Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Last thing I heard about them was back in TBC, but that was becasue they were interviewed and admitted to buying gold to buy mats to make pots and elixirs. No ban, but shortly after that we had guardian and battle categories and could only use one of each.
    Sound decision and I hope they more often change the game if abuse cases arise than just leave it be (and ban or not ban, whatever).

If the optimal way to play is something awfully cumbersome, they should change the game. Like the current idea Exorsus shared (and I'm sure other top guilds kept same thing in mind) that it's better to level many, many characters, farm 2 legendaries on each and see what you get rather than keep farming on main due to diminishing returns on droprates (each consecutive legendary takes on average double the effort than the previous one so if you have 2-3 bad ones might as well shelf the char).

This could be remedied by a simple change - each legendary pity timer has the same strength. In that way continuing on a char with bad ones actually increases your chance to get good ones in comparison to a fresh char (as you can't get duplicates according to Blizzard), and if you happened to have your main spec nerfed you aren't completely screwed to the point of having to create a new mage / rogue / warrior / dk etc. because now you have even less chances to get legendaries for your new spec.

A lot of needless hate ITT.

What resonated for me was how the raiding meta is squeezing the life out of people who previously enjoyed progression.

In Legion, most of your gear and character progression happens outside of raid. It sucks if that's not the value you derived from the game.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Sometime in Panda, Kungen reformed Nihilum as a casual raiding guild. Once, during daily quests, I saw this mage with Nihilum on it and I said to myself "I'm gonna fuck this fucker up". I had terrible gear but I unleashed everyfuckingthing on him, pets, stampedes, dire motherfucking beasts etc he couldn't believe wtf was happening because "world pvp is dead" (it really is and was lol) so he kinda died lol. Then he quickly came back, angry as fuck, but I just loled from my flying mount. Oh, the memories...

They were done a long time ago.

Ps. Wow so many people do not know Nihilum. I did NOT expect that!
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-12-28 at 04:08 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well they aren't top 100 now, exactly 100 guilds on wow progress are 7/7 3/3 M as of posting

M: Helya 100 (0.21%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RikhGamin...53609549070336

I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.

I hope the link works as I am posting this from my phone. If it doesn't work, you can just look up Rikh's Twitter page, who is the top mage in their guild and also a popular twitch streamer.

Edit: Thank you @Swordfish Trombone for finding the longer explanation posted by Treckie: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spfqhm
    "all the people leaving the game"

This "hate wow" thing on mmo champion lately is sad, really shows how shit this websites community is becoming.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    So next expac should i expect kungen coming back to live WoW restarting the guild for a month before leaving again? Then go on to state how Old wow was way better.

Meh guilds quitting suck for the people in that guild. The rest of the wow population just moves on like nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    "all the people leaving the game"

This "hate wow" thing on mmo champion lately is sad, really shows how shit this websites community is becoming.
    if lately is the last several years, then sure. lately :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    if lately is the last several years, then sure. lately :P
    Well, it wasnt good before, but in Legion people are hating SO much harder calling it just as bad as WoW.

Why?

because they dont like the rng.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I guess I just feel that a guild that's been around for 12 years.. they've earned the right to quit in peace lol. I'm sure founding members will see this thread and go.. wtf are people talking about.

The games obviously not the same as it was in classic when Nihilum was Boss or TBC, etc - But tbh, I haven't heard of Nihilum SINCE Classic/TBC... Now lets say the guild name is an Actual top end year by year by year raiding guild (Like top 20 world consistent) - sure a thread could at least be made that they dissolved etc.
    Well not sure what you mean "consistent" but they were #21 t17 and #15 t18 - i.e. the modern 20-man mythic era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    not very significant, guild was in a mess the past years

shit is gonna be good tho when serenity or one of the other top 3 guilds disband

im exicted to hear the reasoning then, maybe something like they quit because legion was too good kappa
    Oh I can't wait for Method or Serenity to disband one day. Forum is gonna be full of fanboys from both sides shit flinging at each other and it is going to be brilliant to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because god forbid someone is critical of a product in this day and age! These days you can't say one mean word about WoW or most games without the fanboys jumping at you like a pack of rabid hyenas.

I hear that. Its so terrible that you can't give any sort of feedback for a game without having five people explode at you for not liking everything about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really understood the competitive raiding scene, but people do not understand how I enjoy fantasy football. At least I win $1000 for the Superbowl. What do you get for being world 71st Mythic kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    By that same logic nothing you do in life matters either. Because I can guarantee no one will remember you.
    ofcthey wont - just like in 20 years when N-version of star wars will come out nobody will remmeebr who carrie fisher was even though today people are freaking out - in grand scheme of things unless you will end up as emperor or super cruel dictator conquering many coutries nobody will rememebr your name too. thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Never really understood the competitive raiding scene, but people do not understand how I enjoy fantasy football. At least I win $1000 for the Superbowl. What do you get for being world 71st Mythic kill?
    really good wank that night maybe ? dunno be cause certainly not $

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Well not sure what you mean "consistent" but they were #21 t17 and #15 t18 - i.e. the modern 20-man mythic era.
    Ahh gotcha, I didn't notice that, nice info. I know those guys/gals were leaps and bounds better than me at pve - I just didn't think they were the insane top level guild they were in the beginning, but again - I didn't know they were progressing that well in T17/18 damn

Weren't those shmucks done years ago?

Oh well. In other news, George Michael, Lemmy, David Bowie, Carrie Fisher died, Aleppo is burning, but hey, what a bummer in the last days of 2016!

I miss when 10 man raiding was a thing .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

The days of people staying subbed year round are gone, and those days have been gone for a lot longer than most people try to claim. It started happening in Cata, hence the 12 month sub reward of getting D3 for free. Only reason why we haven't seen something like that, since the problem of people only subbing for a couple months at a time still exists, is because a crap ton of people abused the system and did chargebacks on that 12 month sub commitment. And due to various consumer laws in certain countries, many were never punished with bans or got their copy of D3 revoked. Others just caused a big enough stink that Blizzard let them out of the commitment.

And for the last 5+ years, the habit has remained the same. People sub, consume content, and leave. There is no one cause of this, at least in game. It largely has to do with a player base that has evolved significantly over the last 12+ years. Old players who played in those more hardcore days of Vanilla through WotLK are older and have RL responsibilities that go with that. The younger generation that has discovered the game over the last 6-8 years has never been the kind of hardcore player where a single game can capture their wallet and attention year round

And no, the 20 man roster has nothing to do with any of that. Hardcore raiding, the race for the world first, always centered around 25 Heroic before Mythic ever showed up. Far easier to maintain a 20 man roster than it is a 25 man one. Sure some guilds intentionally dropped to 10 man when Cata tried to make 10 and 25 equal, but that experiment failed. Miserably. 25 man not rewarding better gear was never well received by the masses, especially most of those top hardcore guilds. 25 man always remained more difficult, so it not offering better rewards upset a lot of people.
    I mean, I was one of those people. To be honest, the whole chargeback thing wasn't an abuse, there was never a content draught quite as lenghty as the one in cata, specially when they promised there wouldnt be a year long end-tier like ICC. Blizzard basically scammed people, making them subscribe for a year when they knew no new content was going to be released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Let me take you back... while some of ya'll were in diapers still.

[url]
    They had a strong run through the hardest raiding years of the game IMO, ( AQ40 Naxx and TBC) Then after the merge dominated another xpack.

Thanks for the memories.
    This is where I started laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Some people just aren't competitive.