certainly not his reputation, even among his worst critics.
    That would be one thing if Israel's government didn't continuously shit on anything that would strengthen Israel/Palestine relations and the goal of a two state solution while brazenly denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Yeah, cause voting on a resolution to admonish an ally isn't a POS move?
    New Zealand and Israel don't have an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    What was the cheap shot you are referring to? Based on what I read the United States didn't vote for or against the proposal.
    MANY sources are reporting numerous witnesses that this proposal was orchestrated by us, and we used the Palestinians, to push the Egyptians to present it, then abstain. I'm shocked Obama would stoop this low over a petty minor feud with a foreign leader. Do you guys for real not see how circumventing one of the two nations in a land dispute, one who you call an ally, is underhanded as fuq? They were given no ability to negotiate in a resolution involving core issues in their land.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-12-28 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    El oh el, good riddance, we still remember that unfortunate Israeli spy, who was flattened by falling debris during Christchurch earthquake.

He was, at that time, infiltrating NZ police database, so that Mossad will be able to forge NZ passports for themselves.

Soo? We don't really care.

If an ally is committing some POS moves wouldn't it be hypocritical to not? Not to mention a UN resolution is by no means "a declaration of war" for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    New Zealand and Israel don't have an alliance.
    Like what, a formal document? They have had relatively close relations ever since the Israeli state was founded.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

MANY sources are reporting numerous witnesses that this proposal was orchestrated by us, and we used the Palestinians, to push the Egyptians to present it, then abstain. I'm shocked Obama would stoop this low over a petty minor feud with a foreign leader. Do you guys for real not see how circumventing one of the two nations in a land dispute, one who you call an ally, is underhanded as fuq?
    Can I see these sources? I've heard about that but everywhere I've seen it has been very conspiracy oriented. At worst the most of what it would be is a passive-aggressive way of telling Israel to get their shit together without being directly involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cash only; exact change. Tips accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can feed a dog without kicking it. Circumventing their own role in their own destiny, in some kind of back alley deal with their enemies, is just douche baggery, no matter how you spin it. It's pretty amazing that Obama would do this really. This is certainly not his reputation, even among his worst critics.
    Kinda like the douche-baggery of going around Obama and addressing congress. I think this move is deserved. They've been acting like incredible spoiled brats, and these moves of recalling ambassadors and crap is just layering it on.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

MANY sources are reporting numerous witnesses that this proposal was orchestrated by us, and we used the Palestinians, to push the Egyptians to present it, then abstain. I'm shocked Obama would stoop this low over a petty minor feud with a foreign leader. Do you guys for real not see how circumventing one of the two nations in a land dispute, one who you call an ally, is underhanded as fuq?
    He would not. Obama is not machevalian. Like all liberals he is a beta buracrate. He is not a leader. He is not a backstabber. Netenyahi is cozyjng up with the new administration and diving America again for his nation's interest

10+ Year Old Account
    Like what, a formal document? They have had relatively close relations ever since the Israeli state was founded.
    No, they were pretty strained after that famous passport scandal, NZ even imposed sanctions at Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    If an ally is committing some POS moves wouldn't it be hypocritical to not? Not to mention a UN resolution is by no means "a declaration of war" for god's sake.
    Yeah, God forbid the Israeli government speaks their mind. Or is that a special privilege reserved for morons on the UN Security Council?
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Can I see these sources? I've heard about that but everywhere I've seen it has been very conspiracy oriented.
    As of tonight's news, spokespersons for Israel are reporting they have documents and eye witness accounts of Arab leaders who were not involved but can confirm. But yeah, until we see what they got, we don't actually know. It would seem like a pretty big leap for them to put that out there and not have it be true.

However, even abstaining, when you know Israel will get out voted, in many cases intentionally by our enemies to punish us, not Israel, is just outrageous. At least enable them negotiate for their own fate, and have a seat at the table. Our veto is important to their very existence.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    No, they were pretty strained after that famous passport scandal, NZ even imposed sanctions at Israel.
    Do two nations ever get along 100% of the time? I cannot believe I'm arguing about this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the onus should be on the "ally" being admonished not to do shit worth being admonished over.

And? That doesn't mean they have to go along with everything Israel does.

Do two nations ever get along 100% of the time? I cannot believe I'm arguing about this...
    yes

but it usually can't be israel because they tend to have their heads up their asses
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel is strong but it cannot stand without the backing of the West. Israel must allow compromise if it evers want to see peace. The Palestinians did in fact get fucked over in recent enough history to not forget that shit. Couple that with the current state of Israel being bullheaded towards the Palestinians and get the current conflict in Israel. Israel cannot get an unconditional surrender without turning the international community against them, and I sure hope the Palestinians don't think Israel will turn over all of Israel.

Hey but if Trump is true to his word, Netanyahu will have the US in his pocket once again in 20 or so days.

If Netanyahu wants to try to prove something (which would fail either way) he could be like the US and completly ignore the UN. Now wouldn't that be something.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

How is it the USAs responsibility to veto the rest of the world being mad at Israel? Furthermore who gives a shit what the UN says, is it really going to change Israeli policy? Is the UN going to march in and enforce anything? Netenyahu is just riling up his base in America to try and get more "greatest ally" money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Israel is strong but it cannot stand without the backing of the West. Israel must allow compromise if it evers want to see peace. The Palestinians did in fact get fucked over in recent enough history to not forget that shit. Couple that with the current state of Israel being bullheaded towards the Palestinians and get the current conflict in Israel. Israel cannot get an unconditional surrender without turning the international community against them, and I sure hope the Palestinians don't think Israel will turn over all of Israel.

Hey but if Trump is true to his word, Netanyahu will have the US in his pocket once again in 20 or so days.

If Netanyahu wants to try to prove something (which would fail either way) he could be like the US and completly ignore the UN. Now wouldn't that be something.
    Oh Bullshit, Iran and Saudi Arabia will always hate each other more than they will ever hate Israel.

Sensational header behind a paywall, as honest as your typical clickbait.

Anyway, closing down the embassy or even an ambassador recall is more or less an acceptable diplomatic response over such things and nothing out of ordinary.