Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Met the first one today actually, they seem quite nice to heal as disc due to the fairly smooth damage taken.

Since launch. I have noticed only 2-3 brewmasters in all dungeons and raids I have done. They are pretty damn rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild uses one for fights that benefit from a 3rd tank like M Cenarius or Elerethe.

In dungeons I hardly ever see them, but then again I don't really pay too much attention to that.

The DH tank in my mythic+ group has a brewmaster alt that he also tanks on. We do 12+ dungeons just fine

Never stopped playing BrM. Have Keystone Conqueror and everything. We're great tanks. Could use a little bit of a DPS boost, but hopefully that will come with 7.1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    One hour ago in a timewalking dungeon, he/she did really good.

Last time i had one tank for raiding was probably highmaul. My friend briefly played one at the start of the expansion though.

I'm a 890 Brewmaster myself so I rarely see other ones. Had one tank the last Nightbane run I did as dps tho. Might have been the first geared one I see that wasn't me.

Brewmaster is really really good and isn't getting any nerf anytime soon, the new legendary for them, as well as t-he buff to their current helm legendary are insane. I'm betting on some top guilds using one for NH progress.

Deleted
    As long as they know how to deal with stagger then most BM Will be fine, although quite right rarely seen

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time i saw one was around October when we where on mythic Ursoc where we used a Brew monk but he got replaced by a Guardian druid quite fast.

They are fine tanks and can do pretty much all content ofc they are not top notch when it comes to high progress raiding so you wont see top raiding guilds running with one because Gdruid/Warrior/Paladin are still better but anything regular they do the job just fine.

As for the future beyond Nighthold you will see more of them popping up because most people now went for Guardian druid and Warrior because they are the strongest tanks for raiding and both do very well in M+ and most Brewmonks from WoD went for Windweaver monk because do very well in M+
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-12-31 at 04:03 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Had one tank my guild's heroic EN alt run the other day, seemed like a nice guy and did his job properly. Think I've seen maybe 1-2 in random heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    The community thinks "they're shit" so no one wants to play them
    It'll change next tier when top guilds bring BM's to NH. Then everyone thinks 'lol you scrub, why u don't even BM'

The community is stupid af and the need to play FOTM is strong. Somehow that makes you "good".
    im pretty sure method took a BrM and a Warrior to tank their world first Mythic Helya

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post
    im pretty sure method took a BrM and a Warrior to tank their world first Mythic Helya
    Justwait is maining Guardian druid.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Justwait is maining Guardian druid.
    For at least the next 10 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScharfAsATack View Post
    For at least the next 10 minutes.
    And for Nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post
    Well no, they didn't. They had a druid and a warrior.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnSL9LDqMA

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely see a BrM tank in the dungeon runs that I do. I recently tried it on my own Monk and didn't like it one bit. I don't get the whole Stagger mechanic. I will stick with my Prot Paladin for my tanking fix.

Unfortunately I see one every week in my raid, as he's one of our tanks. The very few times I've gone with him into M+ we have invariably struggled hard compared to when I go with any other type of tank. Was having better luck with a buddy's low-geared DK tank alt in M+ than the monk who was about 20 ilvls above him.

I generally just avoid them at this point. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt when they say that a well-played BrM is a strong tank, but that is apparently akin to finding a unicorn...

One of my best geared alts that I play the most is my brewmaster monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I've recently wondered that myself.
    They seem to have become quite a rare sight. Can't even remember seeing one in Legion.
    :O