Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zic View Post
    i5 2550k 3.3GHz OC'd to 4.0 GHz

WoW is running off a intel SSD
    That's your problem there. You're running on a pretty old i5 processor. The newer i5 6600k averages 15+ fps more than your 2550k in almost all newer games.

What RAM/MoBo are you using? What's the clock speed and size of your RAM?

And the hard drives don't affect fps at all, only load times.

Quote Originally Posted by Roetorooter View Post
    That's your problem there. You're running on a pretty old i5 processor. The newer i5 6600k averages 15+ fps more than your 2550k in almost all newer games.

Also, what RAM are you using? What's the clock speed and size of your RAM?

Careful with the sandy bridge cpu not being enough for wow, you might trigger someone on these forums ....cough.

Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-12-31 at 04:53 AM.

i5 2550k 3.3GHz OC'd to 4.0 GHz

WoW is running off a intel SSD
    Your CPU is quite old now, so that may be why. Does the motherboard your using even have a PCI-E 3.0 slot? Also make sure it's in a 16x lane (incase you moved it into a slot further down on the board). If your motherboard isn't PCI-E 3.0 that's the entire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Your CPU is quite old now, so that may be why. Does the motherboard your using even have a PCI-E 3.0 slot? Also make sure it's in a 16x lane (incase you moved it into a slot further down on the board). If your motherboard isn't PCI-E 3.0 that's the entire problem.
    Yes, it does have PCI-E 3.0.

Yes, it does have PCI-E 3.0.
    What Motherboard and RAM Combo are you using? We need pretty precise details if you want help troubleshooting

What Motherboard and RAM Combo are you using? We need pretty precise details if you want help troubleshooting
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 for my mobo, and some 2x8GB HyperX ram sticks.

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 for my mobo, and some 2x8GB HyperX ram sticks.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820104442 - are these what you have? If so, what is their clock speed?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    My CPU usage never really goes above 50% though, it doesn't seem like it's bottlenecking anything
    WoW doesn't use more than 2 cores. If you have an i5 it could be bottle-necking you at 50%
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820104442 - are these what you have? If so, what is their clock speed?
    I'm not really sure honestly. I really don't think the ram is the issue, it's basically brand new, and I've only had it for a few months.

Not his CPU my dudes lol. I have a gtx 760 and a 2500k OC to 4.2ghz and i run 60 FPS pretty much everywhere. Hate to say it to you, but if you upgraded specifically for WoW ya you did waste money. There is an effective hardware cap for this game (given a 60hz 1080p monitor), and for GPU it starts right around gtx ~660 levels, your 760 was well above this cap.

Dont bother trying to max the game its not a hardware issue, its that the really high settings in this game are just not coded well. The best experience you can get in this game is use recommended settings, use a mid tier anti aliasing method, run in borderless windowed mode, and use vsync if you have a 60hz monitor.

If you dont play other games regularly, i would return that 1070 in a heartbeat lol.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-12-31 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    WoW doesn't use more than 2 cores. If you have an i5 it could be bottle-necking you at 50%
    It seems like all 4 are being used.

I'm not really sure honestly. I really don't think the ram is the issue, it's basically brand new, and I've only had it for a few months.
    The slower your RAM, the slower your computer transfers data, so yes, it could be a problem.

Your issues are:

Old CPU
    Old Mobo
    Old Slow RAM

What you basically did is put a turbo charger into a beater of a car. You need to upgrade more than just the graphics card to really get the most out of your GPU

Stop people lol, its not a hardware issue. He is likely using settings that are too high and unoptimized. He should return the 1070 and not upgrade anything else in his rig if the majority of his time spent is on WoW.

The slower your RAM, the slower your computer transfers data, so yes, it could be a problem.

Your issues are:

Old CPU
    Old Mobo
    Old Slow RAM

What you basically did is put a turbo charger into a beater of a car. You need to upgrade more than just the graphics card to really get the most out of your GPU
    The RAM isn't old, I just said I picked it up very recently to replace actual old bad RAM. I'll give you that the CPU/Mobo aren't super new, but I'd hardly call it a beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Stop people lol, its not a hardware issue. He is likely using settings that are too high and unoptimized. He should return the 1070 and not upgrade anything else in his rig if the majority of his time spent is on WoW.
    This is spot on. I have nearly an identical setup for my spare with no problems as the OP is describing. I would assume a software or OS related issue before hardware with the given information.

Just booted up OW and I'm getting worse FPS than I was before? What? At least in wow it was a marginal improvement.

The RAM isn't old, I just said I picked it up very recently to replace actual old bad RAM. I'll give you that the CPU/Mobo aren't super new, but I'd hardly call it a beater.
    Yeah, beater is a bit of a stretch, but it's still a valid point.

I can't describe to you how much of a difference there is moving to the Skylake architecture of the 6600k. Honestly, if you have the money to spare, I would definitely upgrade to make use of that GPU. With the 6600k, you'd need to upgrade to a new motherboard that matches the socket, and you'd also need to upgrade to DDR4 RAM, as the new boards don't recognize DDR3.

What RAM/MoBo are you using? What's the clock speed and size of your RAM?

I laughed so hard.
    Cpu is not a problem, nor is i5 "that old".
    6600k is same architecture like i5, just a bit improved, 2550k won't bottleneck anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    2500k at 4ghz is about the same speed as a 6600k stock iirc, if not within 5%

PCI-E 2.0 x8 is still enough to make no difference from PCI-E 3.0 x16 even with the fastest single card on the market.

It does not matter if the card is PCIE-E 3.0, it will run just fine in a 2.0 mobo.

You either have faulty hardware or software, your hardwares speed at current clocks, given no faults in hardware or software should be more than fine.

Edit; actually, OP, It would be nice if you posted exact specs of your harware, including power supply

Just telling us "600w" power supply wont do, we will need to know the actual model.
    Last edited by Axaion; 2016-12-31 at 05:30 AM.

Just booted up OW and I'm getting worse FPS than I was before? What? At least in wow it was a marginal improvement.
    Remove the drivers, remove the card from system entirely, wait a few minutes installe card and redownload geforce experience. When you are installing the drivers select custom, and then check the box that says do a clean installation.