Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that ends up an issue. As basically, you have now either forced a healer you need for next tier to swap specs or you have sat that healer and might have to recruit their replacement as they have wandered off.

But, yes, our loot council cannot vote for themselves in any fashion.

I am a special case in our guild. As I am married to the Guildmaster. Therefore, she can never vote to give me gear and I count as a member of loot council that doesn't get to vote ever for priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Yeah, that ends up an issue. As basically, you have now either forced a healer you need for next tier to swap specs or you have sat that healer and might have to recruit their replacement as they have wandered off.

But, yes, our loot council cannot vote for themselves in any fashion.

I am a special case in our guild. As I am married to the Guildmaster. Therefore, she can never vote to give me gear and I count as a member of loot council that doesn't get to vote ever for priority.
    That is a gimped loot council though. Just make decisions that are best for the guild and can be rationalised so there are no problems.

We use a mix of EPGP+Loot Council, i.e.:

4set has top priority, so if someone has 3 pieces, they take prio so they gain their 4set.
    2set has the next priority, as above, they take priority if they already have 1 piece of tier.

If no one will be gaining a 4 or 2 set, it then goes DPS > Tank=Healer, unless there's some absurd tank or healer sets (e.g. Tank 4sets in Dragon Soul), which then falls to the highest Priority Rating (EPGP).

It's mixing the most fair (EPGP), along with the most logical. The LootCouncil can't vote for themselves, and we tend to only interfere outside of tier if it's something like a tiny upgrade for one person vs a huge upgrade for another, and even then that's just asking them if they will and 99% of the time people do - otherwise trinkets. My pet peeve letting tanks get DPS trinkets over an actual DPS. Gahhh.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-12-29 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoChango View Post
    That is a gimped loot council though. Just make decisions that are best for the guild and can be rationalised so there are no problems.
    Agree with this, your officers and loot council should not be lower priority than regular members. Often times your officers should be the most dependable players, and should also on average perform better than their member counterpart.

Letting members always get loot in front of your officers is not an optimal way to distribute loot for a progression oriented guild that's trying to push content.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    Hello all!

In our guild we are starting to discuss the token distribution.

So far we decided to prioritize the 2-piece bonus for people and then go for 4-piece after

We also decided that DPS are going to receive it first, then healers and lastly tanks.

Do you have a plan already for tokens?

I would also like to know if there is any specific class that benefits the most from 2 or 4 bonus or if it's any other that don't care much for bonuses (aka, they are bad).

Thanks for sharing!
    Personal loot just like we have been doing all expansion. It has worked out just fine for us.

Deleted
    Can't believe nobody have mentioned that tier tokens were removed in Legion

Tier gear drops directly from bosses now

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Can't believe nobody have mentioned that tier tokens were removed in Legion

Tier gear drops directly from bosses now
    This is not true. With Personal loot, they drop the item directly. With Master loot, they drop the token as usual.

Deleted
    Probably like we've always done. First just roll on them (and giving them to the best players), after that 2 piece for most people that attend, followed up by the 4 piece.

If there is some kind of super crazy essential 4p bonus, we'll probably think about that one earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    We use a mix of EPGP+Loot Council, i.e.:

4set has top priority, so if someone has 3 pieces, they take prio so they gain their 4set.
    2set has the next priority, as above, they take priority if they already have 1 piece of tier.
    That usually works...but be mindful some class specs are completely opposite with the NH bonuses.

Example: DPS Warrior

Arms: 2p is awesome - (especially combined with the CD reduction trinket from NH)
    4p is eh
    Fury: 2p is eh
    4p is really good

So unless that DPS warrior plays both specs depending on fight...giving them priority on 2 or 4p could be the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    That usually works...but be mindful some class specs are completely opposite with the NH bonuses.

Example: DPS Warrior

Arms: 2p is awesome - (especially combined with the CD reduction trinket from NH)
    4p is eh
    Fury: 2p is eh
    4p is really good

So unless that DPS warrior plays both specs depending on fight...giving them priority on 2 or 4p could be the wrong decision.
    Of course, that's where the "Your 4s is shit if you're playing X spec, you gonna' give that up to <other member>?" - Usually works in our guild, we're not hardcore in progression but on the same page we don't like wasting stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    This is not true. With Personal loot, they drop the item directly. With Master loot, they drop the token as usual.
    Can you link me the tier tokens? I can't find them on wowhead.

2 pages of people saying dps>tank>heal, but I don't think that's what OP was looking for since its kinda obvious.