Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Addon that tells you if 2 people are from same guild

I would like to know when I start a queued dungeon run if people are in the same guild. Usually when bad stuff happens I see that there are guildmates in the run together. I often tell myself that I need to check before I start, but forget when leveling until it happens again.

Is there an addon to check for me when I enter group or enter dungeon?

I understand that I can easily check myself. But the issue is I forget, then have invested time in the dungeon and that time is wasted.

just kicked some guy from an lfr queue for funz. there was 5 of us together and only 2 in the same guild. guilds mean nothing

I see no point to such an addon, but curse would be the place to search for this if it exists.

Deleted
    In LFG HC you get the buff for being in a random group. When stuff starts happening I always instinctively check if 3x is there. WoW "friends" can be in different guilds/realms, just grouped together.

or you know.......you could just look at their name plates........just like an addon would do

Literally why? Just uninstall the gmae if it's such an issue for you.

If in a Dungeon, honestly its not hard to find out if they are from the same server/guild. You don't need a addon to tell you that, if you do, my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    I would like to know when I start a queued dungeon run if people are in the same guild. Usually when bad stuff happens I see that there are guildmates in the run together. I often tell myself that I need to check before I start, but forget when leveling until it happens again.

Is there an addon to check for me when I enter group or enter dungeon?

I understand that I can easily check myself. But the issue is I forget, then have invested time in the dungeon and that time is wasted.
    I gotta be blunt here, I've played the game for ten years and have never once been kicked from a group. If it happens to you so often that you qualify being kicked out with "usually when bad stuff happens I see that there are guildmates." It implies you get kicked out of things quite often. Without intending to be insulting, is it possible the problem is with how you play and not with the people you play with?

Guild or not I've seen people kicked when there wasn't any reason for someone to be kicked, there was no reasoning why just a vote was called, everybody passed without even knowing if the person did anything wrong.

I'd like to believe guild groups are the better more reliant ones but it's not always the case. I doubt there's an add on for it, but just search through Curse I guess.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    I gotta be blunt here, I've played the game for ten years and have never once been kicked from a group. If it happens to you so often that you qualify being kicked out with "usually when bad stuff happens I see that there are guildmates." It implies you get kicked out of things quite often. Without intending to be insulting, is it possible the problem is with how you play and not with the people you play with?
    Ninja-pulling / consistent accidental pulls, afking large amounts sometimes by multiple players, or poor performance usually of a healer. Since I'm usually the tank poor dps performance does not affect me much. It is a little insulting that you went directly to "this guy is complaining because he got kicked." I am not. I am asking if anyone knows of an addon. I gave a generic reason that I would want it and maybe others would as well. As someone already mentioned in the thread they look at the buffs on the players, giving me some belief that others have experienced issues with people that queue together and become unkickable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems extremely prejudiced borderline "racist" but against guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't work out from tooltips if there are people from the same guild within 3 seconds, likely the one wasting time is yourself.

You must also have really bad luck, very very infrequently do I ever have issues with groups running shit together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If you can't work out from tooltips if there are people from the same guild within 3 seconds, likely the one wasting time is yourself.

You must also have really bad luck, very very infrequently do I ever have issues with groups running shit together.
    I have the same experience, only time I tend to run into issues is if I run high mythic plus in pugs. Then it can go south, otherwise its generally pretty stable.

I think we have an issue of someone being unable to look inwards to identify the problem. Especially since he is a tank. People generally don't kick a tank that does a good job. They kick the ones who do badly. Or he may just go way to slow for the difficulty level, and people start pulling in extra mobs to speed it up. Then he isnt skilled enaugh to stay on top of the extra adds, and they start dying. I don't know, all speculation

We are talking heroic dungeons here, which is easy to faceroll with one hand tied on your back while pulling 6 packs at the time. Even at lower ilvls.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-12-30 at 09:01 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

I only pug and I have never run into this issue. How can you all have had this problem often enough that you would want an addon to check guilds?

I haven't seen "bad" stuff happen in random heroics lately at all (maybe in the first 2 weeks after release, but thats about it), but i have to say, i always queue with as many guildies / friends as possible, as guildies / friends usually means fast smooth run, whereas 4 randoms mean that you never know what you get (can be super smooth, but can also be 4 just dinged alts which can be quite tedious. 2 examples from yesterday, first on my main, i queue with 4 guildies, 1 healer, 1 "tank" and 2 dps, we get DHT, Tank swaps to DPS, the random is a just dinged players. We warn him not to take aggro and watch for AoE (since the holy pala healer will mostly be dpssing also), in the end he died 2 times, but got a smooth run (around 6 mins or something i think), and some loot sharing with 2 of my guildies.

Then i queue with my Alt and only a guild tank, we get 2 random dps and a healer. The DPS both do like 100k which is quite low, but atleast they didnt make mistakes, the healer is ok also. Still a reasonably smooth run, but took quite long since my tank guildie and myself did over 60-70% of Damage done over the full run. Both all in all, both the 1 random, and the 3 randoms in the 2nd run had smooth runs mostly because my guildies and me carried both runs, not the other way around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the best runs I catch are 2-3 guildies out of 5 people. Sometimes I'm a healer soloing it, I love when I catch a tank and Dps or two. Interrupts happen, and usually they play well as not to embarrass themselves with their friends.
    If it's my guild I'm healing either a 860 or 895 tank and a mythic raid geared 350-500k dps or two, you hit the lotto. I hve kicked maybe 5 people since LFD started in like 2008, they are always DCs

I usually mouseover grid right away, just to see if they are from my server or if its a partial premade.

Heck, blizz needs to add an option to choose only partial premades IMO.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2016-12-30 at 09:18 AM.

In the OP he's talking about leveling. Not max level dungeons, which are a whole different thing. The mindset in lowbie dungeons is often about zerging through it as fast as possible. The mobs are often trivial so people derp around, ninja pull etc. Since you're playing a low level character, you don't have your full skill set yet and probably aren't as familiar with it anyway than your main. I've had some similar experiences as him in leveling dungeons, but I haven't really paid attention to people's guilds so don't know if guild groups are worse. Thankfully most groups are fine, but the bad ones are definitely more frequent than at max level.
    Last edited by Prese; 2016-12-30 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    I got kicked about a year ago because the tank didn't pick up all the adds, so when they started hitting me I used Howl of Terror on like 4 of them, which ran them into more adds, which caused a wipe. I got blamed and kicked.

Another time it was because I was a twinked up Enhance Shaman around level 25, and wasn't caring about the tank, because everything I touched instantly died and nothing was hurting me. Got kicked because tank wanted to tank. Oh well, maybe I deserved that? MAYBE? I don't feel I was hurting the group but I guess I can understand.

Another time was because I used Chi Blast and it pulled something through a wall that I didn't know was there. Happened twice. Stupid dungeon in WOTLK that's in Grizzly Hills, can't remember the name. Lich King turns troll guy into big troll guy? That one.

Other than that I haven't really been kicked.

Deleted
    The reason to look out for partial premades in dungeons is that if they are wow "friends" grouped together you should never say anything in group. Unless you want to be kicked.

Never had these issues.
    Sounds like OP is either;
    a: bad
    b: asshole
    c: both