Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Former top guild Nihilum done raiding

https://mobile.twitter.com/RikhGamin...53609549070336

I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.

I hope the link works as I am posting this from my phone. If it doesn't work, you can just look up Rikh's Twitter page, who is the top mage in their guild and also a popular twitch streamer.

Edit: Thank you @Swordfish Trombone for finding the longer explanation posted by Treckie: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spfqhm
    Last edited by Trapped; 2016-12-28 at 10:28 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK cool?

So how many people are going to use this as confirmation bias as to their "OMG LEGUN IS DA WORSSSTT!!"

how the fuck is this worth posting a thread about?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    OK cool?

So how many people are going to use this as confirmation bias as to their "OMG LEGUN IS DA WORSSSTT!!"
    One guild stopping raiding does not confirm nor deny anything about the game, it is just information. I think it is an indication of an ongoing trend in the game, however. People are leaving in droves, whether you want to admit it or not, and it comes as no surprise to me when a good guild is struggling to fill a 20 man roster with capable players went so many people are leaving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RikhGamin...53609549070336

I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.

I hope the link works as I am posting this from my phone. If it doesn't work, you can just look up Rikh's Twitter page, who is the top mage in their guild and also a popular twitch streamer.
    so some random guild that achieved nothing quit game and we should care because ?

Awesome! This is a great time for the struggling US raiding scene to finally take over the ranks in NH!

rip nihilum the meme guild

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so some random guild that achieved nothing quit game and we should care because ?
    Yea, the original best guild stops raiding cause they can't fill a roster. nbd.

Deleted
    The generation hardcore is decreasing since years. Newcomers are rare in that scene, especially for more than one or two races. For oldsql plebs its pretty hard to find good ppl witb the same mentality in these days. The pinnacle of hardcore raid giulds is over since a long time.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-28 at 07:32 AM.

well they were world 15 just last tier, so I would say that is achieving 'something'. they also streamed progression and a lot of people enjoyed watching them and rikh raid. So I think it is news and worthy of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Burn in hell, Kungen.
    Oh do share the drama.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    This shouldn't have surprised anyone. When players who have moved on from wow come back. It doesn't take long for them to remember why they quit in the first place.
    I knew this wasn't going anywhere when they said they were reforming the guild.

When you go from being top20 every tier to average100 it means more or less you are done. also wasnt the latest nihilum just twitch chat raiders which Kungen put together?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let me take you back... while some of ya'll were in diapers still.

http://web.archive.org/web/201602090...firsts#vanilla

I enjoyed the races back then. (was a Death and Taxes fanboy) lol

Nihilum Merged with SK, formed Ensidia, which stomped WOTLK content. They kinda fell apart after I think. I remember pushing W1 H Garajal with Duality (lost that one) and watching streams of Kungen cobbling together runs at that time in MOP when I quit. by then I think it was already long over for them.
    They had a strong run through the hardest raiding years of the game IMO, ( AQ40 Naxx and TBC) Then after the merge dominated another xpack.

Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Yea, the original best guild stops raiding cause they can't fill a roster. nbd.
    again doesnt ring any bells - seems like some dinosaur from the past that nobody cares about anymore - you still didnt answear why should we care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Let me take you back... while some of ya'll were in diapers still.

http://web.archive.org/web/201602090...firsts#vanilla

I enjoyed the races back then. (was a Death and Taxes fanboy) lol

Nihilum Merged with SK, formed Ensidia, which stomped WOTLK content. They kinda fell apart after I think. I remember pushing W1 H Garajal with Duality (lost that one) and watching streams of Kungen cobbling together runs at that time in MOP when I quit. by then I think it was already long over for them.
    They had a strong run through the hardest raiding years of the game IMO, ( AQ40 Naxx and TBC) Then after the merge dominated another xpack.

Thanks for the memories.
    and this influenced your life how ? so some random players played and stoped playing - and nobody will rememebr them which means they just wasted time

Was a good stream to watch to see some progress mythic raiding for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    well they were world 15 just last tier, so I would say that is achieving 'something'. they also streamed progression and a lot of people enjoyed watching them and rikh raid. So I think it is news and worthy of a thread.
    nobody cares about anyone besides top 3 - and i can bet you that most people in game wouldnt know who was world's first anyway - nothing gained nothing lost - there are thousands of others guild that are no different then this one. theres no difference between world 4th and world 1000th - neither will be missed by anyone but guildmembers of that guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't know or care who Nihilum and Kungen are why even bother to post?

again doesnt ring any bells - seems like some dinosaur from the past that nobody cares about anymore
    So you're either proudly ignorant, or a newer player who's not familiar with the history of the game (which is fine).

- you still didnt answear why should we care.
    Yet here you are, posting in this thread.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.