Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    If you aren't born a racist, how can people be born into a sexual preference or believing they are a gender different from their birth gender?
    Sexual orientation is not a choice. No human has any say over who they are attracted to and who they develop romantic feelings for.

If gay people could choose not to be gay... many of them would because it would make their lives so much easier. While a gay person can choose to deny their feelings and live a life of solitude, or lie to someone of the opposite sex and enter into a sham relationship with them just to fit in, they are still gay whether or not they engage in same-sex relations. That's not a choice about being gay or not though, just a choice about acting on your feelings or denying them and being miserable.

When the choice comes down to:

Living a lie and being unhappy and unfulfilled because you aren't with someone you truly want to be with...

or

Being honest with yourself and those around you, and finding someone like yourself who wants to be with you as much as you want to be with them...

what would you choose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Not trying to start an argument here, but I really hate religion for biasing people towards keeping kids they don't want. Hope the best for your friend, but if I was him I would probably leave her, but it's definitely something that requires a lot of thinking. In a way, your kid is your kid because you raise him, not because of genetics, but god damn even then it's a hard pill to swallow. I guess if he leaves he she can at least get money from the rapist..
    Not all people base these beliefs off of religion, though.
    Some - even most - do. But you can't definitively say all of them do.

I will say this.

I am not religious. You might even say that I am anti-religious. But if I were a woman, I would not want to have an abortion unless my life were in danger.

In order of my my preference:
    1. abortion
    2. adoption
    3. leave her

Well, there is also
    0. Wouldn't have touched a religous nutter in the first place.

Its better that he leaves. If its already put a rift in their relationship now, and the child isn't even born yet, it'll only get worse when it is born. There is no sense in staying together. I mean, he may love her, but this child will probably heavily damage, if not completely ruin the relationship unless he can somehow accept the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant he refuse to sign the birth certificate since it's not his.

Deleted
    I would definitely leave. And so should he, because her view on the world of obviously fucked up if she wants to keep a rape baby

I would want her to get an abortion, but can't force her to. If she didn't give up the baby for adoption I'm honestly not sure of what I would do. I already have two of my own kids with her, and wouldn't want to mess things up with them but I am sure as shit not going to sign up to raise the child of the shitbag fuckwad who raped my wife only to be reminded of what happened every time I look at the child and answer questions about it his/her entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Cant he refuse to sign the birth certificate since it's not his.
    I think it is obvious that he wants to handle this delicately and not just nuke his marriage. If it is indeed not his, he obviously doesn't need to sign the birth certificate, she can then usually force a paternity test. If he were living in Germany for example he absolutely should not sign it, because the moment he does he loses any right and is fucked for live - even if the kid was from yet another guy, not even the rapist.

Since I didn't say it in my first post: He obviously can ask her to abort it or give it up for adoption, but there is no way he can legally enforce it, at least not in the western world. But that much should be obvious for anyone who is 10 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was able to take care of the child with out regrets it would be one thing, but if he is already thinking about leaving if she does not get an abortion then that marriage was not going to go far any way, he should leave and call it quits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Not all people base these beliefs off of religion, though.
    Some - even most - do. But you can't definitively say all of them do.

I will say this.

I am not religious. You might even say that I am anti-religious. But if I were a woman, I would not want to have an abortion unless my life were in danger.
    If my wife was having a rape baby, her life would be in danger

I'm only still replying because of people saying I'd be a horrible person for wanting to leave a woman that wanted to keep a rape baby.

You know, it isn't even a problem I'm going to have. I've been with my girlfriend for five years, we talk about controversial topics all the time, and this has come up before. She absolutely would get an abortion if she had a rape baby.

Maybe we're both horrible people staying in a relationship because we both have the same horrible views. She would dump me if I got a sex change, for example.

OH!! That's one for the "I said vows" crowd. What would you do if your wife wanted a sex change?

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    If he was able to take care of the child with out regrets it would be one thing, but if he is already thinking about leaving if she does not get an abortion then that marriage was not going to go far any way, he should leave and call it quits.
    Because a man doesn't want to spend the next 20 years of his life dedicating himself to a child that isn't his, based on a situation she didn't want, their relationship sucks and isn't going to go very far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    I would definitely leave. And so should he, because her view on the world of obviously fucked up if she wants to keep a rape baby
    I'm curious, you are surely aware that you are almost certainly - probably 99% probability - the product of at least one (possibly dozens) rape in your family history, yes?

Most, if not all of us, are.

Are you a rape baby? Should you have been aborted because, somewhere in your family tree (probably dozens of times, actually), one or more of your ancestors came into being because of rape?

I suppose you're fortunate in that one or more of your female ancestors had more mercy in one of their fingers than you appear to have in your entire body.

And don't tell me, "Oh, but they didn't have abortion then!" Because that is ripe bullshit. Abortion has existed for as long as women have become pregnant, and if the abortion didn't work, there was always the option to leave the newborn in the wild to die. So don't tell me they didn't have the option, because they did.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm curious, you are surely aware that you are almost certainly - probably 99% probability - the product of at least one (possibly dozens) rape in your family history, yes?

Most, if not all of us, are.

Are you a rape baby? Should you have been aborted because, somewhere in your family tree (probably dozens of times, actually), one or more of your ancestors came into being because of rape?

I suppose you're fortunate in that one or more of your female ancestors had more mercy in one of their fingers than you appear to have in your entire body.

And don't tell me, "Oh, but they didn't have abortion then!" Because that is ripe bullshit. Abortion has existed for as long as women have become pregnant, and if the abortion didn't work, there was always the option to leave the newborn in the wild to die. So don't tell me they didn't have the option, because they did.
    I'm not going to live my life based off of what someone else did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?

why did she marry the man if she doesnt want sex?

this sjw/pc crap is literally getting ridicolous
    Not sure if trolling or just below average IQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm not going to live my life based off of what someone else did.
    Which is an absolutely pointless statement.

You are a rape baby. It's in your blood, your bone, and your DNA. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with a lineage completely devoid of rape, so we're all, essentially, rape babies. Guess that means we're all tainted.

Guess that means that you feel a woman shouldn't have control over her own body. Maybe this is her way of coping with what happened to her? But we're not allowed to talk about that because apparently if your woman gets raped, and god forbid, gets pregnant, your dick shrivels up in tandem with her expanding waistline.

The best part about this is that the statements here - calling men who stay with their wives after the wife has been raped "cucks," and the rest of the ripe bullshit going on in this thread - are freaking classic rape culture. Because apparently y'all truly do believe that your female partners are merely an extension of your own bodies.

I genuinely hope most of y'all will grow up before you ruin too many people's lives.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

You are a rape baby. It's in your blood, your bone, and your DNA. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with a lineage completely devoid of rape, so we're all, essentially, rape babies. Guess that means we're all tainted.

Guess that means that you feel a woman shouldn't have control over her own body. Maybe this is her way of coping with what happened to her? But we're not allowed to talk about that because apparently if your woman gets raped, and god forbid, gets pregnant, your dick shrivels up in tandem with her expanding waistline.

The best part about this is that the statements here - calling men who stay with their wives after the wife has been raped "cucks," and the rest of the ripe bullshit going on in this thread - are freaking classic rape culture. Because apparently y'all truly do believe that your female partners are merely an extension of your own bodies.

I genuinely hope most of y'all will grow up before you ruin too many people's lives.
    Very well said. Good to see more grown-ups posting in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Linda goes on a ladies' night out with her friends while her husband Steve is at home with the kids that night. All of Linda's friends leave the bar before her. Linda walks to her car alone. Some sick fuck goes and pulls Linda to an alleyway and rapes her. Steve isn't there to protect her. Linda is a wife who got raped.

You won my #1 stupid post badge.

Are you 12?
    I take exception to your question, suggesting the vermin you answered to is on the intellectual level of a 12-year old human child. My daughter is 12 and she is both more intelligent and way more compassionate. Not to mention refined.

So she can be pro-choice, and that's fine, but when it comes to the man being pro-choice, they're wrong for leaving? What if I wanted a sex-change, it's my body, and the woman should stay with me!

Her choosing to keep a rape baby would severely alter my life significantly. I'd have to work more. I'd have to spend less time on my hobbies. I'd have to spend more money. I'd be traveling less. All because SHE wanted to make the selfish decision to keep a baby she got based on a traumatizing act she didn't consent to. I'd have absolutely no emotional attachment to this child, because it wasn't mine, and wasn't conceived based on actions that were consensual.

I don't care what happened in the past to create me. I don't care if from some generation I'm a rape baby. I'm not my ancestors. I'm not going to base a decision that will make me miserable based on something someone else did. How come it can only be pro-choice when it's convenient for your argument?
    Last edited by Zafire; 2016-12-30 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm not going to base a decision that will make me miserable based on something someone else did.
    Then why do you expect this from your partner?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No court anywhere in the world will let a man force a woman to get an abortion.
    Well there are some pretty screwed up places where she would be guilty of adultery and even more stupidly punished for being raped.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."