Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Do we have any proof they did anything? Beyond anonymous CIA source?
    Along with the "anonymous CIA source" the other US intelligence agencies have thrown in their lot and confirmed what the CIA has been saying, this includes the FBI.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Do we have any proof they did anything? Beyond anonymous CIA source?
    Weren't you trusting the reports of anonymous hackers previously?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Or are Republicans only fond of referring to liberals as "communists" while they spread their ass-cheeks for Putin, which is ridiculously hypocritical.

It's just mind-blowing to me how prior to this election Republicans above all others were so anti-Russia, and now they're writing love letters to them.
    At least the republican congress is not as retarded as their voters. Obama is not alone in this, they are setting a nice table to remind Trump American power is in congress, the president is the executive. He can touch dick with Putin for 4 years, republican congress wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Oddly enough, it is. If corruption is not hidden well enough, a third party can gain access to them and release the information as they please, which happened here. Getting rid of corruuption is a first-best solution, of course. But as I said before, I will buy the whole corruption narrative once Wikileaks releases the contents of the GOP mail servers too. They should not have anything to hide, after all, so that should not be a problem, right?
    Disagree 100%, the solution to corruption is NEVER to do a better job of hiding it from the public. Using existing laws, and adding new ones, to punish corruption of the democratic system is the answer. Also, as Assange said nothing they had on Trump was worse than what he was posting on twitter ever day, which given what the moron was tweeting is very likely true. If the RNC had the corruption that the DNC did then they wouldn't have let someone they hated get the nomination, the one good thing about a Trump presidency is that the republications are just as likely as the democrats to hinder him in any way they can so he is unlikely to get anything done thats not positive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The funny part is that if it ever gets leaked out (spoiler alert: it will be), few things could do more to utterly destroy Trump.

Trump being anything less than Godzilla rampaging through Tokyo when it comes to Russia is ultimately defeating in a long term. The more aggressive he is with Russia, the more he insulates himself from accusations of being Putin's man in America. The more accommodating he is, the more he undermines his own legitimacy.
    The more aggressive he is with Russia (for no justifiable reasons other than frothing american hatred), the more likely it is for you to one day wake up to mushrooms growing all around you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Well, it actually balanced the media coverage. The only exception being fox news, of course,
    Yes every media outlet but fox is super well balanced and had fair and even coverage of the entire election.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Weren't you trusting the reports of anonymous hackers previously?
    I don't recall doing so... Its just if we are going to war I rather have some actual proof rather then the CIA words... still looking for those weapons of mass destruction after all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    If your suggesting that Russia influenced our elections to avoid nuclear war...
    Most people want to live.

A democracy never works. Go live in one if you disagree. Are you a woman? Imagine tyrannical men are 60% of the population. No birth control for you.

That's democracy.

I don't remember anyone running with a 'nuke Russia'...
    Hillary chose to take a hostile stance towards a nuclear power that can end all life.

Her stance was fucking stupid. Choose a better fucking candidate next time.

Do you really think Russia is suicidal? They will simply respond in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    That's what frustrates me so much about the Republicans and the Trumpettes throughout this whole thing. They like to champion national security, but when a breach in national security may have been in their favor they are more than willing to ignore it.
    if it hurts Clinton/ the Dems then yeah, if it was anyone else I rather doubt they would be giddy about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Why not Putin was just trying to be a whistleblower. Putin has been hacking for a long time, he just chose and opportune time to pounce.
    So you demand the same transparency from the GOP? The type of "transparency" you're asking nothing short of demanding the play director to let the audience see what the backstage area looks like in the middle of the play.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    At least the republican congress is not as retarded as their voters. Obama is not alone in this, they are setting a nice table to remind Trump American power is in congress, the president is the executive.
    Amen, I'm infinitely glad that there are those who can look beyond "we won lel" and can see the possibly ramifications of this down the road. Yet you still have conservative media trying to paint Obama as some sort of villain for taking these well justified actions.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well wait on a ship 12 miles offshore. They'll be back in 22 days. Or if they go back it will be like a 3 week visit home.

The last few days have been Obama and Kerry giving a big f.u. to Netanyahu and Putin, 2 guys Obama definitely did not have a good relationship with. It's all more symbolic than anything that will have much effect though. The UN resolution had no teeth, it was just a condemnation. And Trump will have the Russian staff back by the end of January.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yep, Putin was just looking out for the good of The American people
    Americans should be eternally grateful that he saved them from certain destruction due to Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Americans should be eternally grateful that he saved them from certain destruction due to Hillary.
    you are so amusingly dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably, and Russia probably holds a lot of his debt.

Apparently US banks will flat out not lend him any money anymore. Period. So all of his debt, however much there is since he won't disclose his financials like a transparent and honest person, is held by banks in foreign countries.

That's a great position for the US president to be in, indebted to multiple banks in foreign countries : D
    The funny thing is, you have to submit your taxes, and disclose any financial obligations and debts you have in order to be hired as a government employee in this country. They do that to ensure you can't be bribed to ignore your duties or look the other way with infractions.

It's mind blowing that the same requirement isn't even more vigorously held for the president.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

I don't remember anyone running with a 'nuke Russia' platform this election. I.
    How about "No Fly zone over Syria" platform this election which would lead into direct war with Russia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    The question here is when will Trump start embracing the anti-Russia rhetoric, still in January or in February?

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    They might as well wait on a ship 12 miles offshore. They'll be back in 22 days. Or if they go back it will be like a 3 week visit home.

The last few days have been Obama and Kerry giving a big f.u. to Netanyahu and Putin, 2 guys Obama definitely did not have a good relationship with. It's all more symbolic than anything that will have much effect though. The UN resolution had no teeth, it was just a condemnation. And Trump will have the Russian staff back by the end of January.
    The president does not have that power... Republican congress is allowing this. I hope you realize how ever much Trump will try to suck Putins dick, the congress doesent have to and its not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post

Netanyahu should place sanctions on the Obama leadership and the entire Democratic party for their utter betrayal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    >Americans actually believe this

I'm laughing my ass off.