Windburst has a slower travel time than Aimed shot

Noticed this while on M Helya progression. If you are standing 36+ yards with an LNL proc, your Aimed shot will hit before Windburst hits/applies vulnerable debuff.

Anyone else notice this?

Not just on Helya. I'm fairly certain AiS damage is calculated when the shot fires, not when it lands, so any time you fire LnL straight after Windburst it will not be affected by Vulnerable unless you're in very close range that the Windburst lands inside the same GCD it fires.

Deleted
    Thats why we precast Windbrust and use Trueshot
    And with current near 100% uptime of vulnerability i have no problems with wasted instant aimeds casted after WB my problem is that 0.3 sec who i need to can stupid aimed to be casted before Vulnerability overs...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Thats why we precast Windbrust and use Trueshot
    And with current near 100% uptime of vulnerability i have no problems with wasted instant aimeds casted after WB my problem is that 0.3 sec who i need to can stupid aimed to be casted before Vulnerability overs...
    ??? @_@ I didn't what

Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    ??? @_@ I didn't what
    Yeah that didn't make sense to me either lol

But back to topic, yeah I noticed last night on Helya.. Windburst taking forever to apply vulnerable debuff. Thought I was lagging, kept checking my ping. Come on blizzard :S

Doesn't matter if Aimed is slower or faster than Windburst. It calcs its damage on cast just like marked shot not on land.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Doesn't matter if Aimed is slower or faster than Windburst. It calcs its damage on cast just like marked shot not on land.
    When Aimed Shot calculates damage is irrelevant. The point is that Windburst does not apply Vuln until it lands (unlike Sidewinders, which applies it on-cast), which, due to Windburst's slow travel time, can be ~1-2 seconds of delay on a target as large as Helya. This means that if you cast Windburst and instantly cast an LnL Aimed Shot (which has an incredibly fast travel time), Vuln will not have been applied yet, so the damage will not be amplified.

Quote Originally Posted by HonneurVilified View Post
    When Aimed Shot calculates damage is irrelevant. The point is that Windburst does not apply Vuln until it lands (unlike Sidewinders, which applies it on-cast), which, due to Windburst's slow travel time, can be ~1-2 seconds of delay on a target as large as Helya. This means that if you cast Windburst and instantly cast an LnL Aimed Shot (which has an incredibly fast travel time), Vuln will not have been applied yet, so the damage will not be amplified.
    Unless you literally have no other button to press that should practically never happen unless Windburst came off CD and got a LnL right after a casted aimed and Vuln is completely gone and barrage is on CD(or holding for blobs in p1 in a few sec) and you have a while till 2nd sidewinder caps with or without a proc.

Like sure if all that happens... you basically just have to afk for a second until it applies, but only if all of that happens.

Won't matter soon Windburst isn't that great at all with new patient sniper, aimed hitting harder than it, and marking targets procing a lot more and arcane shot can't waste a proc as it procs.

It is inconvenient but you should still fire the LnL anyways right? No point in sitting there for 1-2 sec auto attacking with a LnL proc already waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Unless you literally have no other button to press that should practically never happen unless Windburst came off CD and got a LnL right after a casted aimed and Vuln is completely gone and barrage is on CD(or holding for blobs in p1 in a few sec) and you have a while till 2nd sidewinder caps with or without a proc.

Like sure if all that happens... you basically just have to afk for a second until it applies, but only if all of that happens.

Won't matter soon Windburst isn't that great at all with new patient sniper, aimed hitting harder than it, and marking targets procing a lot more and arcane shot can't waste a proc as it procs.
    You're right, it's pretty niche, I was just explaining it for you. It's something I ran into often enough during progression to notice it, at least. You just have to play around it.

Aimed Shot has always had a 2.5 times shorter travel time than basically any other shot.