Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    A) It's a problem that doesn't exist if minors weren't getting arrested for being trafficked.

B) It's a law to fix a problem that doesn't exist if A is true.

C) I'm pretty sure A and B are true.

Alternatively, you could surely find a case of a minor being charged for being an unwilling participant in a sex trafficking ring and use that as evidence.
    A) The problem with minors getting arrested doesn't exist. The law has no effect.
    B) The problem exists. The law changes things for the better.

So why not change the law?
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-12-30 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Let's talk about how we should treat rapists:
    Option A: Goes to jail, gets criminal record
    Option B: Gets support, doesn't go to jail.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work out which is better.
    But this isn't about rapists. This is about underage prostitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If you are correct this law doesn't change anything. If you are wrong this law changes things for the better. So why not change the law?
    No, that part is where I proved it wasn't necessary in the first place. Later on in another post I gave an example of why it might be a bad thing, and why laws should be written based on evidence instead of feels.

No, the law isn't that complicated. I don't need to prove a negative. If you think the law is a good idea, it should be because you have evidence that it was necessary in the first place.

Maybe there SHOULD be some dis-incentive for prostitution under 18? Maybe the evidence would point to such a law actually increasing child prostitution? That's the kind of thing that should be proven before a law like this is installed.

Maybe a 17 year old girl in LA having a really hard time might think it's not such a bad way to earn money because it isn't illegal for her to do it?
    Legislating for the sake of legislating is something politicians love to do, and sometimes good intentions have negative consequences. Laws shouldn't be written by people with the mentality of 10 year olds, though.

Deleted
    Yeah, California Democrats strike me as the most competent people around.

And the police don't write the laws.
    What does that have to do with this decision? Does that make this decision invalid? You're implying a lot of things you're not actually substantiating. I'm guessing it's cus you just don't like the Democrats?

No, but they know what they want from them and aren't incapable of lobbying for change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So they took away the deterrent for minors to work as sex workers. Stay classy California
    Because kids are just lining up to sell their bodies right?

A counterargument would be that this law encourages child prostitutes to go to law enforcement and rat out their pimps with no fear of being prosecuted. But sure, just take the possible, and unlikely, outcome and present it as a major problem.

Deleted
    No, that part is where I proved it wasn't necessary in the first place. Later on in another post I gave an example of why it might be a bad thing, and why laws should be written based on evidence instead of feels.

Legislating for the sake of legislating is something politicians love to do, and sometimes good intentions have negative consequences. Laws shouldn't be written by people with the mentality of 10 year olds, though.
    But how in the WORLD, could this possibly be a BAD change?
    Yes, you actually have to substantiate what you're saying. You can't base your entire point on people being unable to prove you wrong on something you yourself are incapable of proving or substantiating.

And now you're saying that they have the mentality of 10 year olds too. I'm becoming really convinced you're just being contrarian for the sake of it, cus "libruls".

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't prove that the old law wasn't a problem. You just stated that you didn't think it was a problem. The lawmakers apparently felt the old law was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Let's talk about how we should treat rapists:
    Oddly enough, the OP was about the child, not the rapist.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Oddly enough, the OP was about the child, not the rapist.
    The person you're responding to just wants to move the goalposts. No, actually, he/she wants to create an entirely new goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The person you're responding to just wants to move the goalposts. No, actually, he/she wants to create an entirely new goal.
    Knowing them, is this a surprise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Knowing them, is this a surprise?
    Not in the slightest. Reps and alt-right go out of their way to get triggered and upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    See MMO-C, this is the sort of 'fake news' people are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Way to spin the story. This doesn't mean they are legalising child prostitution. If someone partakes in sex with a child for money they will be arrested and charged just like always. Just the child themselves will not be arrested as well.
    Oh, Whew. If that is what this is, this isn't the first place to make this change. It is good because it allows sex workers to come forward about legal issues (rape, assault, theft and so on). Previously, they would also be arrested, which deterred them from reporting problems.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Man these forums have a real nest of bullshit news reposters.

Oh look, they're mostly from one particular party. What a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    See MMO-C, this is the sort of 'fake news' people are talking about.
    Sensationalized Clickbait... Oh Look. It says Democrats are evil, those are my favorite articles. Ill repost this immediately to every Subreddit and Facebook group I have that other Shitty Republicans can do the same with. Because none of us read anything, and believe every Title we read, and its changing the world at a breakneck pace.

This is how you change the world. You promote stupidity. Stupidity changes the world faster than any other thing around.

Can we lock this shit-post Please. there is no discussion to be had here. Its bullshit, and everyone knows it, except that one Republican on page 1 who didn't read the source.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So they took away the deterrent for minors to work as sex workers. Stay classy California
    Yeah that's what's keeping kids out of prostitution, the risk of arrest. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You must have had a pretty fucked up childhood if the only thing stopping you selling your ass was that you could get arrested.
    Don't lie, we both know all of us would have sold our white asses for money to old fat bald men as kids if we did not have laws stopping us!

Smart idea. Prevent cops from bringing children in on charges a perfect opportunity to get them off the street, get in contact with their parents or get into some kind of shelter. Again, stay classy California.

I proved
    I stated it therefor I proved it ?
    Also how could it make anything worse - I mean you already proved the issue never came up to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah that's what's keeping kids out of prostitution, the risk of arrest. LOL.
    Without laws, all of us would have gone into prosition as kids!!!
    Its the end game of those evul muslim lefties!!!11!!!!