Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I hardly know her.

If I get it right, she's pretty much only known for that one role on Star Wars so long ago?
    No offense but storm trooper guy in helmet still charges £15 for a signature. Being in original star wars is enough it doesnt matter how long ago it was. She was in a handful of other stuff but none of it really matters.

I was quite shocked after I saw the news yesterday Eh, she was still quite young. Rest in peace, Princess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No offense but storm trooper guy in helmet still charges £15 for a signature. Being in original star wars is enough it doesnt matter how long ago it was. She was in a handful of other stuff but none of it really matters.
    Yeah I mean I see that some people really like those movies so I guess you can milk that for the rest of your life

What the.. another one?

2016 has just been devastating. First all the deaths and then Drumph becoming president...

We let our guard down. We thought she was safe. We were wrong.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The count is at 7, for the last 7 days now.

Vera Rubin - Scientist (helped with the discovery of dark matter)
    George Michael - Singer (Wham and solo)
    Rick Parfitt - Guitarist (Status Quo)
    Za Za Gabor - Actress
    Richard Adams - Author
    Liz Smith - Actress
    Ricky Harris - Comedian
    Good to see Richard Adams noticed.

I re-read Watership Down at least once a year.

Seems appropriate here:

Hurr durr 2016 sucks cause some fat old cokehead died way after she should have and cuz Star Wars.

I can't wait for this reddit year to be over.

I hardly know her.

If I get it right, she's pretty much only known for that one role on Star Wars so long ago?
    She was in alot of stuff. She was in Jay and Silent Bob strike back.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    She was in alot of stuff. She was in Jay and Silent Bob strike back.
    Oh yeah, that movie.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yeah, that movie.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    She was also in Family guy and alot of other stuff. Here's her imdb page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Sadly stable can mean a lot of different things.

My guess is her heart attack weakened other arteries in her heart. The full autopsy will explain it all I'm sure though.
    From what I hear, they were discussing removing life support when her heart stopped anyway. This means she was brain dead or close to it. This is not surprising, since she had been undergoing CPR on the plane (and after landing) for more than 15 minutes, and the chance of a good neuro outcome after that is maybe 1%.

One thing that can happen several days after a serious heart attack is the heart can actually rupture, btw. Perhaps that's what happened at the end there. Or the underlying cause of the first cardiac arrest (we don't actually know if it was a heart attack) just manifested again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    From what I hear, they were discussing removing life support when her heart stopped anyway. This means she was brain dead or close to it. This is not surprising, since she had been undergoing CPR on the plane (and after landing) for more than 15 minutes, and the chance of a good neuro outcome after that is maybe 1%.

One thing that can happen several days after a serious heart attack is the heart can actually rupture, btw. Perhaps that's what happened at the end there. Or the underlying cause of the first cardiac arrest (we don't actually know if it was a heart attack) just manifested again.
    Yep and my guess is that it was one of those two. The strain put on your other blood vessels can usually be enough to cause other failure. Especially in someone who had notably various drugs in her past. All that does is weaken your heart.

It's certainly a sad affair. Because like you said she was going to have some major brain damage regardless. Even if CPR is done correctly the air getting to you often times isn't enough to keep your brain fully functioning.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I saw a digital billboard this morning on my drive to work. It said something along the lines of "There is a great disturbance in the force" and it had a picture of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia. Thought that was interesting. I feel like you don't usually see stuff like that when celebrities die.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I saw 15 mins CPR I was very dubious. No appeal to authority but I'm an icu nurse and I've seen enough people with less downtime braindead. Of course I've seen the opposite too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Hurr durr 2016 sucks cause some fat old cokehead died way after she should have and cuz Star Wars.

I can't wait for this reddit year to be over.
    Whoa buddy, watch where you are pointing that edge. Might hurt someone.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Whoa buddy, watch where you are pointing that edge. Might hurt someone.
    "2016 worse year ever" 1665 lost 1/3 of the world to the plague. Stop crying of celebrity deaths.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-12-28 at 06:38 PM.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    "2016 worse year ever" 1665 lost 1/3 of the world to the plague. Stop crying of celebrity deaths.

Stop telling people what to be sad about? Also.. the plague fkn lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, people can mourn who they wish. Who are you to tell anyone else what someone meant to them?

Oh, right...you are the kind of person to walk into a memorial thread and bash the recently deceased, and mock those who want to share their memories and love for this person. Real classy..
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

"2016 worse year ever" 1665 lost 1/3 of the world to the plague. Stop crying of celebrity
    Can we have mods in here? This is beyond morbid at this point.