Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm torn. On one hand, I don't have any issue with this game (or any other MMO) gently forcing the player into making his / her class decision have some weight to it in terms of time investment.

On the other hand, class design right now is more laughable than it's been in a very long time, so no one could be blamed for wanting to hedge their bets a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Blizz trying to prevent FOTM? This is a bad thing? One of the worst things is churning through raid content only to have one of your guild mate all of a sudden "reroll" and get carried for gear on a SECOND character while we are still on our mains. Play what you chose and suck it up buttercup is my feeling. Blizz gets a green check mark from me on this one
    WoW isn't a job. If people aren't enjoying something they aren't going to "suck it up", they're going to quit. I'd rather have someone re-roll every few months, play things they enjoy, and be able carry their own weight quicker than have them quit or need to be carried for months til they are able to catch up.

Fuck that quest, I play the game to play my characters, not Illidan. I did it on my DK, but Rerolled Priest to heal 1 month in. I never even touched The zone required to start the quest chain. So now I sit with a metric fuck ton of shit quests staring me in the face to upgrade my 1 and only Legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    How is that fun ? Imagine the best gear for PvE dropping from 2400 rating arena. Sounds fun ?

For example, one of our hunters; http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/stormreaver/Kuno/

I wonder where those gladiator pieces come from :thinking:
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-12-29 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The only time consuming part, is the 80 shards, which will end up having the daily limit removed. But truly, if you don't play enough to get 10 a week, or atleast like 5-8, you don't need your legendaries to be a higher ilvl.
    I play more than enough, but I have pretty much done zero 5 mans since I picked up the quest on my main 2 months ago...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    AP being a huge part and we are not seeing the patch before the raid which means you cannot buy the 15artifact knowledge for alts to farm 35 traits really fast

Legendary upgrade to 940 locked behind the longest chain quest in the game that is just retarded with a weekly cap? That is 8 weeks if you start now aka you are already more than a month slacking behind in Nighthold unless they remove just that cap in the patch or ASAP.

Great expansion. This is the best since wotlk (apart from legendary system) but damn they just dont want you to play several characters or reroll.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...dan-questline/
    *Remembers 10 years ago when you had to go through exact same progression path as you did with your main (dungeons then hc dg then previous raids) to get a reroll from scratch to "playable in incoming tier"*
    Yep, 1 week of farming WQ and MM+ to get AP and 870/880i stuff is such a pain...

I havent completed the Illidan quest at all lol, i have done like 400 Mythic+ FeelsBadMan lol. I didnt think the questline was that important -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like it matters being behind with an alt in that regard. The legendary upgrade is only for the legendaries you obtained before Nighthold, all future Legendaries are 940.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    Not like it matters being behind with an alt in that regard. The legendary upgrade is only for the legendaries you obtained before Nighthold, all future Legendaries are 940.
    Curse me then, am i gonna have to thank the RNG gods for only giving me prydaz?
    LOL, so now being unlucky turns out to be really lucky?
    I am seriously considering benching my main until nighthold is out, when will be nighthold released?

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    WoW isn't a job. If people aren't enjoying something they aren't going to "suck it up", they're going to quit. I'd rather have someone re-roll every few months, play things they enjoy, and be able carry their own weight quicker than have them quit or need to be carried for months til they are able to catch up.
    Then let them quit, no skin off my ass. People who FOTM will NEVER be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    I play more than enough, but I have pretty much done zero 5 mans since I picked up the quest on my main 2 months ago...
    By enough, I mean moreso, if you aren't doing content difficult enough to require you to do some dungeons, you don't really need the extra gear/ilvl.

And of course you'd be after it, but if it took you longer than others, what does it matter. You don't need it and aren't in a rush for it because of the level of content you do.

Deleted
    Not re rolling. Staying arms warrior. However time to give a little love to my alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Curse me then, am i gonna have to thank the RNG gods for only giving me prydaz?
    LOL, so now being unlucky turns out to be really lucky?
    I am seriously considering benching my main until nighthold is out, when will be nighthold released?
    January 17/18

AP being a huge part and we are not seeing the patch before the raid which means you cannot buy the 15artifact knowledge for alts to farm 35 traits really fast

Legendary upgrade to 940 locked behind the longest chain quest in the game that is just retarded with a weekly cap? That is 8 weeks if you start now aka you are already more than a month slacking behind in Nighthold unless they remove just that cap in the patch or ASAP.

Great expansion. This is the best since wotlk (apart from legendary system) but damn they just dont want you to play several characters or reroll.

Ap is easy to catch up on. Its getting the "right" legendarys that are a pain in the ass, they more than anything else is byfar the biggest obsticle to rerolling class or even spec within you own class.

The patch is confirmed before Nighthold opens.

Dont see the problem myself.

Makes me laugh all these top guilds moaning....hows about making it competitive without class stacking.

The community moans like hell that mythic bosses are downed under a week, back in Vanilla, TBC bosses would take weeks due to the fact most people had a main and perhaps 1 alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Well... Another casual.

I got 3 legendaries. 1 from World Boss, 1 from daily chest, 1 from Mythic+. I also know a person, who got 3 legendaries, only from random BG's.

What does this picture tell you? That something is forcing you to do Mythic+ in order to get your legendaries?
    That's fantastic, do you want a cookie?
    I've been doing every emissary, world boss and copious amounts of M+ dungeons since launch and I'm still stuck with a single Sephuz on my mage. Does that automatically mean that I am a casual because I haven't rolled that winning ticket in the daily wheel of fortune?

That sure is a logical and completely solid thesis.
    If you can't actually utilize your brain, I suggest that you refrain from posting.

EDIT;
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    Well, the thing is, you are trying to reach the highest possible power level on your character without doing everything that's available to empower it. Imagine it being the other way around. If someone enjoys raiding but hates 5 man dungeons he would also always be behind his raider buddies (because a lot of BIS gear comes from 5 man M+ instead of raiding in this expac) or be forced to do something he dislikes.

If you want your character to be as strong as possible you will have to do all the available sources of character progression. That's not something new with Legion, it's always been that way in WoW (or any MMO tbh).

Chances are if you don't raid you are already a bit behind your friends on gear, that gap will increase with tier sets and other loot from NH (trinket, etc.) - the 30 ilvls on your legendaries will not be the biggest deal tbh - especially because it's just stats, the item effect remains the same.
    That is actually quite far from the truth.
    If I wanted to have my alt character as powerful as I could back in MoP solely for PvP, I would do PvP and little by little purchase the best gear I could get.

Want to do that in Legion?
    Have fun grinding PvE to unlock all the traits because it's a ridiculously faster and more effective way of getting AP.
    Have fun grinding M+ and raids because some joker thought it was a good idea to gate PvP gear behind RNG lootboxes with them also being inferior to PvE gear unless you decide to go 2.2k+ in arena.

And it's by far easier to just do M+ 8 to 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Blizz trying to prevent FOTM? This is a bad thing? One of the worst things is churning through raid content only to have one of your guild mate all of a sudden "reroll" and get carried for gear on a SECOND character while we are still on our mains. Play what you chose and suck it up buttercup is my feeling. Blizz gets a green check mark from me on this one
    Lolwat?
    I hope to god you aren't raidleading or in any position of power within a guild.
    If someone wants to reroll because they do not enjoy the playstyle of their current character and wish to switch to one they enjoy, on top of it being as far from FOTM rerolling as you can get, you're basically saying "fuck you, you need to suffer, you made this choice and you are never allowed to go back on it"?
    Do you perhaps have a psychological disorder?
    I am not trying to insult you or anything of the sort, I am genuinely curious, because that is usually not a normal way of thinking about it.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2016-12-29 at 04:41 PM.

So how high is this catch up coming?

If my DH is AK 25, I can buy AK 5, 10, 15, 20 AND 25 which is BoA? Or if I'm 25, I can only buy up to 20 AK? I only play 2 toons, with my Rogue as my 3rd but he's only 9 AK, DH is 22 and Hunter is 16...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    That is actually quite far from the truth.
    If I wanted to have my alt character as powerful as I could back in MoP solely for PvP, I would do PvP and little by little purchase the best gear I could get.

Want to do that in Legion?
    Have fun grinding PvE to unlock all the traits because it's a ridiculously faster and more effective way of getting AP.
    Have fun grinding M+ and raids because some joker thought it was a good idea to gate PvP gear behind RNG lootboxes with them also being inferior to PvE gear unless you decide to go 2.2k+ in arena.

And it's by far easier to just do M+ 8 to 10's.
    Fair point, I did not consider PVP as I don't do a lot of it myself (just not my taste of gameplay).
    I mostly replied to the point of wanting to do 5mans without falling behind to people that do raids.

PVP might be a totally different story with the way they decided to go about gear in PVP.
    I honestly just don't PVP enough to have a valid opinion on the matter so I'll just believe your point about it - I know a lot of the PVP community is very unhappy with the state of PVP in Legion and yea... sucks, sorry :/

My point was to succeed in PVE you always had to take every opportunity to empower your character and in the past had to do raids, dungeons, sometimes even PVP, etc. - and by "succeed" I mean what Dryla wants: To be the best or compete with those that do everything to gear/power up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    How much have you played? I have 20 days played and haven't hit 35 in my main spec yet. Just to be clear, 20 days over 5 months is about 3 hours a day, so I'm not exactly a casual.
    tbh I think it's about farmin AP the most efficient way. I cannot see what you did but I don't have much more /played than you but have two specs at 35 and one around 30, my main spec now going for 36 and higher (wanted to have my offspec ready first in case I need it in future raids - might still switch for NH)