Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Odyn is probably my least favorite character in legion. He's just a douche, Why are we even helping him again?

I'd rather side with Helya, who's hate is justified.
    Agree with this one. Odyn is just badly written character, the more you think about it the less it makes sense..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    Agree with this one. Odyn is just badly written character, the more you think about it the less it makes sense..
    So he fits right in with the general WoW lore?

OT: I doubt he would care much.

The reason we help him, is that unlike Helya he offers help and he is hiding his vicious nature behind a facade. Much of what we know about him is unknown to those ingame

Odyn is not badly written, what is bad is Blizzard trying to tell us "you are supposed to like this guy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Odyn is not badly written, what is bad is Blizzard trying to tell us "you are supposed to like this guy".
    The problem is that he is talking. If he just kept quiet, those sweet pecs and "hot" beard would be enough to make him ok character.

Deleted
    No. Because there is No connective story. had it been RPG yes, but wow is now truly just an MMO without RPG with lore in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was not only Helya, she was merely the first, in the very beginning the Vrykul did not want to join his army. He brainwashed the entire race over the centuries and it is precisely why so many rebelled against him, when loken offered them a way out. Which led to the creation of helheim and the formation of the spirit healers and again he enslaved someone as punishment for all eternity, so yeah Odyn at the end of day is as rotten as Bolvar and Sylvanas.
    So far Odyn raised a lot of valkyrs against their will, that is not what i denied but the valkyr were divided by 3 groups, one goes to halls of valor still loyal to odyn, others with helya and a minor group goes to the world helping some heroes to evade death and guiden throw the shadow land to the realm of the living

Where is it mentioned Helya sends out Kvaldir to specifically kill Vrykul for trying to figure out Odyn betrayed her and condemned her to undeath?
    Here:http://wow.gamepedia.com/Saga_of_the_Valarjar

PART SEVEN

Over several millennia, Helya claimed as many souls of slain vrykul as she could, and her ranks of Kvaldir--corrupted, undead vrykul--continued to swell.

Helya began to go after the souls of not just the heroic vrykul dead but also the living. Any vrykul who seemed poised to learn the truth about the conflict between Helya and Odyn became a target, and she had her Kvaldir slay them with ruthless efficiency.
    She started to raise her own champions, the Helarjar of Helheim, and she had them search Azeroth for her enemies.

Considering even ordinary Val'kyr can spawn lesser ones, with the ability to resurrect that seems extremely unlikely. It seems to depend far more on how powerful an individual had been in life, which is why Helya is so strong.
    We have already see the originals valkyr in the helheim which are identical to the valkyrs created by the lich king and the others who had become healer spirits have a different appearance but are still using shadow magic unlike the new generation of valkyr which seems to use the light as a main resource, so the process to created have changed and are very diferent both versions like the death knights of the orgrim horde and the death knights of the scourge

"In Norse mythology, Huginn (from Old Norse "thought") and Muninn (Old Norse "memory" or "mind") are a pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring information to the god Odin."

Odyn has the ravens. I doubt much happens without Odyn knowing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I don't think he really cares about her.

But that's just me..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No. Because there is No connective story. had it been RPG yes, but wow is now truly just an MMO without RPG with lore in the background.
    You think a titan keeper should care about a lady that failed her immortality quest, while helya herself is dead by our hands? No...

Besides, if she does try to attack odyn on stormheim grounds, she wouldn't even be close towards passing us...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I don't think he really cares about her.

But that's just me..

- - - Updated - - -

You think a titan keeper should care about a lady that failed her immortality quest, while helya herself is dead by our hands? No...

Besides, if she does try to attack odyn on stormheim grounds, she wouldn't even be close towards passing us...
    Well I think right now is more interesting to deal the legion rather than killing some leaders of a faction which have 0 knowledge about him, after his imprisioment maybe now plays a more subtle manner and instead of killing the leader, he would want to gain the love from the citizen of the horde and alliance with the idea of live forever as a inmortal titan machine and the get ride of the leaders, something like a cult leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    "In Norse mythology, Huginn (from Old Norse "thought") and Muninn (Old Norse "memory" or "mind") are a pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring information to the god Odin."

Odyn has the ravens. I doubt much happens without Odyn knowing.
    Oh and im sure alot happens without him not knowing. In the end he is ignorant self-absorbed jackass....who needs to outsource people to deal with his sex-abuse victim. And those people aren't even lawyers. He isnt even a man anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    As horde I just see it as our character was set on a trial by odyn, and whatever shit Sylvanas was doing wasn't part of our quest. In the end she used the player character for her own ends, so accusing the horde player of treachery isn't a reasonable conclusion. Maybe Odyn realizes this however, and judges a person on character and not association
    #boycottchina

Well, we are the Horde first and foremost, so I wouldnt call it 'using' us, but rather us being loyal to our warchief, much like Nazgrim was loyal to Garrosh.

I wonder what will be Odyn's reaction after visiting Ulduar. What does he expect to see here?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well, we are the Horde first and foremost, so I wouldnt call it 'using' us, but rather us being loyal to our warchief, much like Nazgrim was loyal to Garrosh.

I wonder what will be Odyn's reaction after visiting Ulduar. What does he expect to see here?
    Odyn literally says he's going to Ulduar to see the other Keepers...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Odyn literally says he's going to Ulduar to see the other Keepers...
    Probably he would be dancing and yelling: I TOLD YOU! THE MORTALS ARE LESSERS CREATURES.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    In the warrior campaign you defend Ulduar from the Burning Legion and recruit Thorim and Hodir to join you in the Halls of Valor, so Odyn's probably got a pretty good idea of what to expect when he arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odyn has no ill will towards Sylvanas. In fact, one of Odyn's world quests takes the Horde player to Stormheim to slaughter the Alliance worgens who are attacking Sylvanas' camp. In the story line this takes place after Sylvanas' deal with Helya. Odyn just wants to see blood spilled on battlefield, doesn't matter who it belongs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Odyn has no ill will towards Sylvanas. In fact, one of Odyn's world quests takes the Horde player to Stormheim to slaughter the Alliance worgens who are attacking Sylvanas' camp. In the story line this takes place after Sylvanas' deal with Helya. Odyn just wants to see blood spilled on battlefield, doesn't matter who it belongs to.
    Yeah but the alliance version of that quest is also about killing a lot of forsaken to just entertain the guy, unless she really do something really bad to him, he wouldn't care about the actions of the leaders of the factions of azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yeah but the alliance version of that quest is also about killing a lot of forsaken to just entertain the guy, unless she really do something really bad to him, he wouldn't care about the actions of the leaders of the factions of azeroth
    His basic position with regards to the Horde and Alliance seems to be "go kill those people you were probably going to kill anyway because they're already your enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    His basic position with regards to the Horde and Alliance seems to be "go kill those people you were probably going to kill anyway because they're already your enemies."
    Pretty much this, but then again that maybe is just a gameplay thing and is not necessary canon