Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The question here is when will Trump start embracing the anti-Russia rhetoric, still in January or in February?
    Probably in Januray, he wont go against congress. He will let the congress handle it and focus on something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to laugh at the people who think the Russians should and would just waltz back in, but it's too sad to know that people think that way.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    It's just mind-blowing to me how prior to this election Republicans above all others were so anti-Russia, and now they're writing love letters to them.
    The Republicans are still anti-Russia, just look at the Congress and Senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or are Republicans only fond of referring to liberals as "communists" while they spread their ass-cheeks for Putin, which is ridiculously hypocritical.
    Russia is not a communist country so. Depends on what Russia has to give us in return for good relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Most people want to live.

A democracy never works. Go live in one if you disagree. Are you a woman? Imagine tyrannical men are 60% of the population. No birth control for you.

That's democracy.

Hillary chose to take a hostile stance towards a nuclear power that can end all life.

Her stance was fucking stupid. Choose a better fucking candidate next time.

Do you really think Russia is suicidal? They will simply respond in kind.
    Except there are checks and balances for a reason. It's why Republicans won this election even with the popular vote going to Dems, and it should be that way because all States need to be represented, not just massive Dem powerhouses like California. I might not agree with their values but I can understand and accept it.

And no can we please stop this silly nuclear war nonsense. It's not going to happen because those in power aren't idiots and know that a nuclear war wont leave anything behind to govern.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You really said all that needs to be said when you opened with "the FBI simply chose not to prosecute". Anyone with even a cursory, basic understanding of this knows that the FBI doesn't prosecute anyone. They investigate and then the Justice Department chooses whether to prosecute, and even if they choose not to, congress can still convene investigations to make public issues that they believe need to be prosecuted, to force the Justice Department's hand. None of that has happened, because there is no credible evidence of criminal wrongdoing in this case. If there is, present it and stop whining about the FBI not prosecuting people when the FBI doesn't prosecute anyone, for anything, ever, because it isn't their job.
    Semantics, the FBI may not do the actual prosecuting but they do for all intents and purposes decide who does and does not get prosecuted. If the FBI had decided to press charges and the Justice Department refused to prosecute things would have exploded. Already Loretta Lynch is under a federal lawsuit over her meeting with Bill Clinton and won't be attorney general under Trump. The attorney general is supposed to be politically neutral and she obviously wasn't. I hope, but doubt, that Trumps choice will be far more neutral than she was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Netanyahu should place sanctions on the Obama leadership and the entire Democratic party for their utter betrayal.

Ye, how dare he not be Isreal's bitch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Russia is not a communist country so. Depends on what Russia has to give us in return for good relations.
    That's the problem, Russia has very little to give and nothing to lose.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Yes every media outlet but fox is super well balanced and had fair and even coverage of the entire election.
    Actually that was not what i said, but its ok.

Every mass media channel was giving ridiculous support to Hilary, with only a few exceptions, being Fox News one of them, which gave Trump huge support.

Really, is fun to see how some people here (not talking about you in this case) refuse to see how channels like CNN and MSNBC made a total campaing pro Hillary during the elections, and like to pretend the media coverage was against Hillary.

On this narrative war, the majority of the mass media supported Hillary, and the russians hackers just helped balancing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to have better relations and grow both economic and foreign policies with Russia.

But when they so brazenly undermine our democratic process then it should be a cause of concern for everyone.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Anyone with supremacist ideas aren't wanted. But you don't solve that problem with a fucking nuclear holocaust.
    If you're honestly concerned that the US's response is going to preclude a nuclear war, I really have no advice for you. You're going to have to deal with those delusions on your own.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ye, how dare he not be Isreal's bitch?
    I'd also love to see how they even do this.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to have better relations and grow both economic and foreign policies with Russia.

But when they so brazenly undermine our democratic process then it should be a cause of concern for everyone.
    Can you show me proof of them doing this...?

Why is that asking for a lot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's the problem, Russia has very little to give and nothing to lose.
    Someone who has nothing to lose won't hesitate to launch the nukes. You're just gambling on Putin's patience. Most other people would have started nuking you for this already if they were in the situation.

The more aggressive he is with Russia (for no justifiable reasons other than frothing american hatred), the more likely it is for you to one day wake up to mushrooms growing all around you.
    Russia won't do shit.

They're a weak country in terminal decline pretending to be strong. Pretending to be more than the marginal regional power they are.

They were allowed to this role by our outgoing President, who failed to understand history and failed to see Russia for what it is until it was too late. Obama answered Russian aggression with American passivity.

Now we must answer Russian aggression with American aggression. And when American get aggressive, other people's countries die. And let's not forget Lei Shi: we can count the Soviet Union as one of those countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netanyahu should place sanctions on the Obama leadership and the entire Democratic party for their utter betrayal.
    I'm sorry but wasn't it Trumps platform that we won't meddle in external affairs anymore, like at all? When did this pivot happen that somehow Israel is an exception to this rule? Or is this more of the if Obama did it then it's wrong?

Not to mention it's utterly laughable that bibi is somehow going to put sanctions on us, he relies on the US to even wipe their ass for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    For a someone who claims he isnt attached to Hillary your post history suggests you are more than attached to her, infact your posts are very similar to one of those paid shills we saw before the election itself.

Pure coincidence?
    I mean, as a Trumpeteer I understand how you believe you can just say shit and not have to support it with some sort of fact, but that's not how this game is played. My post history suggests that I didn't like Hillary, but having been exposed to Trump's nonsense since the 80's I disliked him even more. That and I enjoy factual information.

If that makes me a shill for Hillary, then I'm fine taking that hit. But again, you aren't particularly adept at analyzing and processing information, so how big of a hit can it really be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I'd also love to see how they even do this.
    Don't underestimate Israel's reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    You do realize the sanctions placed on Russia over the past 8 years have all but crippled them? Relations were poor to start, no change there.
    No we had working relations when bush was president. The sanctions were impotent at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I challenge you to explain in 3 sentences or less how Trump's vision of a 355 ship US Navy, a 560,000 man Army, 200,000 man Marine corps, 1200 fighter aircraft and expanding the US nuclear arsenal don't impact the bottom line of Russia's security more than anybody else.

And before you say "China", China has 280 nuclear weapons, of which ~70 are modern and ~190 are antiques, so any military build up would not dramatically change the military balance versus them.

If and when Trump gets his build up (he'll get it), the big loser from it more than anybody else in the near term is Russia. For example, increasing the Navy from 272 to 355 ships would involve buying 3 destroyers per year instead of 2. Every other additional ship every other year would be a Ballistic Missile Defense variant, per Navy planning. You know, the exact kind of ship Russia has been freaking out for the past two years that the US has been basing in Europe. We'd actually be building more of them faster.

Talk is cheap.
    You mean that ship that went limping back to Romania after an unarmed SU-24 rendered it dead in the water with Russia's state of the art EWS.