Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Do you morons have like a guidebook of mental gymnastics or something, yes I did notice it last time, I didnt say anything but its fun inventing extra details that were never said, isnt it? Attacking strawmen must make you feel big and strong like when youre beating helpless children, is that right?
    Nope. No mental gymnastics, nothing made up. You quite literally, and gleefully, said that you would burn your family to death with no remorse whatsoever.

The fact that, when called out on it, you then resort to calling people "morons" and accuse them of making stuff up just proves all the more how piss-poor a human being you truly, truly are.

Someone really should have smacked the hell out of you as a child. It's a pity they didn't, because now we have one more remorseless psychopath free in the world.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I did

While he agrees that parents should reduce their use of physical punishment, he says most of the cited studies are correlational and don’t show a causal link between physical punishment and long-term negative effects for children.

“The studies do not discriminate well between non-abusive and overly severe types of corporal punishment,” Larzelere says. “You get worse outcomes from corporal punishment than from alternative disciplinary techniques only when it is used more severely or as the primary discipline tactic.”

Which is why these sorts of studies are unreliable.
    I thoroughly agree with you on the point that Correlation =/= Causation. But there's also enough correlation between vivid physical discipline and mental health issues in the long term, enough to see there's something in the environment of the child, either innate or acquired, that makes the risks of developing mental illnesses much higher.

It's fair to say that parents who use physical discipline today are, in a majority (but not unanimously), parents who have themselves behavioral issues. It's also more commonly practiced in low-income sectors, which could also have a link with lower education.

But all in all, spanking has the strongest correlation in all of these categories. I think it's fair to say it has an impact. To which extent, however, is everyone's guess.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The last thing kids need to be taught is that physical violence solves problems and gets people to do what you want.

When you hit a child, you are showing them that at some points, it's ok to lay hands on other people OUTSIDE of defending yourself.
    "Oh, you did something bad? I was taught that I should hit you now!" <-- Exaggerating a little, but you get my point.
    Words, or other means of punishment will ALWAYS be more beneficial to a child's development.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What about wife beating?
    covered in another criminal code. but they can defend themselves usually
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-12-31 at 12:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has been scientifically proven that child beating does nothing good for the child's behavior
    The hilarious part is that people like you can't differentiate between "child beating" and smacking a child on the ass for misbehaving.

The even more hilarious bit is that almost every great person you can name throughout history had, at the very least, been spanked as a child. Abraham Lincoln? You better fucking believe it. Nelson Mandela? Without a doubt. Buddha? Darn tootin'. Gandhi? Hate to break it to you, but... Martin Luther King, Jr.? Yeah, a black kid from the South, he definitely didn't get smacked by his mama... XD etc.

You know what's even more telling? Ask any adult who was spanked (again, as opposed to beaten like dogs) as a child if it was a good thing or not, and the overwhelming response is and will be "Yes." It's only new-age pussies who claim otherwise, and they tend to be people who proudly say they'd have burned their family to death as a child. So.... yeah.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    When you hit a child, you are showing them that at some points, it's ok to lay hands on other people OUTSIDE of defending yourself.
    Exactly. And that is the point - hitting others outside of a self-defence situation is simply not okay or acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Good? You shouldn't hit children.
    Bullshit, some little bastards should be smacked for not behaving. don't confuse child abuse with discipline, something most under 20s here won't understand, since the pc culture/millennials claimed it was evil.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-12-31 at 12:34 AM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Does this mean open hand smacks to? XD. Lmao get ready for another gen of spoiled rotten liberals with no understanding of empathy. They knew this is a political move. Non spank parents raise liberal entitled shit heads.
    We have this ban in our country for years, could observe it the "effects" of it on my sister, grew into a normal person with center political views, tho i hardly see any connection to it, care to explain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Nope. No mental gymnastics, nothing made up. You quite literally, and gleefully, said that you would burn your family to death with no remorse whatsoever.

The fact that, when called out on it, you then resort to calling people "morons" and accuse them of making stuff up just proves all the more how piss-poor a human being you truly, truly are.

Someone really should have smacked the hell out of you as a child. It's a pity they didn't, because now we have one more remorseless psychopath free in the world.
    Did I now? How about proof or GTFO?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    covered in another crimnal code. but they can defend themselves usually
    Won't stop certain religions from doing it though. Same goes for nonsense like honor killings. They don't care about the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Bullshit, some little bastards should be smacked for not behaving. don't confuse child abuse with discipline, something most under 20s here won't understand, since the pc culture/millennials claimed it was evil.
    What the fuck does this have to do with PC culture? Holy fuck. People are just going to spout that nonsense catch phrase everywhere aren't they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    not with proper raising of that child

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Did I now? How about proof or GTFO?
    Easy peasy. Link.

Now quick, go and edit it so you can try to claim you didn't say you'd burn your parents to death! You can do it! Run! RUN!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I got spanked once or twice in my whole life. A lot of people have no idea where the line is between "discipline" and abuse, and no parents should not be allowed to make that determination.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    As long as hitting your child is not considered the same as discipline, i'm fine with this tbh
    That's the problem, discipline is now forbidden.
    Very very retarded law, you aren't even allowed to spank your kid anymore or even punish them like "No dinner if you misbehave". This is very stupid and dangerous. Kids are not stupid, if they understand that parents aren't allowed to discipline them, they can become little shits.

There was never anything wrong, with a slap, a spank or a punishment if the kids deserved it. I've been slaped a few times (all deserved ofc) I don't hate my parents, I am not traumatised, and I actually learned respect.

But SJW got what they wanted, let's see th result in 20 years. It won't be good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I wonder if when society outlawed child labor in the west people also claimed it was the PC culture of the time.

Is it PC culture or is it just human progress?
    I'd see it more as progress. Though, as an adult now, I can see the value in working when you are young, to develop the understanding of how important a job is to your life. For many of us whose parents grew up living on farms, work was a way of life from a young age, even if they weren't technically employed. My grandfather was a farmer, and my dad helped out with a lot of the safer tasks, but these days if a 12 year old was caught milking cows, the parents would probably be fined for it, even though it was a common thing for our parents and grandparents to have kids helping out on the farm. I wanted a job when I was like 10 years old, because the prospect of making money was cool for someone that age. I had a paper route when I was young, but that kind of job is slave labor for shit wage, especially the old Pennysaver was absurd. A bag of like 25 of those things weighed a shit ton since it was just ads re ally and paid about $.25 cents per paper delivered, not exactly good work for kids and even teenagers. Not to mention we had to bag them ourselves in the winter so the snow wouldn't get on them. Come home from school to a stack of 200+ papers that had to be stuffed into sleeves which took an hour, then a couple more to deliver them to all the houses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    not with proper raising of that child
    Balls. You know, the kinds of parents who would coddle their children, protect them in a bubble, make sure they never get a cold or virus from other kids because of teir precious little darlings are to sensitive for that, are the kinds of people who raise ultra sensitive, easily offended SJWs. Giving a child who misbehaves a slap, like making sure their exposed to a viris like measles when their young, helps make them stronger and more resilient.

My brother has slapped his kids when their being misbehaving little gits, because thats what kids do, and sometimes, he will slap them to teach them there are consequences, not abuse them, not leave marks on them, just a quick shock so they know not to throw glass object in the living room or punch their mother for attention.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well when my well adjusted, honor roll student goes off the wall for the few spankings she received some 8-10 years ago, my view may change.

As it is, every child I know who has had measured corporal punishment is far better a child than those who have not and I know a fair share of each.

Thats all I have to say here, this topic comes up every couple months here and its never resolved. You and your side, wont sway me. The greatest generation grew up on whoopins. My parents grew up on whoopins, I grew up with spankings my children do/will and I will encourage the to do the same to their children. Why? because in all the experience I have, it works. And that experience is worth orders of magnitude more to me than any ones opinion on the internet or liberal and biased social science studies.
    "The greatest generation" ; You believe that spanking someone, will imbue them with special powers or something?

You're a riot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Easy peasy. Link.

Now quick, go and edit it so you can try to claim you didn't say you'd burn your parents to death! You can do it! Run! RUN!
    Too ashamed to quote, are we.. doesn't prove your fantasies I bet Go on you little child abusing snowflake, be honest once in your life, do it!